VividDreams17

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
New Britain Connecticut United States Of America
Vehicle(s)
2016 honda civic coupe EX-T
Realistically how expensive would it be to awd and manual swap the 2016 EXT civic coupe. I'll take tips from the guy that AWD swapped his type R. But since my car is smaller I’m not sure how much of a difference it’ll be. And Ik someone’s gonna ask why not just get an si and do the swap, from what I’ve heard the si trans isn’t the strongest so regardless when I want to start make a lot of power to potentially have the car be a 10 second car. That trans won’t be in for long if I were to get a si. Also I currently own a 2016 Honda civic EXT coupe so it’ll be less expensive to use my current car then get a whole new car, when that money for the car can go to a new engine and tran and what ever else the build could use
Sponsored

Mufasa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
I'll ballpark 50k just for the memes.

Custom axles, transmission, mounts, driveshaft, transfer case, differentials, subframe, etc and that's just for the drivetrain. Making a 10 sec EXT coupe out of that L15? Ouch.

This question is perfect for your username lol. Sell the EXT coupe, get a Si and look at what MAPerformance did to get a 10 second Si here. It's a lot of work.

OP
OP

VividDreams17

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'll ballpark 50k just for the memes.

Custom axles, transmission, mounts, driveshaft, transfer case, differentials, subframe, etc and that's just for the drivetrain. Making a 10 sec EXT coupe out of that L15? Ouch.

This question is perfect for your username lol. Sell the EXT coupe, get a Si and look at what MAPerformance did to get a 10 second Si here. It's a lot of work.
How about with the k20 from the accord there’s a guy that did that swap into his si, he was saying that the si share the same wiring, wiring harness and ecu I think. I’m not sure if it’ll be cheaper to do it with an si either L15 or dropping in that k20 and then with the AWD swap I have no clue how ill do it yet since I’ll have to make almost everything custom bcuz even if I take some tips from the guy that AWD Swapped his type R I’m not sure if it’ll fit the same since the type r is longer.

This is the guy that did the accord swap and he put how much he was able to do it for. For me it won’t be that exact amount but since it’ll be a future project it might be cheaper or more expensive depending on my opportunities so in my head roughly. I’ll say the swap would be 20k just the engine and manual swap. then maybe another 10-20k to AWD swap it the guy included everything he did with the transmission so maybe si would be cheaper with a salvage tittle one or a clean one. I would most likely do salvage tittle if I want it to just be a race car

this is the video

Honda Civic 10th gen How expensive would it be to AWD and Manual swap my 2016 EXT Coupe IMG_1949

Siqc Cafe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring, 2000 Celica GT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
a 20k-50kbudget
one could probably find a company to make a whole civic shell kit., then just slap it over a AWD suburu

Phy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Civic HB ST, '18 Civic HB EX, '04 Ford Ranger
Country flag
You basically want to turn the car into a completely different car. Just get a car with the features you want and upgrade that instead.

86salmon

It's Hedley, Hedley Lamarr!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic si sedan, 2001 Nissan Frontier
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
You could lower and gut an RDX... 🤷‍♂️

OP
OP

VividDreams17

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You basically want to turn the car into a completely different car. Just get a car with the features you want and upgrade that instead.
That’s a thing I can do but that’s not fun to me I wanna learn the ins and out of a vehicle push it to limits make it my own car that is unique to just mine. I can do that with a daily I plan on getting an f150 wit the 5.0 bcuz I want a truck and I like the 5.0. That one can be the one that I put slight mods on and just daily drive it but I want to be unique and most times being unique isn’t cheap other times it is tho but the unique I want to be isn’t cheap. Everyone has access to getting a bmw and tuning it yea there cool and quick but that’s not me I appreciate u commenting. But I would feel more satisfied after doing all this work to a car then having it start for the first after all the blood, sweat and tears and money I put into it. I do understand the rationality of doing that instead of doing all that work on a car too.

OP
OP

VividDreams17

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Definitely live up to your username
Exactly I’m here for a short amount of time and I don’t know when my last day will be. and I wouldn’t wanna be on my death bed with regret telling myself that I did the bare minimum or didn’t do what I Really wanted to do bcuz of financial reasons. So that’s my priority getting into the right financial situation. But this is just me brainstorming and putting it out on the internet bcuz I forgot stuff and if it’s here I can always come back to it and I’ll either laugh at myself or make myself proud that I had a dream and acted on it. I want to stop having ideas and being to pussy to act on them and making excuses for my self. so I’ll sound delusional until I make it happen.

Benster

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic HB Sport 6MT
Country flag
I think around 40k with your current car is a good ballpark for stock awd manual conversion. Personally, if you want a 10 sec car(F&F much?), sell this one, get a CTR and then awd swap it. You'll start with a platform that you can easily push 500whp without too much money. The 1.5T is a good engine, but it's currently not that reliable past 350hp. It might even be cheaper to get a ctr an swap it than to do it to your current car. You'll also end up with much better suspension and brakes right off the bat.

If you're an awesome welder and can fabricate everything, then go for it. Unique is fun, but as you said, very expensive. I'd love to awd swap my hatch if someone made the kit that isn't a thief, even staying around 250 whp I'd be happy. But I can't weld well or have the equipment at home to do this kind or work. Also this is my only car so it can't be out of commission for long either.

Good luck with the project.

Phy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Civic HB ST, '18 Civic HB EX, '04 Ford Ranger
Country flag
That’s a thing I can do but that’s not fun to me I wanna learn the ins and out of a vehicle push it to limits make it my own car that is unique to just mine. I can do that with a daily I plan on getting an f150 wit the 5.0 bcuz I want a truck and I like the 5.0. That one can be the one that I put slight mods on and just daily drive it but I want to be unique and most times being unique isn’t cheap other times it is tho but the unique I want to be isn’t cheap. Everyone has access to getting a bmw and tuning it yea there cool and quick but that’s not me I appreciate u commenting. But I would feel more satisfied after doing all this work to a car then having it start for the first after all the blood, sweat and tears and money I put into it. I do understand the rationality of doing that instead of doing all that work on a car too.
If I wanted to do it just for the fun of learning how to do it, I'd start with a much cheaper platform with much more mod community behind it, like an older civic or miata. You could pick up a shell for 1k easy, and wouldn't be starting your project 15k+ in the hole.

bluehatch17

First Name
bluehatch17
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 sport touring hatchback. 2019 Coupe sport.
Country flag
Cars are money pits. Custom/swapped cars will be a hemorrhaging of time, money, and aggravation. But if you have money burning a hole in your pocket, by all means, dive into this nightmare. There are just simply so many better ways to burn money.

OP
OP

VividDreams17

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cars are money pits. Custom/swapped cars will be a hemorrhaging of time, money, and aggravation. But if you have money burning a hole in your pocket, by all means, dive into this nightmare. There are just simply so many better ways to burn money.
Your right but if I where to make videos about it and get sponsors from the eyes and views I’m getting from it, build relationships and work with other people and have fun while doing it then in my opinion that’s worth it. I’d rather do that then put it in a bank and letting it sit there. I’ll make my investments put money in places where it’ll make me more money in the future, Im going to do that and any extra money I make from investments or money I have left over can get put into the car. I understand it’ll be really expensive bcuz im practically making a brand new car. but with the exposure from sponsors and making videos it wont be impossible and it wont be a perfect build in just a year and it wont be something that will get made soon its just an idea I had to see how possible it is and how much everyone else would think it’ll cost. Then once i do it some would be right some will be wrong. Tbh making any car do a 10 second run is expensive regardless. Older civics, integras, newer bmws, gtrs, the domestic scene too with the cameros, corvettes, mustangs, and hellcats are all expensive vehicles that’ll be even more expensive to build up to that. If I can spend 45-60k to get this done it’s already cheaper then a brand new demon 170 with better reliability and better tech it’ll be possible to beat and more unique. So there’s gonna be more people talking about the dumb ass that spent 45-60k on a 10th gen civic to compete with and beat cars 2-3 times the amount I spent. So in the race world my car won’t be expensive but in reality it is but that’s what I would expect but it won’t be anything soon so it’ll stay a dream/idea until I get it done

TBH this was a yap sesh, if u read through it all thank you, god bless you, have a good day and hopefully you’ll be seeing me making these ideas a reality in the future.

Benster

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic HB Sport 6MT
Country flag
Hey, if you're able to start a YT channel out of this and get enough subs to actually make you money, then you probably have the skills to do it. Just understand that you'll be sinking much more than you can think in these projects if you want to make videos good enough to gather views and viewers.

All the power to you if you can make it.

Builtfc1

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
Realistically how expensive would it be to awd and manual swap the 2016 EXT civic coupe. I'll take tips from the guy that AWD swapped his type R. But since my car is smaller I’m not sure how much of a difference it’ll be. And Ik someone’s gonna ask why not just get an si and do the swap, from what I’ve heard the si trans isn’t the strongest so regardless when I want to start make a lot of power to potentially have the car be a 10 second car. That trans won’t be in for long if I were to get a si. Also I currently own a 2016 Honda civic EXT coupe so it’ll be less expensive to use my current car then get a whole new car, when that money for the car can go to a new engine and tran and what ever else the build could use
Not worth it. It’s a civic lol
Sponsored