Honda Reveals 2017 Civic Si Coupe and Sedan (205 HP / 192 LB-FT)

zx2down

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Altima 2.5 S
This is true. I've owned 5 Hondas and currently drive a 15 Si. I'm a lot older now but still enjoy driving these cars. I'm just not into modding the anymore. Can't see myself driving around with the thing dumped and a fart can hangin out the back
There is a difference in tasteful mods and pepboys.
Sponsored

dmitri

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si sedan
Country flag
But pulling a time sheet like that to prove the performance of a stock Civic EX-T is useless. It literally means you beat a bunch of random people who had no idea how to drive the course.
But it does make one great point that should never be overlooked or underestimated: "how one drives matters at least as much as what one drives".

Vtak Groceries

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 Civic Si HFP, 2017 Golf R
But it does make one great point that should never be overlooked or underestimated: "how one drives matters at least as much as what one drives".
You know it doesn't matter what's under the hood. The only thing that matters is who's behind the wheel.

zroger73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 MX-5 Miata GT-S, 2021 Ridgeline RTL-E
Country flag
Personally, I've never cared for loud vehicles - even as a teenager. I don't like driving with the windows open. I don't like loud exhausts. I don't like the roar of mud tires with coarse tread.

However, I respect and sometimes appreciate a well-tuned intake/exhaust on a performance vehicle that is appropriate to its capabilities. An IndyCar race would be pretty boring if the cars sounded like Buick LeSabres and sportsball games would be downright creepy if there were no cheering crowds!

With that said, the one thing that absolutely makes me want to spin my head around and spew bile like the girl in The Exorcist are loud exhausts on otherwise stock engines (particularly 4- and 6-cylinder engines) that do absolutely nothing but make loud, embarrassing, and offensive noises.

Pray tell why anyone would want to put a loud muffler on a stock. 4-cylinder Hyundai Elantra with an automatic transmission?

I guess I like sleepers. I've caught more than a few kids with ricers and Bubbas with V8 trucks completely off guard in my Ridgeline. I just wish I could see the looks on some of their faces when they see nothing but faint taillights in the distance of a Honda SUV-with-a-bed with a silent exhaust. The AWD might be pretty boring if you're looking to waste some money on tires, but it just goes while the Bubbas are still at the red light doing a one-wheel-peel. :)

Browncoat3000

Red 5 standing by
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si, Odyssey EX-L
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Honestly man I dont know how many other people on this forum have actually done Autox (im guessing not many) But pulling a time sheet like that to prove the performance of a stock Civic EX-T is useless. It literally means you beat a bunch of random people who had no idea how to drive the course. My 2008 Civic Si use to run the same times as my friends R35 in Autox. Much wow.
You missed the point. The OP H8tr made the claim that the Si wouldn't be able beat other cars in a race.

AutoX is easily the most accessible and common LEGAL racing around. Given the stock car's solid performance, his point was absurd. The Si will be a formidable car for weekend warriors.

zroger73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 MX-5 Miata GT-S, 2021 Ridgeline RTL-E
Country flag
Well, that didn't take long. Honda removed the text from their website after posting it less than 24 hours ago. I wonder if someone internally caught it or if they're watching us? ;)
Since yesterday, the statement "Now it's back, with even more horsepower..." has returned to Honda's website.

More horsepower than what? The context directly implies than the last Civic Si.

I suspect one of the following from most to least likely:

1. The ignorant clowns in the advertising department need to be fired.
2. The 2015 Si had 204.5 horsepower which rounds up to 205 and the 2017 Si has 204.6 which also rounds up to 205, so the claim "more horsepower" is technically correct.
3. Honda made last-minute plans/changes to increase the horsepower above 205.

Last edited:

maggsgsr

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Si Coupe
Horsepower is the same. Tq is up almost 20lbs and it makes wayy more power throughout the rev band

ronmcdon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 FiestaST, 19 Si, Camaro Z1LE, EvoX, 98 240sx
Country flag
Talking about autoX, I sure hope the new Si will allow more adjustment of camber than the prior model. Good luck with not destroying a set of tires at every event if you can't even adjust that.

At least with the prior Si, you could buy aftermarket camber bolts to dail in neg camber in the front then. With the current Civic, there's not even that option. Sure hoping Honda's cost cutting theme in the Si doesn't mean they cheap out on limited alignment adjustability again, although I can't say I'm optimistic. I hope I'm wrong.

BarracksSi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Sport Touring Hatch; '17 CR-V EX. Formerly '02 EP3.
Country flag
Talking about autoX, I sure hope the new Si will allow more adjustment of camber than the prior model. Good luck with not destroying a set of tires at every event if you can't even adjust that.

At least with the prior Si, you could buy aftermarket camber bolts to dail in neg camber in the front then. With the current Civic, there's not even that option. Sure hoping Honda's cost cutting theme in the Si doesn't mean they cheap out on limited alignment adjustability again, although I can't say I'm optimistic. I hope I'm wrong.
I remember seeing camber plates, probably under the HFP label, in the "body in white" bare chassis in one of the car show videos. Whoever was there to shoot the vid didn't think to mention all the pieces displayed in this chassis (an LSD was one of them).
Sponsored