Interested to see info on this

Jmo19d

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R, 2013 Juke Nismo, 2000 Civic Si
I asked King Motorsports about it on Facebook and just like usual they ignored the question. I want Mugen parts but with them being the only authorized dealer and the fact it will most likely cost like $2k.... I am gonna take a hard pass on it. There is gonna be so many good options in the next year... this is gonna be for the ballers.

02SilverSiHB

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'm sorry, but their RC20GT Type R concept looks ridiculous, as does this intake. I surely hope they are funneling the air through some other area, if not, the temps will rise since they aren't utilizing the factory setup like mishimoto did.

I'm done with Mugen; the fact that concept looks ridiculous and this intake doesn't look like it will do any good.

Mugen has just become an overpriced "ricer" company imo.

CincyTypeR

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Type R #0426. 2014 Accord Coupe V6
Country flag
I'm sorry, but their RC20GT Type R concept looks ridiculous, as does this intake. I surely hope they are funneling the air through some other area, if not, the temps will rise since they aren't utilizing the factory setup like mishimoto did.

I'm done with Mugen; the fact that concept looks ridiculous and this intake doesn't look like it will do any good.

Mugen has just become an overpriced "ricer" company imo.
This intake is purely concept and wouldn't work on a production Type R. Looking at the photo the intake shape mimics the underside of the hood (see photo from mishimoto below). Therefore my assumption is it is grabbing air from outside just like factory setup or mishimoto and will keep temps down. Probably did this since the redesign they did on everything removed that seal between the intake and hood.

I am in agreement and do not like the concept they created. Luckily it is just a concept and will hear how poorly everyone thinks it is.

Honda Civic 10th gen Mugen Cold Air Intake 072617_nlt_ctr_intake_web_12-

iLovePho

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CW CTR #2060
Country flag
Interested in learning more, but if it's truly $2K for just an intake, hard pass as well. Looking forward to see what other options will be released (J's Racing, Spoon, hello?!)

CincyTypeR

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Interested in learning more, but if it's truly $2K for just an intake, hard pass as well. Looking forward to see what other options will be released (J's Racing, Spoon, hello?!)
It will be expensive whatever they end up releasing. My guess would be 800-900 since that is what the RSX and FN2 intake cost.

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag
I wouldn't be surprised. A mugen intake for a S2000 costs like $1600 and required to cut the oem hood lol.

iLovePho

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CW CTR #2060
Country flag
If $800-900, still expensive, but it's somewhat more accessible (vs $2000), that carbon fiber ain't cheap lol.

Hopefully someone here will be the guinea pig and dyno it for us.

02SilverSiHB

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
This intake is purely concept and wouldn't work on a production Type R. Looking at the photo the intake shape mimics the underside of the hood (see photo from mishimoto below). Therefore my assumption is it is grabbing air from outside just like factory setup or mishimoto and will keep temps down. Probably did this since the redesign they did on everything removed that seal between the intake and hood.

I am in agreement and do not like the concept they created. Luckily it is just a concept and will hear how poorly everyone thinks it is.

072617_nlt_ctr_intake_web_12-jpg.jpg
How can it grab air like the factory...if it's completely closed up?

Honda Civic 10th gen Mugen Cold Air Intake upload_2018-1-14_19-19-46-

CincyTypeR

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
How can it grab air like the factory...if it's completely closed up?
Why do you think it is completely closed up? As I mentioned the top of the Mugen intake is in the shape of the hood, which this replaces that rubber seal that is used between the stock intake and hood. If you compare the photos below, the Mugen intake is grabbing air from where that red arrow starts. Same as stock and same as mishimoto.

Honda Civic 10th gen Mugen Cold Air Intake 081117_nlt_ctr_intake_web_1-

Honda Civic 10th gen Mugen Cold Air Intake 121217_NLT_CTR_Intake_WEB_2

Honda Civic 10th gen Mugen Cold Air Intake upload_2018-1-14_19-19-46-png-

02SilverSiHB

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Why do you think it is completely closed up? As I mentioned the top of the Mugen intake is in the shape of the hood, which this replaces that rubber seal. If you compare the photos below, the Mugen intake is grabbing air from where that red arrow starts. Same as stock and same as mishimoto.

081117_nlt_ctr_intake_web_1-jpg.jpg

121217_NLT_CTR_Intake_WEB_2.jpg

upload_2018-1-14_19-19-46-png-png.png
you must be seeing something I don't. The mugen one is completely closed up...the factory and mishimoto are open, where they grab the air as designed by the factory.

Again, look at the mugen one, it's closed completely...as if the airbox is getting air from below or something...not like the factory or mishimoto.

Unless, I'm blind...I don't see how the mugen is like the factory...it's completely sealed up and just covering the intake underneath

CincyTypeR

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
you must be seeing something I don't. The mugen one is completely closed up...the factory and mishimoto are open, where they grab the air as designed by the factory.

Again, look at the mugen one, it's closed completely...as if the airbox is getting air from below or something...not like the factory or mishimoto.

Unless, I'm blind...I don't see how the mugen is like the factory...it's completely sealed up and just covering the intake underneath
Not sure how else to explain it. Can someone else assist?

If you close the hood of your car the stock intake is completely sealed just like the mugen.

02SilverSiHB

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Not sure how else to explain it. Can someone else assist?

If you close the hood of your car the stock intake is completely sealed just like the mugen.
I wasn't seeing how the air was coming in. Now I see it. I thought with the mugen one it was just cutting off that flow of intake sucking in air. So it seems that's just a carbon fiber cover and that's it...I wonder how much they'll charge for just that.
Sponsored