Hondata releases FlashPro for Civic Si

davemarco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R (CBP), 2013 Audi TTRS
Country flag
Engines are constantly evolving and the Si engine should be capable of holding around 300tq+ stock internals. So yes a turbo upgrade would be fine for longevity.
I meant more in terms of performance -- wouldn't a larger turbo require a larger engine to spool it quickly?
Sponsored

Syntek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PWP Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I read somewhere that Honda stress tested the engine for 300hp and torque. That was the non Si turbo model. I'm sure it'll be fine

OP
OP
Hondata

Hondata

Hondata
Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hondata.com
Vehicle(s)
23' Type R,22' Civic Si,18' Accord 2.0T,17' FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Are you guys able to do something similar for the non Si Civic? Aka make the Eco button a "stock configuration" and turning off Eco mode would enable the Hondata tune. Just an idea. ;)
A good idea at that! We'll put it on the to to do list.

neteng101

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Country flag
A good idea at that! We'll put it on the to to do list.
A better idea - let people switch between two choices of maps using the Econ/Sport button, so for the Si one can run a +3 normal +6 Sport if they chose to, same for Civics with Econ being a +3 map or base non-Econ map and normal can be a +6/9 map, or let people turn Econ into a sportier map.

fiend busa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
This engine can spool a larger turbo fine, the piping might need to be upgraded though.
Now we just need someone to sell us a clutch and turbo already!!

Haven't seen any updates from that Chinese company with that custom turbo on the non si variant since.

ARMED

First Name
June
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic sport hatchback
Country flag
no love for civic sport?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Hatchback Sport Sonic Gray Pearl 6MT
Country flag
We've clarified the web link:

The supplied +9 psi calibration is capable of generating 272 lb-ft torque. In our dyno testing we found the stock clutch beginning to slip. The Dynapack dyno is very hard on the drivetrain and is more likely to cause slip than street driving with stock tires. Our road testing to date has shown no clutch slip with the + 9 psi calibration. We recommend using the +6 psi calibration.
Which calibration do you recommend for the Sport hatch?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Hatchback Sport Sonic Gray Pearl 6MT
Country flag
Are you guys able to do something similar for the non Si Civic? Aka make the Eco button a "stock configuration" and turning off Eco mode would enable the Hondata tune. Just an idea. ;)
I was thinking this too, that would be great!

OP
OP
Hondata

Hondata

Hondata
Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hondata.com
Vehicle(s)
23' Type R,22' Civic Si,18' Accord 2.0T,17' FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
One important question for me is: if the SI stock runs ~3 psi of boost more than the regular EX-T, wouldn't a +6 tune on the SI be there same as a +9 tune on the EX-T?
The Si + 9 psi calibration makes no more (and often less) top end power than the + 6 psi. It makes no sense to run more boost if the AFM/MAF sensor is not showing an increase in g/s of air flow. The extra boost just heats the intake charge and may add to the back pressure. We have also seen tunes where removing 1-2 psi from the top end boost of the + 6psi maps can actually add power.

JDM_DOHC_SiR

Uncle Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Acura TLX Type-S / 2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
They are in the works....we've already spoken with one of the major clutch brands about this.
While your at it have then do a SMF as well ;)

tacthecat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'12 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
I second this notion. It's a great idea. I'd love to have the stock tune available at the press of the eco button for long highway trips.

Please fit this in.
Are you saying the non-stock tune hurts performance, or mileage, or driveability in some way?

zx2down

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Altima 2.5 S
I second this notion. It's a great idea. I'd love to have the stock tune available at the press of the eco button for long highway trips.

Please fit this in.
Why? A tune with better timing, and better(leaner) A/F ratio should give better MPG than stock. MPG should only go down if you have a lead foot.
Sponsored