How many of you have almost no issues with your Civic?

gwaps

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pontiac vibe
What I dont understand is if you have so many problems with the car just trade it in and be done with it. Im not going to be spending every day if my life on a civic forum complaining. Take the loss and be done. The people who are complaining either have no problems and just looking for attention...
I agree some here nit pick too much but their are legitimate concerns that are important. Yes, trading in the car is an option even if you lose money in the deal.
Sponsored

inv4zn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Touring
Country flag
I agree some here nit pick too much but their are legitimate concerns that are important. Yes, trading in the car is an option even if you lose money in the deal.
Problem is the vocal morons with illegitimate issues are clouding up the pool making it harder for people who actually want to help people with real issues. You have enough idiots complaining about stupid things and you start assuming that regular Joe with an actual issue is also an idiot.

Unfortunately this is how it is in real life as well.

gwaps

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pontiac vibe
Problem is the vocal morons with illegitimate issues are clouding up the pool making it harder for people who actually want to help people with real issues. You have enough idiots complaining about stupid things and you start assuming that regular Joe with an actual issue is also an idiot.

Unfortunately this is how it is in real life as well.
Yes, this forum does have all types for sure. You just have to realise some complain about intermittent wiper speeds and others , (like me) , are concerned with bigger issues such as a blacked out touch info system ,:doh: reliable engine and trans.

Scoby151

Scoby151
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
I have a deposit for a Touring the dealer is getting soon...but I swear I keep seeing horror stories about how much stuff is going wrong with them, particularly around the head unit and it's scaring me off and really making me consider trying to get my deposit back and waiting however many months until I can find a 2017 Touring trim for more expensive and with the hopes that these issues will be somewhat fixed (which could potentially be a big maybe, no?). Flickering screen, back up camera freezing, etc. But I also realize there's a high possibility that the only people you hear from are the ones that have problems.

How many of you have positive experiences with the car after owning it for longer than a few weeks, particularly with Touring trim overall and/or the head unit (particularly with Android Auto)?
Awesome car except correct the POS infotainment. 2 months in the shop for navigation issues. They replaces EVERY component in the dash to fix and scratched my touch screen. Now it's going back for other issues...

biker750guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Coupe LX
Country flag
I have a deposit for a Touring the dealer is getting soon...but I swear I keep seeing horror stories about how much stuff is going wrong with them, particularly around the head unit and it's scaring me off and really making me consider trying to get my deposit back and waiting however many months until I can find a 2017 Touring trim for more expensive and with the hopes that these issues will be somewhat fixed (which could potentially be a big maybe, no?). Flickering screen, back up camera freezing, etc. But I also realize there's a high possibility that the only people you hear from are the ones that have problems.

How many of you have positive experiences with the car after owning it for longer than a few weeks, particularly with Touring trim overall and/or the head unit (particularly with Android Auto)?
I have a Canadian LX Coupe with the mid $ audio, 7" screen with Android Auto etc. I have driven everything from MG Bs to Muscle Cars to Grand marquis including my 1st car which was an Austin 1800; the first large FWD, Transverse engine car and this is by far the best car I have ever owned, all things considered. CR is generally not a Honda fan and the obnoxious snarky jerk who did the road test almost caused me to not renew my subscription. Even he had a few good things to say but stated the car was not as nice handling as a Mazda 3, Ford Focus, VW etc. Well; I went through the evasive maneuver rating on CR and the Civic with the low performance tires did it faster than the above 3 cars. It also was faster than the BMW 3 and the Audi and Mercedes which come with better tires. Faster than the Mini Cooper S and the Fiat Abarth and even the BMW Z4 pure sports car. These were CU road tests but snarky favored lesser handling vehicles. As to the high end radio; many vehicles including 6 figure ones have horror radios. I paired my BLU cell phone with the sales person sitting in the car in a minute without reading the instructions and the only radio problem I have is the touch screen does not work with driving gloves so I bought some conductive fingertips. I like my parking/emergency brake the way it is and will not be doing the recall and I checked the diagrams at the dealer and YES, the emergency brake is independent of the hydraulic system so you do have a real emergency brake in the rare instance of total hydraulic failure. Of course, that means I can't do a rear brake job but I think the safety factor exceeds that. The car has very little torque steer when I boot my manual at low speed and I changed my tires to Michelin Pilot Sport 3 all seasons as I drive spring and fall in Canada. CR downgraded the car to not recommended because of the "radio"??; I may not renew yet and I get my tire checks from Tire Rack and confirm with CR. My only knocks are the intermittent wipers only have 1 speed and the BU Camera gets dirty, a wipe with a tissue looks after that. I do not have and do not want "sensing" as I prefer to actually "drive". Rear wheel drive cars can be more fun because you can induce "oversteer" which 99% of drivers don't know what it is and would be terrified if they ever got into it and mid engine cars are even more fun but $$$. If you are on CR, check out the road test video of the Porsche Boxter; that guy can drive and he is having FUN! If you can't stand the radio; buy one without it; the car is super.

hunter44102

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Civic Hybrid, 2016 Civic Touring
Country flag
2016 Touring from Dec 2015, 15k miles. No big issues at all. One time the touch screen wouldnt turn on , battery reset fixed it. I drive the car a lot and very happy.

anicolle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EXT
Ex-T owner since March 2016, 12k miles. Very few and minor issues. Nothing mechanical at all. Issue with the infotainment system a few times but hopefully the last update they did fixed it. Love the car!

Rawnerve1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 crv
Country flag
I just got 35 MPG in the city. I will enjoy my sub rattle all the way to 400 plus MPG in a single tank.

jcoil

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Got my Touring in June 2016 & it's been pure perfection except for the recent parking brake recall I got fixed last Friday! I'm in Civic Heaven

CosmicSilver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-L
Had the turbo surge issue but got the software update and smooth sailing ever since. No other issues (yet) :beer:

we4tech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 2016 EX-T
Mine one hit 7 months, as I use it during weekends only, I couldn't pass more than 2K miles yet. However, so far I haven't had any issue, car is super smooth and good. I love my turbo charged 1500cc engine, as it gives you quite a thrill.

David Harper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic coupe
Country flag
I think I know the answer for those who are bothered by negative comments on the civic; stop reading those threads. And don't read CR or J D Powers
My LX MT coupe, which is six mos old, has performed absolutely perfectly. The best car I've ever had. Not the fastest,not the most expensive,but the best in terms of build quality and driving quality. Perfect suspension tuning. Perfect structural rigidity. Perfect steering response. The 2.0 IVTEC engine is amazing. Smooth, powerful, and loves to rev. And the cabin is eerily quiet at sixty MPH. I can't wait to get better tires.

Last edited:

mc1200s

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 ext
Country flag
I have absolutely no problems with my 16 ext although I only have 3000 miles. But that's 3000 miles in the past month so I have been driving a lot. It's a breath of fresh air coming from my 6 speed Accord sport. I have two minor annoyances but have already taken care of one and will soon take care of the other.
I'm a bit of a OCD freak and this being admitted I can't truly say I have zero rattles or squeaks. My car was built in August.

My two annoyances are as follows:
1) the gloss black around the shifter showing too many swirl marks. I used cotton balls and novus number two along with a lot of rubbing to remove them. Now this is no longer a bother bc they're so easy to remove.
2) the soft plastic covering the gauges. It scratches too easy. I use top of the line microfiber borderless towels that cost $25/3-pack from zaino and the lens still mars up easily. Remember, I'm OCD but the peace of mind replacement is well worth my happiness. My modern steel metallic really hides swirl marks well and I have seat covers over my cloth seats new and I am absolutely loving my Ext!

I'll gladly spend $17 a year for a brand new lens assembly. Keeping my baby factory mint and fresh. If a rattle occurs, I'll knock it out with some double sided foam tape.

I love this ext! For the $20,200, I'm convinced I couldn't have gotten anything as satisfying to drive other than another 16 Accord sport which would have been my 3rd.

I love this car!

Oh, i order two lens assemblies at a time too bc shipping is high and it cost the same to ship to as it does to ship one. And it takes just 10 minutes to swap it out! Just a tip for my fellow detail freaks out there! I did this all the time with my last Honda Fit. The plastic lens assembly on the current gen accord is 10x more "hard" and scratch resistant that our civics.

Honda Civic 10th gen How many of you have almost no issues with your Civic? IMG_7289.PNG

Last edited:

mc1200s

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 ext
Country flag
I have absolutely no problems with my 16 ext although I only have 3000 miles. But that's 3000 miles in the past month so I have been driving a lot. It's a breath of fresh air coming from my
6 speed Accord sport. I have two minor annoyances but have already taken care of one and will soon take care of the other.

I'm a bit of a OCD freak and this being admitted I can't truly say I have zero rattled or squeaks. My car was built in October.

My two annoyances are as follows:
1) the gloss black around the shifter showing too many swirl marks. I used cotton balls and novus number two along with a lot of running to remove them. Now this is no longer a bother bc they're so easy to remove.
2) the soft plastic covering the gauges. It scratches too easy. I use too of the line microfiber borderless towels that cost $25/3-pack from zaino and itnstill mars up pretty good. Easily fixed soon. Remember, I'm OVD but the peace of mind replacement is well worth my happiness. My modern steel
Metallic really hides swirl marks well and I have seat covers over my cloth seats and am absolutely loving my
Ext!

I'll gladly spend $17 a year for a brand new lens assembly. Keeping my baby factory mint and fresh. If a rattle occurs, I'll knock it out with some double sided foam tape.

I love this ext! For the $20,200, I'm convinced I couldn't have gotten anything as satisfying to drive other than another 16 Accord sport which would have been my 3rd.

I love this car!

Oh, i order two lens assemblies at a time too bc shipping is high and it cost the same to ship to as it does to ship one. And it takes just 10 minutes to swap it out! Just a tip for my fellow detail freaks out there! I did this all the time with my last Honda Fit. The plastic lens assembly on the current gen accord is 10x more "hard" and scratch resistant that our civics.

IMG_7289.PNG
Also installed a screen protector for my touch screen

Honda Civic 10th gen How many of you have almost no issues with your Civic? IMG_7290.PNG

kered424

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX w/ Honda Sensing
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I got my EX with sensing in Dec 2015. Has 16k miles on it now. Not a single issue. Engine recall earlier in the year didn't show mis-seated piston ring. No infotainment issues. No panel misalignment issues. I seriously love everything about this car - the look, the interior, the technology, the way it drives, etc. My dad drives an Acura TLX, and to be honest, I like my Civic more than his TLX.

I'm always reading about other ppl having issues with their cars on this forum, and I'm just sitting here wondering if they're just being super nit-picky or I just got lucky with my car. Either that, or it's the bias that only people with issues speak up, and people like me with a perfectly fine car don't say anything.
Sponsored