First Name
Ted Dorosheff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic SI
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
As expected, your AFR is about 11.1:1 at WOT under boost. Please don't take this as a "told you so", I just didn't want anyone thinking it was a good idea to target anything close to 14.7:1 at WOT. I'm far from an expert but know that much. Just trying to be helpful and prevent further 1.5T's laying in pieces. We've had enough of them already lately.

You are in good hands with Vit.

ss.png
Shows how much i know. I guess i haven't been paying close enough attention during pulls.
Sponsored

OP
OP
EizenhowerSTL

EizenhowerSTL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
After setting up my KTuner I’m really impressed with the power from the base dual tune. I am going to set it up so I can run factory settings without sport and the 19.5 with sport mode.

I am hoping that will give me reliable performance and good clutch life. I reached out to KTuner and it appears this may be a tune in the next software release.

MavicTB

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Civic Si Sedan Aegean Blue
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
After setting up my KTuner I’m really impressed with the power from the base dual tune. I am going to set it up so I can run factory settings without sport and the 19.5 with sport mode.

I am hoping that will give me reliable performance and good clutch life. I reached out to KTuner and it appears this may be a tune in the next software release.
I would like that but with rev hang fixed on the non-sport tune.

maddmatt02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic ex-t 2016 crv lx 2001 accord ex 1997 integra gs
Country flag
IAT2 - intake ambient temperature. Good metric to be aware of because too high of IAT temps are bad for the engine.

AFR - air fuel ratio. As long as this number stays around 14.7-15.0 while you are giving it gas, you know you dont have any problems. Dont worry if it goes to around +20 when you are just coasting.
I have been wrong plenty of times in the past but the way I understood it, IAT is the air at the intake pre-turbo and the IAT2 is in the charge pipe post-FMIC. When you mentioned ambient I figure you are talking about IAT2 being the intake temp pre-turbo.

Also, as mentioned 14.7 is only targeted@ idle and low load crusing.

Strange, my car had been happily running at around 14.7-14.9 during WOT, and once i put my CAI (was accidentally shipped the race MAF, so drove it for a couple days without vits tune) my AFR was around 15.0-15.4 WOT, and thats when i got a CEL P0171 code. Now i'm back around 14.7 and the car doesnt complain.
Your car was actually driveable with the race maf housing and no tuning? did you happen to measure how large it was by chance? my 3.25" housing threw instant max +45% trims and wouldn't run for crap before I bumped the scale WAY up and then still had 20's to 30's on the first try.

Im not too sure it is. So far the research i've done has shown that for most engines, a ratio of 15.0:1 is considered stoic, and for engines designed to burn Methyl tert-butyl ether a ratio of 14.1:1 is considered stoic. Certainly an AFR of 10:1 would be very rich regardless of engine design.

Regardless, my cars computer only threw warnings when it started reading AFR's of 15.0+ at idle, and was within expected range at 14.7 when idling. Under WOT, i did not see this number change from 14.7 more than +.2. Additionally, after i started getting custom tunes from Vit, my AFR at idle and WOT is usually 14.7-14.9.
It isn't the engine that dictates what mixture stoich is, it's the fuel. There are engines that are happier at leaner or richer mixtures than others but it doesn't alter the stoich mix of the fuel being used.

I go pretty crazy on mine, I have the one that has the tach/gear in the middle and 11 more items on the sides. I am still playing with the tune myself but I have IGN/ECT/AFR/MAP/K. cont/IAT/IAT2/STFT/LTFT/ETH and then VSS just because I shoot videos with the Ktuner in view and want the speed on there.

Si-Dijk

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
I would like that but with rev hang fixed on the non-sport tune.

Yes. This is exactly what I want, eliminate the rev hang and have just a little extra boost when I want it. The rev hang is my only complaint about the car so far.

Does anyone know if the rev hang gets better after some miles on it? Or is it only going to be fixed by a tune?

Si-Dijk

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si
Country flag

So I just got my Ktuner today. This is now an option and I just flashed it to my Si today. The only thing i changed was to disable the rev hang.
Sponsored