Is anyone sticking to the recommended 600 mile break-in period?

jk147

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Opened her up for the first time at 1000 miles. Forgot I was in Econ mode but I doubt that made much of a difference at all.
It is quicker than expected for sure.

mno86

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
Opened her up for the first time at 1000 miles. Forgot I was in Econ mode but I doubt that made much of a difference at all.
It is quicker than expected for sure.
I haven't opened it up yet, but the times I've had to give it a little to get up to speed (I usually do low speeds with Eco off and in Sport- it's a bit sluggish otherwise); it felt like it had a lot of power. Can't wait to see how it goes.

timothyjay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Vehicle Showcase
I finally floored it when I hit over 1000 miles the other day on a long stretch of road. I was on S mode and decided to give it a go. I was pretty impressed with it, and eventually slowed down when I hit 90 (I know I know, dangerous - which is why I finally let off). It was definitely faster than I anticipated.

Last edited:

JNK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Sedan EX-T
I should hit the 600 miles this week and am excited to see what it can do. The one I test drove (not the same I bought, different color) opened up real nice merging on to one of the parkways here.

MRsm1th

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 civic ex 2012 Crc exl
Im sticking to the 600 mile break in, currently have 450 miles on it. The wait is tough but I don't want to mash on it now and have shit go wrong with my luck lol. I work at Honda Express so I'll most likely change the oil at 600 and open her up to see what I'm working with!
I was told they put a special oil for break in and its best to go over normal oil change limit at least 5000 miles. Maybe this is not true and thoughts.

hondamitch51

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring ; 2016 CRV Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I was told they put a special oil for break in and its best to go over normal oil change limit at least 5000 miles. Maybe this is not true and thoughts.
Yes, I finally hit 1000 miles this past weekend and now driving pretty much normally. I do believe in the break in period [yes, even though Honda recommends 600 miles]. I've broken in my last 5 Accords the same way and the cars always ran perfectly. My wife drives a CRV [her third] and we broke it in the same way.

jeff925

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring and 2014 Pilot Touring
Country flag
stop and go and around town i am getting 26-27. when i hit the highway, 42 is fairly easy to achieve. We are supposed to have a 75 degree day here in No Cal Tomorrow, curious to see what I get with the temps warming up.

Balto

Furfag
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 EX-T, 2000 Honda Insight
Vehicle Showcase
stop and go and around town i am getting 26-27. when i hit the highway, 42 is fairly easy to achieve. We are supposed to have a 75 degree day here in No Cal Tomorrow, curious to see what I get with the temps warming up.
Ouch, that low? I'm getting 35-40 around town and 45-50 on the highway. I guess it's all in driving techniques? Idk.

t3hub3rk1tten

Threads
Reaction score
Website
mwe.st
Vehicle(s)
Civic Touring MSM

MrBudha

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T
I didn't race the car but I drove it normally. Hard acceleration and all. Didn't really give it the old school "600 mile break in." have 2.5k on it and everything seems to be running great.

OLD_Detroiter

16CivicEX-T
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.fuelly.com
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T
Country flag
Interesting, I asked one of the dealers I talked with, no break in was mentioned. Well, back to that owner's manual. :)
Sponsored