VividDreams17

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
New Britain Connecticut United States Of America
Vehicle(s)
2016 honda civic coupe EX-T
A tune, a CAI, a bigger rear sway bar, lightweight wheels and good tires would be a nice little setup until you're ready for your dream project.
Not sure if these are good but the wheels im running are the Traklite WTLTOR783 with milestar ms932s on them. I got them on facebook for $500 with good tread still on them. I was in a little bit of a rush to get them because I wanted summer tires because I didn't like how my car looked with snow tires and steelie's on. I haven't gotten to much in depth with the best tires and best wheel brands to get into yet. I do want to get a set of type r civic wheels or the integra type s wheels I like how the 10 spoke y wheels look.
Sponsored

chmst

First Name
Mikey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 honda civic EX-L 6mt Si swapped from CVT
Country flag
I'll never understand why people on civicx are SO concerned about what others do with their time and money into THEIR car.

If you wanna do, do it. The only way to learn is to do. With all the resources available at our fingertips; anything is possible. Time is your only enemy, and being that this would definitely be a huge project. But, this won't be something you need to drive to work and won't need it done on a deadline.

I would also realistically expect to spend a lot more than you plan to. That's just the nature of project cars.

That being said I agree that the k20c1 swap would be the best route. You're going to have the room to push the power with that platform a lot more than you can with the L15B. Kinda like future proofing your build.

There are people putting the CTR engine + trans into Si's already with zero DTC's. And I haven't researched again recently but I remember seeing months back about someone making some sort of AWD kit for this platform? I could be wrong about that.

Wish you luck on whatever project you pursue

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
I'll never understand why people on civicx are SO concerned about what others do with their time and money into THEIR car.
So here's the thing. It's perspective. I have no issue with anyone pursuing their dreams and wish them luck.

But having gone through a lot in my 40+ years working on cars, I like to bring in the counterpoint/perspective of what I've learned and seen from personal experience.

It's not about trying to talk anyone out of their out of the box project. I just think it's best to approach anything in life with as much info from as many points of view as possible. Sometimes people dive in head first and get in too deep before they realize they're in over their head.

ddoth

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R
Country flag
Anything is possible when it comes to building vehicles.
You're limited by imagination, materials and skill/money.

AWD has been talked about. Opting for a mechanical set up or going for electric hubs and batteries in the rear.

Either way it isn't for the light hearted and you will be one of a very small few.