Mugen LED Tail Lights

VinRRR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
R16017
Country flag
How tf? I'd contact Kings about that, no way something as big as an insect should be able to get inside....
That's why I'm disappointed. Already emailed King. Hopefully, I'll get a replacement.

Yeah I can deal with fogging

but insect inside that is visible I ain’t takin lol
I can't take either man! I'm very OCD about these stuff. I want perfection LOL.

Insects go in even on the stock tail lights ?
I never had an insects inside anyyy of my lights. I can't even see a spec of dust inside my stock taillight. Like I always believe, nothing beats OEM quality.
Sponsored

goodvibes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type R CBP
Country flag
That's why I'm disappointed. Already emailed King. Hopefully, I'll get a replacement.

I can't take either man! I'm very OCD about these stuff. I want perfection LOL.

I never had an insects inside anyyy of my lights. I can't even see a spec of dust inside my stock taillight. Like I always believe, nothing beats OEM quality.
Just search spider on tail lights and you’ll see people posting the tail lights with bugs in it. Mind you, is not a whole lot of bugs but maybe one small spider.

VinRRR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
R16017
Country flag
Just search spider on tail lights and you’ll see people posting the tail lights with bugs in it. Mind you, is not a whole lot of bugs but maybe one small spider.
The piece on the hatch doesn't even have light in there. I guess I'll have to take it off to inspect and see if I can shake it out or suck it out using a vacuum. It's a pain in the a$$ to remove the hatch piece because I have to remove the plastic panels which are extremely fragile.

goodvibes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type R CBP
Country flag
The piece on the hatch doesn't even have light in there. I guess I'll have to take it off to inspect and see if I can shake it out or suck it out using a vacuum. It's a pain in the a$$ to remove the hatch piece because I have to remove the plastic panels which are extremely fragile.
Yeah you are right, I didn’t feel like taking off all the trim for lights that didn’t even light up so I left the red stock ones.

iLovePho

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CW CTR #2060
Country flag
Yeah the hatch pieces were a PITA to install. I need to replace the two rubber pieces above the handles since I put too much stress on them in order to pull the panel down.

VinRRR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
R16017
Country flag
Yeah you are right, I didn’t feel like taking off all the trim for lights that didn’t even light up so I left the red stock ones.
I didn't like the dummy light and tried leaving the OEM light on the hatch, but it didn't look right so I decided to put Mugen on. Also broke some clips while doing so. Those are so fragile.

Yeah the hatch pieces were a PITA to install. I need to replace the two rubber pieces above the handles since I put too much stress on them in order to pull the panel down.
Those are held up by 3 pins. I popped those out.

Last edited:

Warpspeed

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Evo8, EF Civic Si, and 2020 CW Civic Type R
Country flag
Sorry for my previous post about the quality of Depo who makes the taillight for Mugen. This what I just noticed after washing my car. It is the passenger side taillight. What a gap! I might just run a bead of clear silicone til I get my Mugen taillights.
Honda Civic 10th gen Mugen LED Tail Lights Tail_light[1]

Warpspeed

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Evo8, EF Civic Si, and 2020 CW Civic Type R
Country flag
It's the passenger side taillight on the bottom when you open the trunk. It doesn't even move when I press it down. Weird.

Z06Chris

First Name
C. Yi
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type-R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Sorry for my previous post about the quality of Depo who makes the taillight for Mugen. This what I just noticed after washing my car. It is the passenger side taillight. What a gap! I might just run a bead of clear silicone til I get my Mugen taillights.
Damn, so the mugen taillights are made in Taiwan?

ez12a

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 CW Type R
Country flag
Damn, so the mugen taillights are made in Taiwan?
Yep, you can see DEPO in the mold on the backside of the tail light.

Also had moisture issues in mine too (something that the OEM never did even though it's considered normal), but now that it's summer in socal i havent seen it since. Waiting for the winter to come back around to see if it comes back. After getting over that issue i'm happy with the lights.

Z06Chris

First Name
C. Yi
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type-R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Yep, you can see DEPO in the mold on the backside of the tail light.

Also had moisture issues in mine too (something that the OEM never did even though it's considered normal), but now that it's summer in socal i havent seen it since. Waiting for the winter to come back around to see if it comes back. After getting over that issue i'm happy with the lights.
Thanks for the heads up. I doubt another jdm brand will make a taillight but I'll have to wait and see.