Injen Releases Cold Air Intake for the Civic Type R!

sublimecat

Old guy who likes fast cars!
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Ford Ranger 4wd, 2008 Dodge Caliber SRT, 2012 Miata Grand Touring, 2015 Dodge Hellcat, 2018 Championship White CTR, 2020 Ram 2500 Limited Megacab
Country flag
Procivic just called, intakes are oversold. Advised there will be a little delay. Very nice of them to reach out. Thx
Sponsored

sublimecat

Old guy who likes fast cars!
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Ford Ranger 4wd, 2008 Dodge Caliber SRT, 2012 Miata Grand Touring, 2015 Dodge Hellcat, 2018 Championship White CTR, 2020 Ram 2500 Limited Megacab
Country flag
how was the install can you send a pic.

you think i can do it at home?
Installing a cold air intake is fairly simple and straightforward. If you have basic skills and tools you should be fine.

Raw 381

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1995 Integra w JDM ITR 98 spec, 2017 Civic Type R
Country flag
how was the install can you send a pic.

you think i can do it at home?
Piece of cake, didn’t take any pics during. Just need a good pair of dikes to cut off that tamper proof hose clamp for the vent line. Intake comes right out air box bolted down with just 2 10mm bolts. Can easily do the job in your garage, I did it in about 30-40 mins.

Raw 381

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1995 Integra w JDM ITR 98 spec, 2017 Civic Type R
Country flag
Looks great, but dang do you have two type R's?!
I wish!! That would be my dream. One Championship White and one Crystal Black Pearl... the CW is actually @R-01277 I installed it for him, still waiting for my laser black injen Intake...

tyebo5

Type R For Life!
First Name
Tye
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR ChampionshipWhite
Country flag
Hey all I just got a call from Pro customer care for the CTR Injen CAI. They said that these things are selling like hot cakes and that their literally making them as ordered. So if you just ordered one or plan to then you probably wont received it till around the end of January or the first week of February.

OP
OP
procivic

procivic

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.procivic.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan, Others
Country flag
Hey all I just got a call from Pro customer care for the CTR Injen CAI. They said that these things are selling like hot cakes and that their literally making them as ordered. So if you just ordered one or plan to then you probably wont received it till around the end of January or the first week of February.
Injen is doing their best at the moment to keep up. We can't keep any in stock here since they are all pre-sold. Things should hopefully improve shortly as Injen devotes more resources to making these. I apologize for any extra delays in getting this intake shipped out.

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, 2015 Acura RDX AWD Tech
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Please show me any proof that these intakes make your afr’s wacked out i would like to see that
Injen has been throwing fueling off up to 30% the other tenth gen models, at least that can be corrected for tuning.

Just as a side note: On our 9th Gen Civic Si race car, we ended up using the Injen intake because it was the only one out of the bunch we tested that did not require a tune just to get the AFRs correct. Similar experience with the 10th Gen EXT / Si. I can't speak for every Injen intake ever made, but the ones I've had experience with have been above average when it comes to AFRs.
Why do people continually post about how things worked on the last generation of this car? These engines are completely different than the 9th gen SIs. We have seen fueling be thrown off from 10% on base civics up to 30% on some Si's.

OP
OP
procivic

procivic

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.procivic.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan, Others
Country flag
Injen has been throwing fueling off up to 30% the other tenth gen models, at least that can be corrected for tuning.

Why do people continually post about how things worked on the last generation of this car? These engines are completely different than the 9th gen SIs. We have seen fueling be thrown off from 10% on base civics up to 30% on some Si's.
I was more just responding to the general statement that "all Injen intakes throw the AFRs out of whack." I'm surprised to hear that others have had AFR issues with the 10th. I'd love to see some dynos or datalogs to see if there are any patterns as to what RPMs the AFRs are off.

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, 2015 Acura RDX AWD Tech
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I was more just responding to the general statement that "all Injen intakes throw the AFRs out of whack." I'm surprised to hear that others have had AFR issues with the 10th. I'd love to see some dynos or datalogs to see if there are any patterns as to what RPMs the AFRs are off.
Here is a guy who looked at his logs on the injen intake, just one of example of more than a few ive seen mentioned here on civicX
Honda Civic 10th gen Injen Releases Cold Air Intake for the Civic Type R! upload_2018-1-24_9-17-48

KingsR1213

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8
Country flag
Different car, different motor, different results...
Sponsored