Honda Civic Type-R Over sticker dealer naughty list.

jzj323

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Honda Civic Si and 2007 Toyota Highlander Limited Hybrid
Alright just never done that before thanks for that info.

MSRP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Range Rover
Did San Leandro Honda sell theirs? I went to look at it a few weeks ago and they said they were not selling it for a few months. Said the owner wanted to keep it in showroom so people could see it.

CSIG1001

Banned
Banned
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 V6 6 SPEED COUPE ACCORD
Did San Leandro Honda sell theirs? I went to look at it a few weeks ago and they said they were not selling it for a few months. Said the owner wanted to keep it in showroom so people could see it.
and conduct bait and switch tactics.

wonderful society we live in

Thanks honda

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag
not sure. They did tell me the first one they have is placed on demo so they won't be selling it for a while on 6/30.

They msg me yesterday asking me if I am still interested and gave me a price of 15k+. Not sure if that is for the one they placed on demo or the one they are getting.

CSIG1001

Banned
Banned
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
not sure. They did tell me the first one they have is placed on demo so they won't be selling it for a while on 6/30.

They msg me yesterday asking me if I am still interested and gave me a price of 15k+. Not sure if that is for the one they placed on demo or the one they are getting.
Make sure you buy GAP insurance if you spend a dime over MSRP

I find it funny people buying these cars 5-15k over thinking they will maintain their value the next two years. Thats like taking 5-15k and lighting it on fire. Personally i understand the honda fanboyism , however your money would be more well spent on a focus RS especially if you live in snowy areas, ,
even if you live in hot areas the RS still seems to be the better value

Making power is easier than you’d think with the Focus RS, and the biggest bang for the buck power wise is the Cobb Tuning AccessPORT for Focus RS. Offering a approximate 45whp/45wtq gain with their off the shelf maps, this simple device is not only great for diagnostics, adds a ton of power and a LOT of functionality with more features announced every month, this thing makes the car the best it can be.

Still dont like the fact Honda uses 20" low profile tires, good luck to everyone that will be avoiding minor pot holes and changing tires every 10-12k miles. eek.

RS is not underrated from the factory though like the civic type r which i give props to honda, hopefully the accord 2.0T is underrated as well.
If it has LSD and type R flywheel and clutch i might be in for a lease and dog the crap out of it after reflashing with hondata "i know they will make it :)" reports coming in the type r hondata will make 330HP , 325TQ est

anyway if i had a choice 5-10k over ADM or just buy a focus RS 500.00 below MSRP i would get the focus and deal with the interior and outside design. Having the 2.3 ecoboost AWD would be better IMO. With the mods on the RS you would destroy most cars on the street.

AWD makes a world of difference

C/D TEST
RESULTS
ACCELERATION
0–30 MPH 1.5 sec
0–60 MPH 4.6 sec
0–100 MPH 12.2 sec
0–110 MPH 14.4 sec
ÂĽ-MILE @ MPH 13.4 sec @ 105
ROLLING START, 5–60 MPH 5.7
TOP GEAR, 30–50 MPH 7.6 sec
TOP GEAR, 50–70 MPH 6.0 sec
TOP SPEED 165 mph (gov ltd, mfr’s est)

Last edited:

TypeRguru

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bmw M4

I find it funny people buying these cars 5-15k over thinking they will maintain their value the next two years. Thats like taking 5-15k and lighting it on fire. Personally i understand the honda fanboyism , however your money would be more well spent on a focus RS especially if you live in snowy areas, ,

Making power is easier than you’d think with the Focus RS, and the biggest bang for the buck power wise is the Cobb Tuning AccessPORT for Focus RS. Offering a approximate 45whp/45wtq gain with their off the shelf maps, this simple device is not only great for diagnostics, adds a ton of power and a LOT of functionality with more features announced every month, this thing makes the car the best it can be.

RS is not underrated from the factory though like the civic type r

C/D TEST
RESULTS
ACCELERATION
0–30 MPH 1.5 sec
0–60 MPH 4.6 sec
0–100 MPH 12.2 sec
0–110 MPH 14.4 sec
Shouldn't you be on the focus RS forum?

CSIG1001

Banned
Banned
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shouldn't you be on the focus RS forum?
Its called a forum discussion , you live in North Korea?

Btw i have a deposit down for a CTR ,4th in line at MSRP

I can wait until 2018. However if a RS drops in price 2-3k below MSRP i might jump on it

Last edited:

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag
I never want to put myself in a position to be upside down on a car so I always put enough money down if I was going to be financing a car. If I don't have enough money for a downpayment, I just don't buy it.

I also don't care to own a Ford. It is a great car but even if it goes 5k under MSRP I won't buy it. I don't like the exterior / interior of it and would look for other cars to buy if I'm not able to get the Type R.
I'm looking for a car I'd enjoy looking at / driving it. I'm not necessarily looking for a car to give me the best bang for the buck.

PwrOfDreams

It ain't a Type R then it ain't a tight car
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Other
Country flag

Still dont like the fact Honda uses 20" low profile tires, good luck to everyone that will be avoiding minor pot holes and changing tires every 10-12k miles. eek.

RS is not underrated from the factory though like the civic type r which i give props to honda, hopefully the accord 2.0T is underrated as well.
If it has LSD and type R flywheel and clutch i might be in for a lease and dog the crap out of it after reflashing with hondata "i know they will make it :)" reports coming in the type r hondata will make 330HP , 325TQ est

anyway if i had a choice 5-10k over ADM or just buy a focus RS 500.00 below MSRP i would get the focus and deal with the interior and outside design. Having the 2.3 ecoboost AWD would be better IMO. With the mods on the RS you would destroy most cars on the street.

C/D TEST
RESULTS
ACCELERATION
0–30 MPH 1.5 sec
0–60 MPH 4.6 sec
0–100 MPH 12.2 sec
0–110 MPH 14.4 sec
Potholes and the 20's with low profile tires are a nightmare. I hit a minor size pothole and it scrap the shit out of the wheel. With a high ADM. GAP insurance is a must just incase the unthinkable happens when you finance with a small down payment.

CSIG1001

Banned
Banned
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I never want to put myself in a position to be upside down on a car so I always put enough money down if I was going to be financing a car. If I don't have enough money for a downpayment, I just don't buy it.

I also don't care to own a Ford. It is a great car but even if it goes 5k under MSRP I won't buy it. I don't like the exterior / interior of it and would look for other cars to buy if I'm not able to get the Type R.
I'm looking for a car I'd enjoy looking at / driving it. I'm not necessarily looking for a car to give me the best bang for the buck.
You dont have to put any money down if you have outstanding credit . Sounds like you should buy a Lexus

Bayswag510

First Name
Byron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Type R, 2011 CRZ
Vehicle Showcase

C/D TEST
RESULTS
ACCELERATION
0–30 MPH 1.5 sec
0–60 MPH 4.6 sec
0–100 MPH 12.2 sec
0–110 MPH 14.4 sec
Valid point, again people buy iPhone upgrades even when apple hasn't change anything about the phone.
Sponsored