Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si, 2006 Saab 9-3 Aero
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Alot of members have alot of money wrapped up in their Si, including myself. How do you fund your build? Work (occupation) won the lottery, parents credit cards? Judge free zone to each their own.

My job funds my builds. My occupation - industrial maintenance manager.
Sponsored

Phillyp17

First Name
Phill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Country flag
What I do is on every paycheck I put aside $70 on my car account.Once I reach the amount of the mod I take it out.
I do the same thing. My wife and I separate $100 a month each to buy whatever we want with no judgement. I save $100 every month until I get the part/mod I want.

Jimmyjambo_fk8

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
Alot of members have alot of money wrapped up in their Si, including myself. How do you fund your build? Work (occupation) won the lottery, parents credit cards? Judge free zone to each their own.

My job funds my builds. My occupation - industrial maintenance manager.
I sell hot dogs. Not kidding either. I have a small cafe and hot dog cart business. I quit my corporate job a few years back, started my own business.

Siiick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 GT500, 20 Bolt EV, 19 Z06
Country flag
Computers. I grew up poor as a child and wanted so many things but never got them. When I finally graduated, the first thing I did was get a job doing computer tech support over the phone because I loved playing on the computer. That evolved into systems administration and now I design call center systems. Life is good.

OP
OP
Sport-injected

Sport-injected

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Computers. I grew up poor as a child and wanted so many things but never got them. When I finally graduated, the first thing I did was get a job doing computer tech support over the phone because I loved playing on the computer. That evolved into systems administration and now I design call center systems. Life is good.
I started as a maintenance mechanic, was promoted to supervisor then assistance maintenance manager and recently was promoted to maintenance manager. My company I work for is very good to me, who knew wrenching on lawnmowers as a kid then cars as a teen would have gotten me a great career a bit later in life. Of course great work ethic and being good at what I do has helped along the way.

SHAYN3R

First Name
SHAYNE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Country flag
I started as a maintenance mechanic, was promoted to supervisor then assistance maintenance manager and recently was promoted to maintenance manager. My company I work for is very good to me, who knew wrenching on lawnmowers as a kid then cars as a teen would have gotten me a great career a bit later in life. Of course great work ethic and being good at what I do has helped along the way.
I’m an Industrial Mechanic (Millwright) also! Very lucrative career right now in Canada. Huge demand and nobody wants to do it anymore. Wages are up to $45/hr with some companies. That’s how I fund my build. With a huge demand and unlimited hours, it’s a good time to be in the trades over here.

OP
OP
Sport-injected

Sport-injected

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
I’m an Industrial Mechanic (Millwright) also! Very lucrative career right now in Canada. Huge demand and nobody wants to do it anymore. Wages are up to $45/hr with some companies. That’s how I fund my build. With a huge demand and unlimited hours, it’s a good time to be in the trades over here.
Industrial mechanics are hard to come by now adays, I struggle trying to find good dependable mechanics. It's a dying trade.

SHAYN3R

First Name
SHAYNE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Country flag
Industrial mechanics are hard to come by now adays, I struggle trying to find good dependable mechanics. It's a dying trade.
Definitely a dying trade but a necessary one. Mechanics and electricians are ALWAYS going to be needed in the industrial sector.

OP
OP
Sport-injected

Sport-injected

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Definitely a dying trade but a necessary one. Mechanics and electricians are ALWAYS going to be needed in the industrial sector.
Yes for sure.

RehabJP

First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.stoneautotech.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Two way to fund a build. Be rich or work and save and work and spend your paycheck on parts to make your car go faster.

TBH if I was rich like I had cash I could just do whatever with I would not go out and buy a hyper car I would want to get me a stock model (Si or CTR or whatever) and then spec it out with what ever parts I could install with my own two hands. I have always wanted a project car but I do not want one that I get and it sits undrivable while I wait to get the money to put it together.

RehabJP

First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.stoneautotech.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
That is very cool. I am a general auto mechanic but my uncle ran a Machine Shop for many years recently retired. It is a dying art a lot of the old machine shops are closing. Its just easier to buy a new motor or pull on out of a junkier than to rebuild most of the time now and except for specialty jobs its not often you take an engine apart, take it to a machinist to have it rebuilt. Its sad the ASE has even stopped offering certifications for Automotive Machinists.