CVTKiller

First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic EX-T CVT
Country flag
Thank you @gtman you helped shed alot of light for me tweeking my ktuner. I just uploaded the less aggressive map from earlier in the thread and like it so far, not too much boost at low gears but much better in the top end at higer rpm saves the boost I feel like.
my current set up is for my turbo is just a
CAI street cobra and I just purchased the inlet pipe from 27won so Iam really excited about that more for the looks very little HP.

GTMAN any recommendations when working with a tune to tweek the intake. or just leave it alone?

OP
OP
gtman

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase

rwk226

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 BMW 535xi N55
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I've read through just about every page here looking to learn more about the Ktuner program itself and what everything does, so I could customize my tune! I've learned so much through this thread, gtman you are awesome! I took the last post you had your settings in and tweaked them a little. Tune 1 will be my fuel economy tune (is tune 1 supposed to be when the eco mode is on, or is it the quick change option you use your cruise control buttons for?), 2 will be my peppy tune, and of course 3 will be my balls-to-the-walls tune. Won't upload until I get input, but does this look safe?
Honda Civic 10th gen My KTuner experience - an ongoing journal 1623873926763

Honda Civic 10th gen My KTuner experience - an ongoing journal 1623873939662

Honda Civic 10th gen My KTuner experience - an ongoing journal 1623873963857

OP
OP
gtman

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Looks good.

As far as on the fly switching, the maps are changed via the cc buttons. And once in your particular map (tune 1,2,3) press the Econ button on for the reduced power setup.

rwk226

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 BMW 535xi N55
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Good to know! Thanks a ton. I'm going to play around with these for a while, and eventually try out my Phearable tune I have as well. When I cut the car on, what tune will it start in? Will it just default to 1, or does it remember what I used last?

OP
OP
gtman

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
If you keep your KTuner plugged in, it will revert to your last used map. I only keep it plugged in for those times I datalog. In that scenario where it's not left plugged in, it reverts to map (tune) 1.

Zaz1313

First Name
ZACH
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T
Country flag
Here's an on the fly setup I did with BBG in 1st and 2nd. Basically tune 1 is the most aggressive. Tune 2 a bit less and tune 3 is really conservative. Still not sure if I need BBG since I almost never go full throttle off the line.

What do you guys think? Do I need BBG? Would BBG be smoother with or without ramp?

Capture.GIF

BBG On the Fly.GIF
See this is what I would like to understand! ( what's Tune 1 normal, tune 1 eco, Tune 1 BTR?) Is that like normal drive position, Eco button, and Sport??? And then for the boost by gear limit. Is that the limit of boost in each gear and what are you doing for custom or is it automatic? Should I have the turbo spool improved if I wanna protect my CVT? And the turbo responsiveness is that okay to play with?

OP
OP
gtman

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Normal is just that. Normal mode. Press the Econ button and you get a secondary reduced power tune. Sport is a transmission mode, nothing to do with the tune.

As far as boost by gear with a CVT, just limit boost in "1st". That will suffice.

As far as settings, all are safe except for disabling ramp.

If you go Improved I on everything, that would be an extremely safe setup.

The two most important parts regarding CVT safety are your right foot and your brain.

Zaz1313

First Name
ZACH
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T
Country flag
Normal is just that. Normal mode. Press the Econ button and you get a secondary reduced power tune. Sport is a transmission mode, nothing to do with the tune.

As far as boost by gear with a CVT, just limit boost in "1st". That will suffice.

As far as settings, all are safe except for disabling ramp.

If you go Improved I on everything, that would be an extremely safe setup.

The two most important parts regarding CVT safety are your right foot and your brain.
Okay, I understand that now. Kind of figured the sport just had to do with the transmission. Does it affect the functionality of these tunes in sport vs. Drive. ( Should your tune be specific to it ) Now these are just the quick adjustments for the different various of stages you can select? Would it be okay to do the top stage. (Stage 2 Dual 21psi with Eco) Pretty sure you mentioned that all those stages they have pre-loaded are safe as long as you're not abusing them. ( obviously). And, is the disabling ramp in all the disabled options? Another question regarding that are there anythings that are okay and good to disable to help the performance?

sacklzement

First Name
Matthias
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 1.5T CVT
Country flag
Do you turn off early turbo spool and why? Does it give you better performance at higher speeds? I will be giving this a try soon.
I kind of think early spool skews the balance a bit. The car feels snappy at the low and midrange but maybe tails off a bit more up top especially when combined with aggressive throttle and part throttle turbo response settings.
That's good to know. I personally don't need it to be very snappy at lower speeds, I'm more interested in improvements at highway speeds.

@n0chance
Did you gave it a try, what was your experience? What were the best settings for highway speeds?

Bootleg Bill

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport (CVT)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I've read through just about every page here looking to learn more about the Ktuner program itself and what everything does, so I could customize my tune! I've learned so much through this thread, gtman you are awesome! I took the last post you had your settings in and tweaked them a little. Tune 1 will be my fuel economy tune (is tune 1 supposed to be when the eco mode is on, or is it the quick change option you use your cruise control buttons for?), 2 will be my peppy tune, and of course 3 will be my balls-to-the-walls tune. Won't upload until I get input, but does this look safe?
1623873926763.png

1623873939662.png

1623873963857.png
just stumbled intot his old thread i was wondering if it worked out well?

rwk226

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 BMW 535xi N55
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
just stumbled intot his old thread i was wondering if it worked out well?
I am pretty sure it worked well for me. I didn't have issues with it. I did wind up upgrading to Phearable 1.5/1.5R tune though, and it's a lot better than the 21psi w/ quick adjustments ever was.

Bootleg Bill

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport (CVT)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I am pretty sure it worked well for me. I didn't have issues with it. I did wind up upgrading to Phearable 1.5/1.5R tune though, and it's a lot better than the 21psi w/ quick adjustments ever was.
oooo i been wanting to get it lately did you get the race or the regular one?
which one would you recommend?

rwk226

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 BMW 535xi N55
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
oooo i been wanting to get it lately did you get the race or the regular one?
which one would you recommend?
Definitely the 1.5R / 1.5 Race tune. It disables Artificial Knock Rise by default, meaning you will make a little more power, that power will be more consistent. It's hard to really show just how impactful it is unless you had a chance to run the standard 1.5 tune and the 1.5R tune. Both are great, don't get me wrong, but the 1.5R is better.
Sponsored