Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
I've been using the KTuner software and the V2 device for well over three years now and I figured this was a good time to talk about my long term experience with it.

Back in early 2018 I bought a CARB Flashpro but I soon realized it was a very limited device. Good for set and forget, but not much more. After about six months with it I decided it was time for an upgrade and I made the switch to the KTuner V2.

The V2 is worth every last penny of it's $649 price tag. It may seem steep but when you realize that no laptop is ever needed from locking to unlocking to flashing, it's a great deal. Plus, it's cool to use the touchscreen and monitor things right from the unit. I have the LEDs set to flash when IATs get too high. Of course, nothing's perfect and the touchscreen could be more responsive at times but I give it a 9.5 out of 10.

As far as the KTuner software, while there was a bit of a learning coming from Hondata, it is very good. I do find it takes a bit of time to load but that's really no biggie. It get's a 9 out of 10 for usability.

Now to what matters most. KTuner's tuning features. And this is where KTuner shines. For starters, the ability to switch between 3 different maps on the fly is fantastic. The easy way JR has set up quick boost by gear means even a novice can set it up easily. And those easy to use quick adjustments like turbo response, throttle response, ramp etc totally transform the way our cars drive. In this area, KTuner is second to none. 10/10.

I flashed many different Starter tune combos and all of them were a huge step above stock. And with the various quick adjustments and the ability to have 3 available tunes with different boost levels, there's a lot of variety. I set my three tunes with increasing levels of boost from map to map. Sort of "commuter", "smile inducing" and "holy shit". :cool: Currently, I'm running the Phearable 1.5R tune and it's the best tune I've tried.

I have to give a shout out to JR for his activity on the forum. Not many guys in his position would take the time to help out like he does. It's important to know when you buy a quality product that the support is good as well. Bottom line, if you can't already tell, IMHO KTuner rocks.
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
gtman

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Just bring a change of underwear to be safe after you're first tuned WOT experience. ;)

whoz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 2018 EX-T Modern Steel
Country flag
@gtman, thanks to your constant updates and the excellent reliability thread I finally got myself a Ktuner v2. As you can imagine, its all a bit overwhelming at first. Is there a thread where folks are posting the maps/tunes they are using. It would nice to know what the difference between Stage 1 and Starter 18 PSI is (apart from the boost pressures), and what variables can be played around with without blowing the engine. It would really help the onboarding process.

OP
OP
gtman

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)