2017 Honda Civic Si Coupe First Sighting!

Shralper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Acura RSX Type S
Country flag
"Global reveal of the all-new Civic Si Prototype"

Prototype?! Really? So that makes me wonder 2 things: 1) will they even release the specs, and 2) when will this be available for purchase? Dang, Honda, dragging your feet.
OMG. My worst fears have come true. After waiting for over a year.

I knew something was wrong when we still don't know the displacement. There's no way they could have kept it a secret this late in the game.
Sponsored

hollis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura TL 3rd Gen
Country flag
On the Honda side, first, the brand will be revealing the Civic Si Prototype, heralding next year's launch of the new Civic Si Sedan and Coupe, the latest additions to our 10th-generation Civic lineup. The Honda Civic Si Prototype reveal will take place down the street from the show on Tuesday, Nov. 15 at 3:00 PM PDT.

limitedslip

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 Si coupe, 13 Si coupe, 10 Si Coupe
had a good look at the sizing of the 1.5t Sport twin exit muffler and they're clearly half the size of the Si test mule ... mounted transverse in the pics as opposed to inline for the 1.5t Sport .... will predict a 2.0t in the new Si ... need those muffs for Db compliance
the type R proto seems to have them mounted inline also but much larger than 1.5t

Shralper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Acura RSX Type S
Country flag
had a good look at the sizing of the 1.5t Sport twin exit muffler and they're clearly half the size of the Si test mule ... mounted transverse in the pics as opposed to inline for the 1.5t Sport .... will predict a 2.0t in the new Si ... need those muffs for Db compliance
the type R proto seems to have them mounted inline also but much larger than 1.5t
Gawd I hope you're right

Ethan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mazda 3 GT 6 speed
Honestly the Si better have the 2.0T from the Type R. We didn't wait until MY 2018 for an also ran sport compact entry with similar power figures to the previous Civic Si.

Shralper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Acura RSX Type S
Country flag
It's the day before the unveiling of what's now known as simply the Si 'Prototype' <groan>. We still don't know what the displacement will be. I'm not holding my breath any longer for tomorrow's event. Not expecting to hear anything solid about the engine specs.

I sure hope I'm wrong. I still find it awfully strange that this Si was seen driving around in public in nearly-finished form. There had to be SOME kind of engine in it.

17CivicTypeR_Brian

Aiming for 400whp out of the TypeR.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Black CTR #4071, 16 MDX Tech
Country flag
It's the day before the unveiling of what's now known as simply the Si 'Prototype' <groan>. We still don't know what the displacement will be. I'm not holding my breath any longer for tomorrow's event. Not expecting to hear anything solid about the engine specs.

I sure hope I'm wrong. I still find it awfully strange that this Si was seen driving around in public in nearly-finished form. There had to be SOME kind of engine in it.

One positive we can take from this - the car is said to be a "2017 Civic Si" whereas the Type R is known to be a "2018 Civic Type R" . . . we know the TypeR is coming in 'spring' as a 2018 model. That would really lend you to think the Si will come very early in the winter. I wouldn't be surprised if it's available end of January.

limitedslip

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 Si coupe, 13 Si coupe, 10 Si Coupe
One positive we can take from this - the car is said to be a "2017 Civic Si" whereas the Type R is known to be a "2018 Civic Type R" . . . we know the TypeR is coming in 'spring' as a 2018 model. That would really lend you to think the Si will come very early in the winter. I wouldn't be surprised if it's available end of January.
i think i'll own 3 generations of the Si Coupe !! :drive: ... if that's not too much ! :)

17CivicTypeR_Brian

Aiming for 400whp out of the TypeR.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Black CTR #4071, 16 MDX Tech
Country flag
i think i'll own 3 generations of the Si Coupe !! :drive: ... if that's not too much ! :)
No such thing as too much!

I really want to get my hands on another 99 Civic Si in EBP.... kind of a dream car for me to have another one. Not really life practical, but still.
Sponsored