Hows everyone modding their cars during Covid?

ladysi

First Name
Andrea
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic si black sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Stoned part for sure lol

I don’t think office jobs will go back until there is a vaccine. Most companies don’t want to be held liable for their employees getting sick at the office.
Here's hoping they realize they are saving money with me working from home and desk jobs become remote for good.
Sponsored

Memogiyi

First Name
Guillermo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
Here's hoping they realize they are saving money with me working from home and desk jobs become remote for good.
Here here! I hope the same but idk.. my company already has a lease one a property that idk if they’d be willing to give up. In all the HR meetings we’ve had that’s the #1 question employees have asked.. can we stay working from home? But it’s always a no.

3peatDaDa271022

First Name
Riley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hey all, im curious how everyone is doing with all this covid stuff going around. Personally im really tight on money due to my job cutting hours, i can barely pay the bills. But my itch to continue modding my car is realer than ever. Hows everyone funding their mods during these times?
I've recently made somewhat of a big purchase in the past month. So far I've bought the PRL cobra intake, PRL intercooler kit, PRL DP/FP and an ARK performance DT-S exhaust. My hondata flashpro is still on back order though.

HondaNurse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si, 2019 Subaru Ascent Touring
Country flag
I have been fortunate to be able to work as Registered Nurse during this pandemic. I even contracted COVID back in April from a patient I was responsible for too. Since recovering from
COVID, my whole perspective of life changed and I realized that we all have to take advantage of the time we have in this world and do things that you find worthwhile. So I went to town when it came to modding my previously bone stock SI prior to this pandemic. Since then I’ve installed these mods:

- Tein Flex Z Coilovers
- KTuner V1.2
- SPC rear camber arms
- Acuity Stage 2 Short Shift Kit
- Acuity Poco Shift Knob (Red)
- Buddy Club Leather Steering Wheel
- Powder Coat polish Black Factory wheels
- Red Type R Badges (Front and Rear)

So the pandemic got me more involved with my car and in life in general. Since then I’ve bought my own lawnmower, trimmer/edger, leaf blower to do my own lawn work and mechanics tools (Impact Wrench, Torque wrench etc) which I used to install the Tein Flex Z myself, which I have never did in the past. I’d say it was all worth it...

Last edited:
OP
OP
@thatblu_si

@thatblu_si

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Aegean Blue 2019 Honda Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
The Invidia sounds good too, definitely was considering it also.

I'm really leaning towards the shifter for now and then doing exhaust whenever I do the dp/fp. Did a similar high-end shifter on my previous car (e46 BMW) and loved it. I think improving the driver interface now will really make future performance mods pay off.
Sounds like you got yourself a road map for a very pleasant daily driver lol i definitely want to start doing some drivability mods soon also. First for me will definitely be the acuity short shifter assembly

OP
OP
@thatblu_si

@thatblu_si

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Aegean Blue 2019 Honda Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Seriously, I think I am saving like $1.5k+ a month by not commuting, not eating at the corporate office, etc. Also, I estimate I have an additional 2.5 hours every day to use for projects, cleaning, being stoned/drunk, etc. I really hope I stay working from home once the pandemic passes.
I wish i could say the same lol but ive actually been spending more and getting paid less ? and with this second job on the way im going to have even less time to myself haha

skorj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic SI sedan
Country flag
Sounds like you got yourself a road map for a very pleasant daily driver lol i definitely want to start doing some drivability mods soon also. First for me will definitely be the acuity short shifter assembly
My Acuity pedal relocation kit is on its way, now I'm just trying to get myself to actually pull the trigger on the Acuity shifter. And not have my wife kill me...

Definitely sticking with a nearly stock setup for my daily, at least until the warranty is up. I'd love to go with a full coilover setup and full exhaust and tune but I just don't get track time like I used to. Figure driver feedback mods are the best mid-ground to tide me over.

Last edited:

A2typeR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si sedan (TSP stage 1) 2016 Mazda Miata Club (Brembo BBS pack)
Country flag
I’m waiting for my second stimulus check,

then I will put food in the trunk...

thejdoner

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
I did the R&D Thermal Cat-Back, AFE Drop in Filter, Cusco Strut Tower Brace, Mugen Shift Knob with Custom Red Leather Boot, Red Honda Emblems, and Hybrid Racing Boot Collar and Cable Bushings etc.

At the moment I am done lol. Its my daily drive and I plan to keep her for a long time.

The car is quick enough and handles great:)
Any chance you have a sound clip of the Thermal? Its what I want to go with do to the fact that the exhaust and front pipe are one piece, but I havent heard enough to make a decision :(

reesee175

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic sport
Country flag
Hey all, im curious how everyone is doing with all this covid stuff going around. Personally im really tight on money due to my job cutting hours, i can barely pay the bills. But my itch to continue modding my car is realer than ever. Hows everyone funding their mods during these times?
I'm store manager in grocery retail, so you can image how I have been working over the last. Honestly, I only have a few mods and prefer to leave the car alone. I don't want any unexpected surprises, plus working 60 plus hours a week I don't really have time to drive that much.

Ron R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic SI Sedan
Country flag
Any chance you have a sound clip of the Thermal? Its what I want to go with do to the fact that the exhaust and front pipe are one piece, but I havent heard enough to make a decision :(
No sound clips, but if you go to R&D Thermal website, they have the videos. There is also comparison between theirs and stock. To be honest I like the tip of the factory exhaust and love the Thermal.

thejdoner

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
No sound clips, but if you go to R&D Thermal website, they have the videos. There is also comparison between theirs and stock. To be honest I like the tip of the factory exhaust and love the Thermal.
Would you say the sound is accurate based on that video? their audio is slightly altered that's why I'm a little iffy about it. If thats how it sounds, then I'm 100% in!

Ron R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic SI Sedan
Country flag
Would you say the sound is accurate based on that video? their audio is slightly altered that's why I'm a little iffy about it. If thats how it sounds, then I'm 100% in!
The sound is the same on their website. It is nice and deep for a 4 cylinder and the build quality is awesome. Had a Magnaflow Cat-Back and replaced it with the Thermal. It is one of my favorite mods.

snwmble

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
83 Porsche 911, 90 BMW 325iX, 21 Civic Hatch Sport
Country flag
Fortunately my wife & I are still working (remotely). That has saved ourselves a ton on commuting expenses (almost $1K/month combined)....so house mods & car mods have actually grown.

Still preparing for the unexpected though....
Sponsored