First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 CTR, 17 TRD Tacoma, 2017 Wrangler, 2020 Avalon
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Just want to update everyone that I got a response back. My driver side Tail light replacement is on the way. Hopefully there won't be any more issues. I will keep you guys posted once I get my replacement and install. Thanks again volks for helping me out. In addition, they told me they are short on staff but they will definitely respond all their emails.

Update 6/28/20
Just want to update everyone on the replacement part i got back from HI Rev. The replacement part was much better than the one I got before. However, there are still some smudges stain on the inside of the tail light that cannot be remove with microfiber cloth. The install took me 2-3 hours but it was straight forward. The fitment was not so great on the driver side like some encounter on the forum. The driver tail light does not fully cover the side of the car where the bumper and tail light gap meet compared to OEM. Also the small winglet turn signal also have a small gap underneath as it doesn't fully flush the gap, I followed the install instruction on the FK8 forum to adjust the two outside bolt first then inside hex bolt, but It still has a small gap. Other than that that, passenger side fitment was pretty much spot on. So far no water leakage, but only time will tell if the plastic tube I bought from amazon will hold up. Overall, I am pleased with the product and the customer service from Hi Res and would recommend them if anyone looking to upgrade their tail lights.
I might also add that on the passenger side I did have some paint rub off on some edges because the housing fits so snug to the body. A little touch up paint and I'm fine now. Personally though I actually like how snug it is compared to stock.
Sponsored

Volksparts

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 CTR, 17 TRD Tacoma, 2017 Wrangler, 2020 Avalon
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
seems like 3/10 people have had replacements sent to them only to find out the replacement also has some issues.. but im over here with mugen and its 100% issue free.. along with many socal guys that bought it.. zero issues.. and the condensation "issue" that people had was part of the design as the condensation will disappear right away.. i tested it today after a car wash.. and after about 30 mins in the sun it just went away. Mugen even said it was designed like that.
Interestingly though I've seen far more issues with Mugen tail lights than HRS. My HRSs never had any issues. And never once has had condensation.

Kekela98a

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR
Country flag
Got mine installed. The driver's side alignment is off no matter how I adjust it. It frustrating considering the passenger is dead on.

PK1

NEVER SETTLE FOR LESS
First Name
Francisco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 S2000, 2019 Type R
Country flag
Got my Hirevs also. Easily installed.

Just had to flip the cables at times.
Fitment will never be perfect but since I installed mine haven't looked back at them or tripped about alignment when drying them. (Must be your OCD :p)

0 complaints with mine. Love em.

Live in So-Cal as well and installing 2 other sets they also had no issues nor big fitment issues.

rallyered225

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type-R
Country flag
Am I crazy or should the animation work with the headlights in the auto position? Just installed mine after troubleshooting the position of the connectors and realized the animation only triggers from lock/unlock in the on position.

Kekela98a

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR
Country flag
Am I crazy or should the animation work with the headlights in the auto position? Just installed mine after troubleshooting the position of the connectors and realized the animation only triggers from lock/unlock in the on position.
It would only be on on Auto if its dark enough.

rallyered225

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type-R
Country flag
It would only be on on Auto if its dark enough.
Not according to HRS:
PLEASE NOTE: The power ON animation is triggered by the front headlights. If the headlights feature is set to ON, the animation will trigger when you unlock the car. If the headlights feature is set to OFF, the animation will not trigger when you unlock the car.

Kekela98a

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR
Country flag
Not according to HRS:
PLEASE NOTE: The power ON animation is triggered by the front headlights. If the headlights feature is set to ON, the animation will trigger when you unlock the car. If the headlights feature is set to OFF, the animation will not trigger when you unlock the car.
If its Auto, it doesn't mean the front headlight is ON if its bright.

rallyered225

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type-R
Country flag
I'm talking more in line of the animation triggering with the headlights in
So you're saying that if the headlights are in auto if it's not dark enough for the headlights to come on, the animation won't trigger?

Kekela98a

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR
Country flag
I'm talking more in line of the animation triggering with the headlights in

So you're saying that if the headlights are in auto if it's not dark enough for the headlights to come on, the animation won't trigger?
yes. As a test, if you turn on the headlights and lock/unlock you'll see the animation.

rallyered225

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type-R
Country flag
yes. As a test, if you turn on the headlights and lock/unlock you'll see the animation.
Yeah I did that. I'm going off the install video I followed that doesn't explain that.

Z06Chris

First Name
C. Yi
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type-R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
QC seems piss poor on these and the Mugen... I like the look of them so I'll probably try a set of these when they're available again.

rallyered225

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type-R
Country flag
QC seems piss poor on these and the Mugen... I like the look of them so I'll probably try a set of these when they're available again.
Pretty sure they're about to release the clear lens model soon