First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
  • Banned
got my Ktuner v1.2 during Black Friday sales, paid $380 delivered, busted out the laptop, downloaded Ktuner program from the Ktuner website, watched a video on YouTube on how to install the map for 19.5/23 PSI which seems to be the popular map, also checked the box off to remove rev hang and hit go to flash my cars ecu. Been driving it and the rev hang is def gone, and it’s hitting 19 psi boost in reg mode, 23 psi boost in sport mode. The car feels faster, not overwhelmingly fast tho. The boost def comes on a lot earlier. I’m running 93 octane, my question is what’s the max HP I have now in sport mode hitting 23 PSI boost? I’m thinking like 240 HP or is that too high? Also I find if I keep boosting the car way up I get a slight oily/gas smell in the car which I guess is from beating on the car? For the money I think it was worth it.
Sponsored

OP
OP

aldo

Banned
Banned
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
  • Banned
Horsepower @ rpm
205@5700

Torque @ rpm
192@2100

These are the numbers that Honda posts for the Si stock, and people say that Honda’s numbers are low? Ktuner says on their website running 91+ octane and with the 23 Psi tune you should expect gains of 56 wtq and 35-40 whp midrange, so if my math is correct my Si should be at 248 wtq and 245 whp? Or am I missing something here, I’m a newbie? Thanks.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Horsepower @ rpm
205@5700

Torque @ rpm
192@2100

These are the numbers that Honda posts for the Si stock, and people say that Honda’s numbers are low? Ktuner says on their website running 91+ octane and with the 23 Psi tune you should expect gains of 56 wtq and 35-40 whp midrange, so if my math is correct my Si should be at 248 wtq and 245 whp? Or am I missing something here, I’m a newbie? Thanks.
Only speaking about stock hp, Hondata in their testing dyno'ed the base 1.5 motor as being quite underrated. Not sure about the Si being quite as underrated by Honda. And remember manufacturer hp numbers are crank not wheel.

Mind you, I have the base 1.5, not the Si and run a 21psi Ktuner tune. My car is much faster around town due to more boost and early spool. On the highway, I'm not as overwhelmed with the tune because after about 5,000 power really drops off.

These are just base tunes though and tuned very conservatively. The TSP Stage 1 Si tune is a monster from what I've heard.

Last edited:

yyalb

First Name
Albert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
10 gen Civic Si
Country flag
got my Ktuner v1.2 during Black Friday sales, paid $380 delivered, busted out the laptop, downloaded Ktuner program from the Ktuner website, watched a video on YouTube on how to install the map for 19.5/23 PSI which seems to be the popular map, also checked the box off to remove rev hang and hit go to flash my cars ecu. Been driving it and the rev hang is def gone, and it’s hitting 19 psi boost in reg mode, 23 psi boost in sport mode. The car feels faster, not overwhelmingly fast tho. The boost def comes on a lot earlier. I’m running 93 octane, my question is what’s the max HP I have now in sport mode hitting 23 PSI boost? I’m thinking like 240 HP or is that too high? Also I find if I keep boosting the car way up I get a slight oily/gas smell in the car which I guess is from beating on the car? For the money I think it was worth it.
Acutally I also just installed my Ktuner which is bought on black Friday for the same price! I'm on stock/21.5 base map with rev-hang off. The car is definately more responsive and the boost in sport mode is phenomenal. However, I find the rev drop still quite slow, don't konw if I've flashed in a wrong way or it is how it should be like with the rev hang disabled.

MuffinMcFluffin

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Honda Civic EX, 2019 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
Also I find if I keep boosting the car way up I get a slight oily/gas smell in the car which I guess is from beating on the car?
Is this the same thing as the rotten egg smell some people get? If so, that apparently subsidizes over time. Some people reported it being gone after 12k miles or so.

How many miles are on your car?

OP
OP

aldo

Banned
Banned
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Is this the same thing as the rotten egg smell some people get? If so, that apparently subsidizes over time. Some people reported it being gone after 12k miles or so.

How many miles are on your car?
No def not rotten egg, oil and gas but I was boosting it a lot.

vctwhitepearl

First Name
Vic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda SI Coupe
Country flag
Only speaking about stock hp, Hondata in their testing dyno'ed the base 1.5 motor as being quite underrated. Not sure about the Si being quite as underrated by Honda. And remember manufacturer hp numbers are crank not wheel.

Mind you, I have the base 1.5, not the Si and run a 21psi Ktuner tune. My car is much faster around town due to more boost and early spool. On the highway, I'm not as overwhelmed with the tune because after about 5,000 power really drops off.

These are just base tunes though and tuned very conservatively. The TSP Stage 1 Si tune is a monster from what I've heard.
I agree, plenty o power at 21 psi as a sleeper commuter. If you open the starter tune stage 2 and set your final boost table to 23.5 - 27 psi and taper your 21 tune to 25 - 27 at top end, I think you'll experience full power with no drop off that stock equipment can generate, I've experienced it. I've seen the CVT "downshift" 500-750 rpm so to speak to maintain the power curve and torque well over 120 mph. (think where does it end). This power exceeds the stock chassis suspension steering tires etc. and needs upgrade to run this set up. And you need to find the road space to maintain this kind of acceleration and speed safely. I've turn it down since in the interest of I have no death wish. I think we go Type R if we want more high speed performance and handling and track it.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
I agree, plenty o power at 21 psi as a sleeper commuter. If you open the starter tune stage 2 and set your final boost table to 23.5 - 27 psi and taper your 21 tune to 25 - 27 at top end, I think you'll experience full power with no drop off that stock equipment can generate, I've experienced it. I've seen the CVT "downshift" 500-750 rpm so to speak to maintain the power curve and torque well over 120 mph. (think where does it end). This power exceeds the stock chassis suspension steering tires etc. and needs upgrade to run this set up. And you need to find the road space to maintain this kind of acceleration and speed safely. I've turn it down since in the interest of I have no death wish. I think we go Type R if we want more high speed performance and handling and track it.
I've been playing around with upping the boost in the 4000-5500 range but I wish we knew the safe limit.

vctwhitepearl

First Name
Vic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda SI Coupe
Country flag
I've been playing around with upping the boost in the 4000-5500 range but I wish we knew the safe limit.
Yeah, the only thing I think we can go by is the limit given to us in the Starter 21 PSI tune. Clearly the Final Boost Table tops out at 22.5 (Effective Compression 26.46 psi), that's my Tune 3 top end. I briefly played with it too above to 25 psi (Effective Compression 28.63 psi) for a week or two and got my adrenaline fix with wheel spin thrills and all. I did find out that the stock turbo can generate it that high if we want it. So if anything I think we haven't heard about any catastrophic failures yet from guys running stock with 21+ psi yet.....:beer:

Last edited:
OP
OP

aldo

Banned
Banned
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Another observation with the car, before I installed the Ktuner, when I floored the car, really jumped on it in second or third gear the civic would get very violent up front, hammering, shuddering, dashboard lighting up, etc. it was terrible. After I installed the Ktuner no more of that, very smooth, the only thing lighting up is the traction control, very easily smoke the tires smoothly without the hammering, shuttering, etc.

vctwhitepearl

First Name
Vic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda SI Coupe
Country flag
Another observation with the car, before I installed the Ktuner, when I floored the car, really jumped on it in second or third gear the civic would get very violent up front, hammering, shuddering, dashboard lighting up, etc. it was terrible. After I installed the Ktuner no more of that, very smooth, the only thing lighting up is the traction control, very easily smoke the tires smoothly without the hammering, shuttering, etc.
Was that something you mentioned to your dealer? Doesn't sound normal?
Sponsored