Honda Civic Type-R Over sticker dealer naughty list.

Iilac

Spelled with a I not a L for Iilac.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S2000, CTR, TUNDRA, MAXIMA, CX9
Country flag
A little secret for anyone buying out of state. Do not pay tax there. Do you own DMV run in CA. You get to write down the purchase price without showing them your contract. That should offset any shipping costs and you don't have to fly/drive there. You're welcome.

Doesn't this depend on the dealership? My dealer was willing to let me self tag and tax if I paid it off in cash but I had to finance my car so they had to do the tax and title and come up with entire amount for my credit union.
Sponsored

jonathan3579

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Accord
Country flag
Vandergriff Honda in Arlington Texas, 9k over and kindly offered non-refundable deposits. A-holes.
That's almost not so bad considering what I just went and looked at. This is courtesy of Big Star Honda here in Houston. Also, the manager is a total arrogant prick.

Honda Civic 10th gen Honda Civic Type-R  Over sticker dealer naughty list. P_20180309_201629_vHDR_Auto

Last edited:

eightnot8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Type-R 18, Acura RSX 04
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Eventually the buyer will give in because it’s a want not a need. And that’s the price we pay for a free economy.

DevilDoc8542

First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Type R Polished Metal Metallic #9206, 2018 Ford F 150 Raptor Lead Foot Gray
Vandergriff Honda in Arlington Texas, 9k over and kindly offered non-refundable deposits. A-holes.
I tried to deal with Vandergoofy too. They wanted 8k over msrp plus some additional accessories that I didn’t want or need. The CTR would end up being 58k out the door.
I would never deal with them again.

tv4184

First Name
Tuan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CW FK8, IS300, V8 4Runner, FD RX7
That's almost not so bad considering what I just went and looked at. This is courtesy of Big Star Honda here in Houston. Also, the manager is a total arrogant prick.

P_20180309_201629_vHDR_Auto.jpg
I like how they are like 15k over the price of Clear Lake Honda, who is only 15 minutes south of them. And even they are willing to negotiate if no one puts down a deposit for incoming shipments.

jonathan3579

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Accord
Country flag
I like how they are like 15k over the price of Clear Lake Honda, who is only 15 minutes south of them. And even they are willing to negotiate if no one puts down a deposit for incoming shipments.
Oh, it totally gets better. I laughed my way out of the dealership as they told me I won’t find a better deal in Houston. I get an email around 45 minutes later after leaving saying this:

“Jonathan, This is Stephen from Big Star Honda. We want to work with you, come back and let's do this.”

They were such asses about the whole thing. I tried to end it on a good note but the manager had to come out and brag about how I should just buy an Si and “chip” it and it’ll be faster than the Type-R and how his is faster blah blah blah. I already know there’s no deal to be made there and even if there was, I wouldn’t want to give a dealership like that my money anyway.

OP
OP
erbee

erbee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Nissan Altima, 2004 BMW M3
Country flag
Doesn't this depend on the dealership? My dealer was willing to let me self tag and tax if I paid it off in cash but I had to finance my car so they had to do the tax and title and come up with entire amount for my credit union.
I guess your down payment has to cover tax and fees. So the bank only need to finance the car. They just want to play it safe, ask them to title the car in that state so the bank will get the title fast. You can only avoid paying tax on the spot by shipping the car out of state instead of driving it. I financed mine too.

O Haiii

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
acura
Country flag
Went to Diamond Honda in Puente Hills, CA yesterday. They are getting a black one next week and are asking for $20k adm. F'in california.

RODSCIVIC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Acura MDX 2016 Focus ST 2018 Si Sedan
Country flag
Went to Diamond Honda in Puente Hills, CA yesterday. They are getting a black one next week and are asking for $20k adm. F'in california.
That's a reasonable price :rolleyes:
You can pick up a Focus RS for the weekend and an Si for daily driving for that amount... WTF is wrong with people..lol

tragerbon

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 4runner & 2017 Husqvarna 701 SM
I was looking for the R, but due to current pricing it’s not worth it to me, too many other options. Was also considering the SI due to moving further away from town, gas mileage is awesome...

But since Honda and it’s affiliates want to screw me, I’m done with them. I’ll just keep my current 2016 4runner & 2017 Husqvarna 701SM and wait for the Hyundai N or whatever else come out next year.

Good luck to all of you guys and gals !

PS... FU Honda of NA ! : )

DevilDoc8542

First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Type R Polished Metal Metallic #9206, 2018 Ford F 150 Raptor Lead Foot Gray
I was looking for the R, but due to current pricing it’s not worth it to me, too many other options. Was also considering the SI due to moving further away from town, gas mileage is awesome...

But since Honda and it’s affiliates want to screw me, I’m done with them. I’ll just keep my current 2016 4runner & 2017 Husqvarna 701SM and wait for the Hyundai N or whatever else come out next year.

Good luck to all of you guys and gals !

PS... FU Honda of NA ! : )
I understand your pain. It sucks that dealers can charge an ADM and Honda NA claims they do not encourage this practice. My Ford Raptor is a 2018. The Gen 2 Raptors came out last year and dealerships are still changing an ADM for them!! One dealership wanted $15,000 while another in my area wanted $8,000!! I had to travel 50 miles to get one right below MSRP. My Type R, I had to remind the dealership I bought 8 cars from them in the past and if they want to keep my business, it would be best to keep the Type R at MSRP.

There are a few preowned 2017 and one 2018 on Autotrader. IDK how you feel about buying one slightly used, but there is a route for you to consider. Anyways, good luck on the purchase of your next vehicle.
Sponsored