tinyman392

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Type R (RR)
Country flag
It’s normal they said! ?‍♂ The Mugen tax is real.

3369A73B-BBD9-4BB1-B03B-EA042A67930D.jpeg

207110CE-2C9E-416A-BCA7-7CD8A5F4CD29.jpeg
It is, the tail lights are vented. The stock ones do this too. It is supposed to get better with time, but getting rid of it means breaking physics. Mugen is good, but they ain't that good.

VinRRR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
R16017
Country flag
It is, the tail lights are vented. The stock ones do this too. It is supposed to get better with time, but getting rid of it means breaking physics. Mugen is good, but they ain't that good.
I understand lights are not completely sealed, but I never had issues with condensation with any of my cars so somehow, other light manufacturers figured out a way. When I received the light with a bug in the housing (got another one under warranty), I know quality and QC aren’t that good.

aerodynamics

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PWP 2020 Hatchback Sport Manual
Country flag
When I received the light with a bug in the housing (got another one under warranty), I know quality and QC aren’t that good.
Count me as another owner not happy with the QC. My driver side lens was sealed about 1/8" off leaving a large body panel gap. I'm kinda disappointed that Mugen chose to source these from Depo and have no doubt in my mind they would be perfect had they manufactured it themselves.

Riko

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 1.0L Turbo, CVT, Elegance trim
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
great, another mongo, you did read tho, or at least made the commitment to comment on my outcry.

Must be a helpful guy...

but to go on topic and not being a dick: I showed I wrapped the rear lenses (more pics in link above)
Honda Civic 10th gen Mugen LED Tail Lights IMAG1844

than he asked if you cant see any condense when wrapped the entire lense, thats why my reply on that, because its obvious you cant see anything happen inside the lense when its covered with wrap.

aerodynamics

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PWP 2020 Hatchback Sport Manual
Country flag
Honda Civic 10th gen Mugen LED Tail Lights 09B3E12D-88E0-415F-B3F2-9906838349BD

Well, this happened yesterday. I’ve had these 4 months now and CA is in the middle of a Spring heatwave.

vtecr

First Name
FK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK7 GT-Spec Daily, EP3 Type-R, EP1 Project, EU7 Beater (+ others I care less about...)
Country flag
This is normal on all taillights, even the OEM ones so I wouldn't worry too much. They should be vented anyway so it'll clear up before too long but it's just basic physics. The cooler, more moisture laden air gets in during the night, or changing whether conditions and then comes the hot sun and makes that moist air condense on the inside of the lens.

If you wanna get rid of it more quickly, you can remove a bulb and blow some air in there with a compressor and it'll dry out pretty quick.

VinRRR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
R16017
Country flag
Condensation is not normal, especially if it happens often. My stock tails and none of my other cars had condensation issues. My Mugen light condensates almost everyday in the winter. It doesn’t happen anymore in the summer though.

tinyman392

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Type R (RR)
Country flag
Condensation is not normal, especially if it happens often. My stock tails and none of my other cars had condensation issues. My Mugen light condensates almost everyday in the winter. It doesn’t happen anymore in the summer though.
My stock lights condensates often. It’s most noticeable in the morning dew.

j_limitz

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Type R - Championship White
Country flag
I have not noticed any condensation on my Mugen taillights, i also only park the car indoors and do not drive the car in the winter
Sponsored