PWinter

First Name
Philip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic si sedan
Country flag
With the weather changes you've been having and the occurrence when "low on fuel", it could very well be water in the gas. Was the station "sketchy" or a normal/high volume place? Unless you're at 90-100+ k-miles, I'd fill 'er up and drive through another tank of gas before worrying too much.
No normal high volume station. I'll give that a shot. I'll probably still do the plugs just to address it. But I flashed back to stock for now. I miss the boost
Sponsored

James3spearchucker

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
No normal high volume station. I'll give that a shot. I'll probably still do the plugs just to address it. But I flashed back to stock for now. I miss the boost
See how the factory tune does. When I drive at 7-9k elevation, my 1.5T with 10.6:1 compression loves it because they are high compression motors and high elevation makes it so the pistons feel like it is easier to compress, but the turbo can spin so easily and over-boost, which I do not understand that much. Why don't you have someone on front range dyno tune your car and explore its fuel trims, wastegate, coil, spark, etc? Canned tunes are never as good as custom to your car when there is any modifications especially on intake side.

OP
OP

PWinter

First Name
Philip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic si sedan
Country flag
See how the factory tune does. When I drive at 7-9k elevation, my 1.5T with 10.6:1 compression loves it because they are high compression motors and high elevation makes it so the pistons feel like it is easier to compress, but the turbo can spin so easily and over-boost, which I do not understand that much. Why don't you have someone on front range dyno tune your car and explore its fuel trims, wastegate, coil, spark, etc? Canned tunes are never as good as custom to your car when there is any modifications especially on intake side.
I agree, but my concern is though the tune may not be as good. My car was running just fine and within acceptable/safe numbers and then just one day started acting up. I want to address what's causing it before doing anything custom. Even on the stock tune if I accelerate and hit even 8-9psi my k-con shoots up to 1.03

James3spearchucker

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
I agree, but my concern is though the tune may not be as good. My car was running just fine and within acceptable/safe numbers and then just one day started acting up. I want to address what's causing it before doing anything custom. Even on the stock tune if I accelerate and hit even 8-9psi my k-con shoots up to 1.03
I hear you. Well it needs something fixed. Maybe time for dealer to do diagnostics on it? What mods are on it?

OP
OP

PWinter

First Name
Philip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic si sedan
Country flag
I hear you. Well it needs something fixed. Maybe time for dealer to do diagnostics on it? What mods are on it?
Just a prl cobra street intake and boomba recirculating valve. I even went through and made sure everything was tight and don't seem to have a vacuum leak or anything.

ValkenDnB

First Name
Luis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Country flag
Just a prl cobra street intake and boomba recirculating valve. I even went through and made sure everything was tight and don't seem to have a vacuum leak or anything.
Reading a thread some people said that the boomba BOV will make the car run rich

Honda Civic 10th gen Stutter during acceleration 96E1483A-C57D-4D0F-93F7-04F39C1DE55A
Sponsored