Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.procivic.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan, Others
Country flag
Something we found interesting while driving our new 2017 Civic Si over the weekend:

Strangely, the car does not hit the advertised 20.3 psi from the factory, as far as we can tell. Our Si seems to be staying below 19 psi even under full throttle at higher RPMs. Others have confirmed this as well on their Si models. I think this is actually a good thing, as it indicates that Honda made the extra power in the Si without having to up the boost by a large amount.

Here is a graph from Hondata showing the stock boost curve (lower dashed line) on their 2017 Si vs the brand new +6 psi map (solid line) for the Si.

Honda Civic 10th gen Hondata releases FlashPro for Civic Si 2017civisi-plus6-boost-500x500

mc1200s

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 ext
Country flag
B
Why? A tune with better timing, and better(leaner) A/F ratio should give better MPG than stock. MPG should only go down if you have a lead foot.
Because I'm moee concerned about my daily driver obtaining 50mph while being daily driven than having the ability to change tunes. It's not a race car. The flexibility to go from the hondata tune you chose to run with opposed to stock is what would make me happy.

zx2down

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Altima 2.5 S
B

Because I'm moee concerned about my daily driver obtaining 50mph while being daily driven than having the ability to change tunes. It's not a race car. The flexibility to go from the hondata tune you chose to run with opposed to stock is what would make me happy.
Logic fail. If the new tune has better timing and better A/F ratio then it will get better MPG than stock. If you want to get 50MPG then you would WANT a good tune.

mc1200s

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 ext
Country flag
Logic fail. If the new tune has better timing and better A/F ratio then it will get better MPG than stock. If you want to get 50MPG then you would WANT a good tune.
If there was a tune that would give me better mpg then you're right. But unfortunately such a tune doesn't exist.

VitViper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lots
Hondata's basemaps don't alter the A/F targets or the timing maps. For the most part the basemaps just increase boost a little bit and that's it.

OP
OP
Hondata

Hondata

Hondata
Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hondata.com
Vehicle(s)
23' Type R,22' Civic Si,18' Accord 2.0T,17' FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Thats also incorrect:

The base maps:
  • lean the WOT AF ratio
  • Stabilize the power delivery by alteration to the knock air limit tables
  • Remove the speed limit
  • Give you full throttle shift to reduce boost lag
  • Remap the Sport button for more boost
Timing maps are editable and tunable for fuel type.
Fuel maps are editable and tunable for fuel type.

We are not supplying a custom tune. The supplied base A/F and timing maps are within Honda's standard operating parameters for the increased boost level.

Our maps are track tested for reliability.

Last edited:

VitViper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lots
I stand corrected -- on the *Si* you do lean out WOT targets. On the other 1.5T's your WOT targets are all stock.

Can we tune MAF on the Si yet?

I mean, *I* can.

:)

mc1200s

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 ext
Country flag
Thats also incorrect:

The base maps:
  • lean the WOT AF ratio
  • Stabilize the power delivery by alteration to the knock air limit tables
  • Remove the speed limit
  • Give you full throttle shift to reduce boost lag
  • Remap the Sport button for more boost
Timing maps are editable and tunable for fuel type.
Fuel maps are editable and tunable for fuel type.

We are not supplying a custom tune. The supplied base A/F and timing maps are within Honda's standard operating parameters for the increased boost level.

Our maps are track tested for reliability.
The 6psi cvt tune DOES NOT remove the speed limiter. Not sure if Hondata is aware of this or not. Cuts out at 132. Same as stock.

dc2turbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic,teg
Country flag
The 6psi cvt tune DOES NOT remove the speed limiter. Not sure if Hondata is aware of this or not. Cuts out at 132. Same as stock.
did you set it up correctly? the stock cutoff is 124-5mph. make sure its set to MPH and not KPH. speed rpm limiter to 6000
Sponsored

Last edited: