Injen Releases Cold Air Intake for the Civic Type R!

procivic

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.procivic.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan, Others
Country flag
Injen just released a Cold Air Intake for the 2017+ Honda Civic Type R. It looks pretty good. The filter is positioned to take advantage of air coming in from the factory ram air scoop. We have not installed or dyno'd this intake yet. Injen's dyno results seem high, but I'll wait for independent results before making final judgement. Based on actual dyno results from the 1.5T motor, I would probably say real world gains for this intake are around 10-12 hp or so, but I'm just guessing.

Available in Polished, Black, and Wrinkle Red.

Here's the link for more info and to purchase: https://www.procivic.com/p/ym/2017/c...html?ctid=3407

And some pics of course:

Honda Civic 10th gen Injen Releases Cold Air Intake for the Civic Type R! 44842_303___sp1582wr-20installed-

Honda Civic 10th gen Injen Releases Cold Air Intake for the Civic Type R! 44842_303___sp1582wr-

Honda Civic 10th gen Injen Releases Cold Air Intake for the Civic Type R! 44840_303___sp1582p-

Honda Civic 10th gen Injen Releases Cold Air Intake for the Civic Type R! 44841_303___sp1582blk-

Honda Civic 10th gen Injen Releases Cold Air Intake for the Civic Type R! 44841_303___sp1582-20dyno-

Brapdon

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CW TYPE R
Country flag
Interested to see how this stacks up against mishimoto. They provided a ton of details on the R&D on their intake. Anywhere we can find similar info on the Injen intake?

J35W2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'00 supercharged Civic Si (sold), '06 Civic Si (sold) , '14 V6-6MT Accord Coupe (sold), '17 CTR #1637, '18 Civic LX Hatch
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Any sounds clips? Curious how it sounds...
Good looking numbers.

OP
OP
procivic

procivic

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.procivic.com
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Interested to see how this stacks up against mishimoto. They provided a ton of details on the R&D on their intake. Anywhere we can find similar info on the Injen intake?
Injen didn't release a blog or media for the R&D on this intake as far as I know. The main difference between these two intakes seems to be that Mishimoto's utilizes an airbox while the Injen does not. Due to this, the Injen intake will almost certainly produce a louder sound and allow you to hear the turbo more, but will its filter position cause air intake temps to rise once heat builds up in the engine bay? I'm not sure. The filter is located lower than a typical short ram would be, and also takes advantage of cool air coming in from the factory ram air scoop, but it is not fully sealed like the Mishimoto intake. Another thing to consider it total restriction to flow - this would need to be tested. The Injen intake in theory might offer less restriction since it does not have to pull all its air through the factory scoop.

Last edited:
OP
OP
procivic

procivic

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.procivic.com
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Any sounds clips? Curious how it sounds...
Good looking numbers.
No sound clips yet, but they did release a couple videos for the 1.5T intake, so I'm hoping they'll do the same for the Type R soon.

tuxmonkey

R-00330
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Type R #330, '17 Jeep GC Overland
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Agreed. Mishimoto showed in their research why they went housed. They ran housed vs unhoused on the track to compare temps which is great science. Mishimoto also showed they didn't have any MAF sensor issues after a few thousand miles of driving. Let the research and data speak for itself. I personally prefer to sacrifice some HP gains if it means having a solid quality product.

**In no way am I discrediting Injen's intake. Mishi just happened to tell a complete story.

MonkeyBoost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Type R #680 CW, 2011 Mazdaspeed 3
Country flag
Pretty and i'm sure it sounds great! But holy heat soak Batman!

These were great back in the day on Si's,RSX's (had an ingen), and S2000...but with our K20c1 there is just too much heat in that engine bay with the turbo for a semi-open design like this. I could possibly see going this route if you got a much bigger intercooler if you really wanted the extra sound/looks that bad. I have my money on Mishimoto atm. ;)

EricDET

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Type R
I'm not a huge fan of it not having a box. It does look to have a partition though.

Just from personal experience and the scene as a whole. Everyone jumping on the Mishimoto bandwagon.... I've been on multiple platforms that Mishimoto has made parts for and they always seem to end up at the bottom of the list in terms of quality and fitment. They have the same engineering/design fitment blog posts on Intercoolers, Intakes, etc for the DIT WRX. You can't give away these parts in the classifieds. Always first to market is their niche.

Brapdon

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CW TYPE R
Country flag
Pretty and i'm sure it sounds great! But holy heat soak Batman!

These were great back in the day on Si's,RSX's (had an ingen), and S2000...but with our K20c1 there is just too much heat in that engine bay with the turbo for a semi-open design like this. I could possibly see going this route if you got a much bigger intercooler if you really wanted the extra sound/looks that bad. I have my money on Mishimoto atm. ;)
I also ran an injen cai on my rsx and it was great. It went all the way down to the ground though.

I love the looks of this wrinkle red intake but all of the info released on the mishimoto says a lot.

tuxmonkey

R-00330
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'm not a huge fan of it not having a box. It does look to have a partition though.

Just from personal experience and the scene as a whole. Everyone jumping on the Mishimoto bandwagon.... I've been on multiple platforms that Mishimoto has made parts for and they always seem to end up at the bottom of the list in terms of quality and fitment. They have the same engineering/design fitment blog posts on Intercoolers, Intakes, etc for the DIT WRX. You can't give away these parts in the classifieds. Always first to market is their niche.
Nothing wrong with being first to market, especially when you can back it up with copious amounts of data from R&D. Regarding the intake, what's historically been the issue? What makes an intake from Company A better than Company B when compared to other car parts an intake isn't an engineering feat by any means. Is it quality of the materials? Where the intake is placed? I'm genuinely interested.

EricDET

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Type R
Nothing wrong with being first to market, especially when you can back it up with copious amounts of data from R&D. Regarding the intake, what's historically been the issue? What makes an intake from Company A better than Company B when compared to other car parts an intake isn't an engineering feat by any means. Is it quality of the materials? Where the intake is placed? I'm genuinely interested.
Inconsistent MAF scaling.

Like I mentioned above... There's copious amounts of data in all the other posts as well. That doesn't mean it's necessarily good data. Read through the WRX TMIC blog posts, you'd think it's the greatest thing since sliced bread. Once out in the market it proved to not be any better than the stocker.

I'm not saying this will be a bad product by any means. But until we see real world, in 3rd party hand tests and commanded AFR's/scaling, I won't be in the market.

Last edited:

tuxmonkey

R-00330
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Inconsistent MAF scaling.

Like I mentioned above... There's copious amounts of data in all the other posts as well. That doesn't mean it's necessarily good data. Read through the WRX TMIC blog posts, you'd think it's the greatest thing since sliced bread. Once out in the market it proved to not be any better than the stocker.

I'm not saying this will be a bad product by any means. But until we see real world, in 3rd party hand tests and commanded AFR's/scaling, I won't be in the market.
I mean Honda designed the car the way it is for a reason too. You can make any car under the sun faster with aftermarket parts, but it doesn't mean it'll last. Honda has to balance both. I am just saying that I impressed with all of the testing they did perform before releasing it. I'm following plenty of people who will probably get their hands on it before me so we shall see what they think.... but a few hundred dollars also isn't a deal breaker to try it out, especially for an intake.... really easy to put the OEM back in if needed.

wassen

First Name
Philip
Threads
Reaction score
Website
200sx.kicks-ass.net
Vehicle(s)
CTR 2017, Volvo V70
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Looks really nice. Like the red wrinkled version, looking forward to vids on this one.

lhonda200

First Name
Levi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R, 1995 Integra Gsr, 2004 Jeep Liberty
Country flag
Are these currently available or pre order?

OP
OP
procivic

procivic

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.procivic.com
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Are these currently available or pre order?
They are actually ready to order and will ship directly from Injen if you place your order right now through us. The Wrinkle Red and Black will take about 3 days to ship, and the Polished about 1 day. Once we have our stocking order late next week those delays should be gone (assuming we don't sell out right away).
Sponsored