Should I tune the SI with only 200 miles?

svizcarra

First Name
Sal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CivicX SI
Country flag
I am looking at the TSP 1 from Two Step, they have been great in getting me information on the product. I am just concerned about tuning such a new car. I don't generally drive hard at all but, the extra power is so enticing...
Sponsored

dantwan1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
It's your car, but I think every car's engine/transmission should be babied the first 1000 miles to ensure a proper break-in.

swah_fk7

Regamaster King
First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si Coupe, 2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I am looking at the TSP 1 from Two Step, they have been great in getting me information on the product. I am just concerned about tuning such a new car. I don't generally drive hard at all but, the extra power is so enticing...
I traded in my FBO 2017 Civic Hatch, I got my coupe and couldn't drive 50 miles without flashing her. I'm babying it the first 1000 miles as I used a dual tune map with the SPORT Mode activating +6 PSI. I can't lie and say i've been exclusively driving off of sport mode, but try to take it easy on the car for at least 600-1000 city miles before beating on it.

TypeSiR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1.5T Civic, Fit, MX-5, CTR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Granny the first 600 miles then flash away. Only 400 miles to go? Take her to Key West and back over the weekend and you’re golden. :)

swah_fk7

Regamaster King
First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si Coupe, 2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Granny the first 600 miles then flash away. Only 400 miles to go? Take her to Key West and back over the weekend and you’re golden. :)
Sounds like a good idea! Although, the drive totally sucks getting out of miami.

bbeem

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 si sedan, FZ1, CR450R, Shadow 750
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I would flash that tsp 1 tune day one to be honest. Too many good features not to. And just because it's flashed doesn't mean it will be any harder on the car unless YOU are harder on the car. The throttle padding, rev hang, smoothness, tunerview on the hu, many advantages even if you arnt running hard yet. You're going to get it anyway so might as well use some fun features even if you arn't beating it much yet.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
I waited about 10 months before I finally tuned my Civic. It wasn't that I wanted to fully break it in before tuning, I just was a little leary of its effect on longevity and warranty.

After a year and a half of being tuned, I can say it's the one performance mod that is a near must do.