It only lasted 2,670 miles...

Donuyen18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda s2000
Country flag
You make a thread on a civic centered forum bashing said vehicle and now your getting upset because people dont agree with you? Now you list all your vehicles you have owned like " hey look at me! Look how many cars I have owned! Look at me!" And of course you had to add the fact that you completed grad school to let us know that you are "really smart". To end your rant, you finish by letting everyone know that we are beneath you by calling us kids. The fact that you go through a different car every few years is very telling and seems like nothin really seems to live up "your standards". Also, getting upset over forum posts seem a little immature. But what do I know, I'm just a kid.
Sponsored

xbbnx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Si, 2017 Si (past), 2015 Si (past)
Country flag
Time to move on... to the Murano forum.
Where in a few months he'll be bashing Nissan for it's shitty build quality before moving on to a Suburu Forester, rinse and repeat.

Lukifer

First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
Of all of these cars, the 2009 Honda Accord had by far the worst build quality for the money. After that, the Mercury Capri 5.0. After that, this 2018 Honda Civic Si.

I stand by my comments and I don't need anyone on a Civic forum telling me I'm wrong. This car was very poorly built and is NOTHING compared to the two 8th gen Civics I had.
You're wrong

NHCivicGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 R
Country flag
Of all of these cars, the 2009 Honda Accord had by far the worst build quality for the money. After that, the Mercury Capri 5.0. After that, this 2018 Honda Civic Si.
LOL :rofl:

peterZ

First Name
peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport Hatch 6MT Lunar Silver Metallic
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
This 67 year old “kid” loves his 2018 Hatchback Sport 6mt. Admittedly, I have just a bit less than 10k miles on it, but nothing is falling apart on it, and the more I drive it, the more I love it. Lemons do exist but I never had one (I have owned mostly Honda Si hatches) and maybe the fact that this hatch is made in Briton makes a difference.
Sorry that you weren’t happy with your Si. Stuff happens; you move on. It appears that you have (almost).

NoelPR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' Ridgeline RTL-E (Thanks to the CTR markups)
Country flag
He changes car very often so. The Civic was due to change anyway.
Don't see any point on making more "noise" on this thread.

ebhaynz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si 2017
Country flag
Many customers have had some problems with the latest gen of Civic's but for the most part the quality of these vehicles is still quite high when compared to the competition. I have a salvage title 17 Si and I haven't had anything really stick out as a huge problem. There's some overspray on the windshield where they repainted the hood or quarter panel. A screw came off under the front bumper. There's no rattles or squeaks. Yes, some of the black interior like the armrest is hard to clean and graying and yes, the infotainment is predictably average(at best) but for anyone who wants a sporty car with a manual this is by far the best value on the market.
And yes, the resale value is high so you really can't lose very much with these Civic's.

Ataricade

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Country flag
I think my 8th gen had nicer seat/armrest materials. Otherwise I don’t see any quality differences. On the topic of seats though I think the 10th gen are more supportive and comfortable.

Design

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 MS3, 17 ABM Si Sedan
Country flag
I get it that the Civic is the ultimate fan boy car, and the forum would of course be the ultimate fan boy forum, but you guys are making comments that have nothing to do with what I'm saying.

I'm not talking about what I drove before or what I drive now. I'm talking about abysmal build quality and extreme disappointment.

Some have said that obviously it's buyer's remorse and I have no clue what I'm buying or talking about, so let me qualify my original post.

Here are the cars before college:

1979 Mercury Capri 5.0 (engine built by Winston Cup mechanic, 11 sec 1/4 mile)
1985 Volkswagen GTI
1992 Ford F150 (Drove until I finished college)
1992 Volkswagen GTI (Lowered, LSD, Neuspeed top and bottom, adjustable Tokico shocks/struts, short throw, tune, cam, soft composite racing tires, etc. etc.)
1994 Mazda MX-3 GT V6

Here are the cars I've owned since I got out of grad school in 2006:

2006 Ford F150 FX4
2008 Honda Civic Si Coupe
2009 Mazda5 GT (wife's car)
2009 Honda Accord Coupe EX-L V6 manual
2011 Honda Civic Si coupe
2013 Ford Mustang GT convertible (Grabber Blue)
2014 Honda Civic Si coupe (owned at same time as Mustang)
2015 Ford Mustang GT (Traded Civic on it)
2016 Nissan Murano Platinum (wife's car)
2017 Ford F-150 (owned same time as '15 Mustang)
2017.5 Nissan Murano S
2018 Honda Civic Si
2018 Nissan Murano S

I stand by my comments and I don't need anyone on a Civic forum telling me I'm wrong. This car was very poorly built and is NOTHING compared to the two 8th gen Civics I had. My '11 SI was one of the best cars I've ever owned. Acting like I don't know what I was buying because I happened to go back to a Murano is completely wrong. And it has nothing to do with what I'm saying.

That's fine if you have nothing to say about build quality of the car, but it's off topic and irrelevant to my OP.
Honda Civic 10th gen It only lasted 2,670 miles... {filename}

waterman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Honda Civic Si coupe, 2018 Chevrolet Camaro ZL1 1LE
Country flag
Silly fan boys; Civic is not a sports car.
NSX, Corvette, 911, Viper, GT350 and ZL1 are sports cars (to name just a few).

Civic Si is an economical, fun to drive, sporty, easily modified, exceptionally handling economy car.

In the real world anything with 4/5 doors is a sedan, not a sports car. That includes the CTR and STI.

Get off of the OPs back.

Let the hate festival begin.

Lukifer

First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
Silly fan boys; Civic is not a sports car.
NSX, Corvette, 911, Viper, GT350 and ZL1 are sports cars (to name just a few).

Civic Si is an economical, fun to drive, sporty, easily modified, exceptionally handling economy car.

In the real world anything with 4/5 doors is a sedan, not a sports car. That includes the CTR and STI.

Get off of the OPs back.

Let the hate festival begin.
Huh? Not sure what thread you're reading? This isn't a discussion about whether or not the civic is a sports car. Everyone is talking about Honda build quality and the "fun to drive" factor of the Civic Si vs Murano.

OP could have left quietly... But he's pissed his Si let him down... So he came here to fire people up as a sort of metaphorical microphone drop on Honda. I hope he feels better. :thumbsup:

Last edited:

zybar

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si Sedan, 2009 BMW M3 Sedan, 2007 Mini JCW Edition
So my 2018 Si Sedan that I purchased this summer just passed 600 miles and so far it is has been a positive experience. Because I was following the proper break-in process, I haven't driven it in a very spirited fashion yet, so I can't really comment on it's true performance.

This is going to be my winter car (my summer car is a BMW M3 sedan) and luckily I haven't had any quality issues. My expectations around the quality/fit/finish/performance are shaped by the cost of the vehicle. Clearly it's inferior in every aspect compared to my M3...but for a $22k car, it is about what I expect and it's a joy to drive. My one gripe would be the cheap cloth and lack of padding on the center and door arm rests. But again...it's a budget car.

Compared to the competition (GTI, WRX, Focus, etc...) I agree with what others have said about the Si being a great value.

George

Last edited:

Justinus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None.
I get it that the Civic is the ultimate fan boy car, and the forum would of course be the ultimate fan boy forum, but you guys are making comments that have nothing to do with what I'm saying.

I'm not talking about what I drove before or what I drive now. I'm talking about abysmal build quality and extreme disappointment.

Some have said that obviously it's buyer's remorse and I have no clue what I'm buying or talking about, so let me qualify my original post.

Here are the cars before college:

1979 Mercury Capri 5.0 (engine built by Winston Cup mechanic, 11 sec 1/4 mile)
1985 Volkswagen GTI
1992 Ford F150 (Drove until I finished college)
1992 Volkswagen GTI (Lowered, LSD, Neuspeed top and bottom, adjustable Tokico shocks/struts, short throw, tune, cam, soft composite racing tires, etc. etc.)
1994 Mazda MX-3 GT V6

Here are the cars I've owned since I got out of grad school in 2006:

2006 Ford F150 FX4
2008 Honda Civic Si Coupe
2009 Mazda5 GT (wife's car)
2009 Honda Accord Coupe EX-L V6 manual
2011 Honda Civic Si coupe
2013 Ford Mustang GT convertible (Grabber Blue)
2014 Honda Civic Si coupe (owned at same time as Mustang)
2015 Ford Mustang GT (Traded Civic on it)
2016 Nissan Murano Platinum (wife's car)
2017 Ford F-150 (owned same time as '15 Mustang)
2017.5 Nissan Murano S
2018 Honda Civic Si
2018 Nissan Murano S

I stand by my comments and I don't need anyone on a Civic forum telling me I'm wrong. This car was very poorly built and is NOTHING compared to the two 8th gen Civics I had. My '11 SI was one of the best cars I've ever owned. Acting like I don't know what I was buying because I happened to go back to a Murano is completely wrong. And it has nothing to do with what I'm saying.

That's fine if you have nothing to say about build quality of the car, but it's off topic and irrelevant to my OP.
Lol okay, bud.
Sponsored