It only lasted 2,670 miles...

Vtisi4life

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic si
Country flag
Almost no issues here 9000 miles. I am a mechanic and work as service adviser. We get Muranos every day, sorry to say it is not a real Japanese Car, it is a French Car Renault full of problems. You might not like the Si but please don't compare to a Murano.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Robotaz

Robotaz

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R
Country flag
Sounds like buyers remorse and the rattles are just an excuse. Why buy a sporty, fun to drive, reliable, economical, affordable car when you really want a boxy SUV? The Murano probably fits in better dropping the kiddos off at soccer practice.

See ya.
LOL, you mad, bro?

OP
OP
Robotaz

Robotaz

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R
Country flag
Almost no issues here 9000 miles. I am a mechanic and work as service adviser. We get Muranos every day, sorry to say it is not a real Japanese Car, it is a French Car Renault full of problems. You might not like the Si but please don't compare to a Murano.
This our third 3rd gen Murano and none have had a single issue, not even a rattle or interior sound, much less a mechanical issue. And they aren’t Renaults. No clue where you got that info.

Gotch

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Si
Country flag
What a load of horse sh.t! Enjoy your Murano! Lmao. More a piece of garbage than anything Honda makes.

I don’t understand why people buy cars, and after supposedly test driving them complain. 13k on mine and not a squeak. I’m calling bs on all accounts

BoostedSiCoupe

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Country flag
a murano? thats ...special.

Blindeye_03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 CTR - White
Country flag
What a load of horse sh.t! Enjoy your Murano! Lmao. More a piece of garbage than anything Honda makes.

I don’t understand why people buy cars, and after supposedly test driving them complain. 13k on mine and not a squeak. I’m calling bs on all accounts
Hes here to make himself feel better about losing money on his SI.

The car I had that rattled the most was my GTI that was made in Germany.. go figure. My Focus ST and Fiesta ST didnt rattle anywhere but I only had each of them for a year and roughly 10k miles each. The civic has a weird rattle up near the sunroof but that is pretty normal in my experience with sunroof equipped cars. Its not a luxury car, it will rattle, Its a $24k car that is a ton of fun to drive.

RobXsi

First Name
Nope
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nata
Country flag
Sounds like buyers remorse and the rattles are just an excuse. Why buy a sporty, fun to drive, reliable, economical, affordable car when you really want a boxy SUV? The Murano probably fits in better dropping the kiddos off at soccer practice.

See ya.

Couldnt agree more. OP definitely makes bad decisions.... takes a new SI to trade it in for the POLAR OPPOSITE.. too fishy if you ask me.

Now had he said, "I traded in my SI for a STI or WRX.... this would make atleast more sense...

But Civic to a Murano??? What a world we live in where the rich piss away money like candy.

Donuyen18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda s2000
Country flag
I have a motorcycle for that.
Then why did you take the SI on those roads then? *scratches head* also, considering that you went from a sports car to a SUV, it seems like you bought the wrong type of car in the 1st place. If you sold the SI and bought a WRX it would be a different story.

chandlervt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Subaru WRX
Country flag
I do believe OP had issues, I would be frustrated too if I had all of those issues. I drove the '18 Si and frankly, drove the same as my '12 - so don't understand the "lag" issue. The Ex-t definitely had the lag though. I can't understand the swap from Si to Murano. Also, everyone keeps talking about Lexus fit and finish. I have two - RX and NX. My NX has a weird rattle that no one can locate. I just learnt to live with it. Not going to get dealer to touch it unless its diagnosed. RX had a rattle in back seat from day one, but the dealer replaced the whole seat and it was fixed - super quiet since then. I also have 12 Si I bought used, no rattles - except from my stupid golf clubs. Bottom line : Any car can have rattles.

skshrews

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura 2005 TSX, Honda Civic Hatchback LX 6MT 2017
Country flag
Very happy with mine, shifts well. "Fit and finish" is excellent for price point. AC buzzes a little (?belt) from dashboard but that's it. 40 MPG+-. I bought the LX so not much there to "fail".

Best of all, with the manual, it's a hoot to drive as a daily driver. No regrets

garoto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 RYP S2K, 18 CW CTR
Country flag
I think the bad cloth is on the door, armrest and everywhere including Honda executives toilet paper.

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Polestar 2, 2010 Lexus IS 350 Sport
Country flag
I have a 2018 Si, bought in June. I have almost 7K on it, I drive it very hard, and I have driven it back and forth between Northern California and SoCal 4 times, no problems on the steep inclines, no rattles. Of course there is some turbo lag, but its not bad and when the turbo kicks in the car flies. It's not the quietest car, but I have to watch myself when driving on the freeway, many times I hit 90 without even knowing it. What I don't like? The gear shift makes a notchy sound when going into 2nd and 4th (and sometimes 6th), and the infotainment system sucks, the lack of AC fan control buttons and volume buttons suck. Other than that, for the price it is one the best cars on the market. Me thinks you got a lemon

OP
OP
Robotaz

Robotaz

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R
Country flag
I get it that the Civic is the ultimate fan boy car, and the forum would of course be the ultimate fan boy forum, but you guys are making comments that have nothing to do with what I'm saying.

I'm not talking about what I drove before or what I drive now. I'm talking about abysmal build quality and extreme disappointment.

Some have said that obviously it's buyer's remorse and I have no clue what I'm buying or talking about, so let me qualify my original post.

Here are the cars before college:

1979 Mercury Capri 5.0 (engine built by Winston Cup mechanic, 11 sec 1/4 mile)
1985 Volkswagen GTI
1992 Ford F150 (Drove until I finished college)
1992 Volkswagen GTI (Lowered, LSD, Neuspeed top and bottom, adjustable Tokico shocks/struts, short throw, tune, cam, soft composite racing tires, etc. etc.)
1994 Mazda MX-3 GT V6

Here are the cars I've owned since I got out of grad school in 2006:

2006 Ford F150 FX4
2008 Honda Civic Si Coupe
2009 Mazda5 GT (wife's car)
2009 Honda Accord Coupe EX-L V6 manual
2011 Honda Civic Si coupe
2013 Ford Mustang GT convertible (Grabber Blue)
2014 Honda Civic Si coupe (owned at same time as Mustang)
2015 Ford Mustang GT (Traded Civic on it)
2016 Nissan Murano Platinum (wife's car)
2017 Ford F-150 (owned same time as '15 Mustang)
2017.5 Nissan Murano S
2018 Honda Civic Si
2018 Nissan Murano S

Of all of these cars, the 2009 Honda Accord had by far the worst build quality for the money. After that, the Mercury Capri 5.0. After that, this 2018 Honda Civic Si.

I stand by my comments and I don't need anyone on a Civic forum telling me I'm wrong. This car was very poorly built and is NOTHING compared to the two 8th gen Civics I had. My '11 SI was one of the best cars I've ever owned. Acting like I don't know what I was buying because I happened to go back to a Murano is completely wrong. And it has nothing to do with what I'm saying.

That's fine if you have nothing to say about build quality of the car, but it's off topic and irrelevant to my OP.
Sponsored

Last edited: