Luckyarmpit

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 VW Golf R, 2003 Wrangler TJ
Country flag
I made sure to break in the clutch correctly, I changed the oil to change the engine break in oil which I didnt really need anymore.
I'm not sure why people feel the need to deviate from what the manufacturer of the car.... you know, the people that designed, built, and tested it... recommends as far as maintenance is concerned. If Honda says to leave the factory/original oil in in until the Maintenance Minder goes off, then Honda probably knows what they are talking about. I mean, a customer has every right to do what they please with their car - it's their car, after all. However, I am not a bottomless wellspring of money and have no desire to throw money at a car once it's paid for because I didn't take care of it properly. I plan to keep this car for 10+ years, assuming the need for a different car doesn't happen between now and then. Anything I can do to take care of it so it will last that long - like leaving the break-in oil in the car like Honda says - makes sense.

It's been documented all over the Internet and even by Honda themselves that the factory/original oil contains special lubricants and other additives that protect the engine during its infancy. Not understanding why anyone would think that's not needed.

Does anyone know if there is and adverse effect from disabling rev hang?
None, other than perhaps your Carbon Footprint may go up by an immeasurable amount.
Sponsored

Sal Bandini

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Country flag
Does anyone know if there is and adverse effect from disabling rev hang?
From the manual it says decelerating transition becomes more aggressive. See last line:

http://www.ktuner.com/KTunerHelp/disable_rev_hang.htm?ms=AkkAEAhAMA==&st=MA==&sct=ODA=&mw=MjQw

Throttle padding is supposed to smooth it out depending on setting:

http://www.ktuner.com/KTunerHelp/throttle_padding.htm?ms=AkkAEAhAEA==&st=MA==&sct=MA==&mw=MjQw

I haven't disabled it yet but will likely play around with it tonight.