Just received my KTuner from VIT

EizenhowerSTL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
I purchased my @KTuner with the Stage 1 tune from @VitViper. It arrived today and I got everything up and running. I loaded the Base Dual Tune so far and am really impressed. I have not received the tune from VIT yet. I want to try out the basic tune first.

I am looking for some tips for the best data points to keep on my display. I am currently running the Boost, Air/Fuel, Air Intake Temp (watching for Heat-soak with my K&N SR) and the Knock Value.

Thoughts?
Sponsored

teders

First Name
Ted Dorosheff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic SI
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Jeez guys, there's a separate forum for tuning/Ktuner.
This is true. But oh well.

As for the data points to display on the unit, i like to look at my engine RPM as a tach, MAP, ECT, IAT2, and AFR (called wide band 02 i believe). the layout option which provides a tach on the left side then 4 number displays on the right is the one i use.

ECT - nice to know exactly what my engine temp is when i start it up, i usually dont start to drive till it hits at least 100 F.

MAP - boost guage, also nice to see and allows you to display something else on your dash readout.

IAT2 - intake ambient temperature. Good metric to be aware of because too high of IAT temps are bad for the engine.

AFR - air fuel ratio. As long as this number stays around 14.7-15.0 while you are giving it gas, you know you dont have any problems. Dont worry if it goes to around +20 when you are just coasting.

Last edited:

coopermidnight

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Jeez guys, there's a separate forum for tuning/Ktuner.
Yeah, check out the front page of the Si board for plenty of stuff that doesn't belong here. I wonder which feature posters will understand first: multi-quoting or reading section titles? :rolleyes:

AsianGuy98

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
This is true. But oh well.

As for the data points to display on the unit, i like to look at my engine RPM as a tach, MAP, ECT, IAT2, and AFR (called wide band 02 i believe). the layout option which provides a tach on the left side then 4 number displays on the right is the one i use.

ECT - nice to know exactly what my engine temp is when i start it up, i usually dont start to drive till it hits at least 100 F.

MAP - boost guage, also nice to see and allows you to display something else on your dash readout.

IAT2 - intake ambient temperature. Good metric to be aware of because too high of IAT temps are bad for the engine.

AFR - air fuel ratio. As long as this number stays around 14.7-15.0 while you are giving it gas, you know you dont have any problems. Dont worry if it goes to around +20 when you are just coasting.
Thats on the lean side of things.

Performance Brakes LTD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic
Expect it to be much richer (lower number) under wide open throttle conditions. While at WOT and under boost the factory tables are going to target an AFR around 10.9:1.

teders

First Name
Ted Dorosheff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic SI
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
That’s to high.
Strange, my car had been happily running at around 14.7-14.9 during WOT, and once i put my CAI (was accidentally shipped the race MAF, so drove it for a couple days without vits tune) my AFR was around 15.0-15.4 WOT, and thats when i got a CEL P0171 code. Now i'm back around 14.7 and the car doesnt complain.

teders

First Name
Ted Dorosheff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic SI
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Thats lean for wot
Im not too sure it is. So far the research i've done has shown that for most engines, a ratio of 15.0:1 is considered stoic, and for engines designed to burn Methyl tert-butyl ether a ratio of 14.1:1 is considered stoic. Certainly an AFR of 10:1 would be very rich regardless of engine design.

Regardless, my cars computer only threw warnings when it started reading AFR's of 15.0+ at idle, and was within expected range at 14.7 when idling. Under WOT, i did not see this number change from 14.7 more than +.2. Additionally, after i started getting custom tunes from Vit, my AFR at idle and WOT is usually 14.7-14.9.

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2017 Si Sedan (Sold), 2017 Sport Hatchback (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Im not too sure it is. So far the research i've done has shown that for most engines, a ratio of 15.0:1 is considered stoic, and for engines designed to burn Methyl tert-butyl ether a ratio of 14.1:1 is considered stoic. Certainly an AFR of 10:1 would be very rich regardless of engine design.

Regardless, my cars computer only threw warnings when it started reading AFR's of 15.0+ at idle, and was within expected range at 14.7 when idling. Under WOT, i did not see this number change from 14.7 more than +.2. Additionally, after i started getting custom tunes from Vit, my AFR at idle and WOT is usually 14.7-14.9.
If you are willing to share, I’d love to see a log of one of your recent WOT pulls. You can attach them on the forum in a zip file.

teders

First Name
Ted Dorosheff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic SI
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
If you are willing to share, I’d love to see a log of one of your recent WOT pulls. You can attach them on the forum in a zip file.
Sure thing, this is the latest one i sent to Vit

Attachments

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2017 Si Sedan (Sold), 2017 Sport Hatchback (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Sure thing, this is the latest one i sent to Vit
As expected, your AFR is about 11.1:1 at WOT under boost. Please don't take this as a "told you so", I just didn't want anyone thinking it was a good idea to target anything close to 14.7:1 at WOT. I'm far from an expert but know that much. Just trying to be helpful and prevent further 1.5T's laying in pieces. We've had enough of them already lately.

You are in good hands with Vit.

Honda Civic 10th gen Just received my KTuner from VIT ss
Sponsored