Hi Rev Sports Tail Lights

oriali

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R CW
Country flag
Okay thanks for the feedback. I think I have an idea now how I am going to run my wires instead of using the loom they mention using. And again I plan to see if I can make better fitment. Overall though I like the look and function of these.

Edit; I ended up just wiring it through the main wiring loom leading into the hatch and it looks way cleaner and I don't have to worry about it leaking.
I remember reading that it's a PITA to open/route through the OEM loom... any tips on how you managed?

Funny you and I have pretty much the exact same experience with these lights. I noticed now after having them installed 3-4 months, that the Pass 1/4 panel mounted taillight does not sit perfect and causes tension on corner edge of the light, which is causing it to rub against the body and now missing some paint. Other side seems to fit perfect.

After a touchless car wash, I looked behind me while driving away and saw water dripping, I pulled over, opened the trunk and a whole bunch spilled out, but i think thats because the wire loom was sitting in between the two weatherstrips (Body and hatch) which caused the leak. I adjusted the loom and havent had the issue since.
Interesting point on the touchless car wash. How did your wire loom sit originally, and how did you adjust it?

With the full length running from the weather striping (where you pull up and shove the wire underneath) to the hatch body panel, the loom will "curl" up and be compressed - resulting in a part of it getting stuck 'inbetween' the hatch and the interior weather striping (if the hatch is fully closed, the loom will be compresed inbetween that and the hatch door). I couldn't find a solution to this other than to trim the length of the loom.
Sponsored

Volksparts

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 CTR, 17 TRD Tacoma, 2017 Wrangler, 2020 Avalon
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Any tips on wiring through OEM loom?
I cut and reconnected first off. But to get it through the loom I used silicone spray, tape, and nylon fish tape through harbor freight that I use to run wires with. Slid right through. The wiring is long enough even for that passenger light.

oriali

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R CW
Country flag
I cut and reconnected first off. But to get it through the loom I used silicone spray, tape, and nylon fish tape through harbor freight that I use to run wires with. Slid right through. The wiring is long enough even for that passenger light.
Ah okay. I see.

Update to my experience... I was out for a drive this weekend and a friend of mine told me my rear driver's side brake light was out.

I asked him to film it, and indeed it was out. Not just 1 or 2 LEDs, but the entire reverse light. The brake lights and turn signals are working fine.

I have not installed my replacement drivers side hatch light yet (haven't even had the time to pull the car apart). So not a scenario of damage during replacement, or shitty installation, etc.

This tells me either the PCB failed, or the soldering/wiring was crap and gave out.

Not very happy, will be contacting them (yet again) with video proof to see what they can do to help...

Volksparts

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Ah okay. I see.

Update to my experience... I was out for a drive this weekend and a friend of mine told me my rear driver's side brake light was out.

I asked him to film it, and indeed it was out. Not just 1 or 2 LEDs, but the entire reverse light. The brake lights and turn signals are working fine.

I have not installed my replacement drivers side hatch light yet (haven't even had the time to pull the car apart). So not a scenario of damage during replacement, or shitty installation, etc.

This tells me either the PCB failed, or the soldering/wiring was crap and gave out.

Not very happy, will be contacting them (yet again) with video proof to see what they can do to help...
Check the connector. The pins on it might not be lining up. I've seen this all to common on aftermarket lights. I did have to tweek one of the Connectors pins to line up straight. All is good after.

oriali

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R CW
Country flag
Check the connector. The pins on it might not be lining up. I've seen this all to common on aftermarket lights. I did have to tweek one of the Connectors pins to line up straight. All is good after.
So the lights were always working, it was just after a drive this weekend they stopped working.

I did exactly just that - took out the HRS reverse light connector from the stock harness, wiggled it, flipped the connectors, and the reverse lights started working again. Looks like the wiring had bad contact.

Wussymancer

First Name
Wilson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Hatchback Sport SonicPearl
Country flag
I got my pair of Hi Rev tail light on Saturday and upon inspecting there was a large red marking/dent on the bottom side of driver tail light. Trying to contact them through email with pictures and video but still have no gotten anything back from them for the past 4 days =( Take it usually take this long for them to reply back? I was looking forward installing it but of course i got the bad apple.

breakingakajav

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SGP FK8, 91 Miata, 19 X-trek
Country flag
I got my pair of Hi Rev tail light on Saturday and upon inspecting there was a large red marking/dent on the bottom side of driver tail light. Trying to contact them through email with pictures and video but still have no gotten anything back from them for the past 4 days =( Take it usually take this long for them to reply back? I was looking forward installing it but of course i got the bad apple.
I emailed them and got a response from them at least 1-2 times a day. [email protected]

If you send an email with a photo/video it *might* go to spam so be aware of that.

I also know a few people here used FB and they responded on there.

Wussymancer

First Name
Wilson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I emailed them and got a response from them at least 1-2 times a day. [email protected]

If you send an email with a photo/video it *might* go to spam so be aware of that.

I also know a few people here used FB and they responded on there.
I reply them thru the email confirmation email I got from them. I think it's the same email they use for communication. The pictures and video was too large so I just insert a Google drive link. Even after that I also send a follow up email to see if they got my first email, but still no reply back. I will try fb msg later but I doubt they will do anything. They will just tell me to send an email at info@ hires ports. Com ?

Volksparts

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I've been emailing them for the last couple months and usually it takes them a while to respond. The other way that I talk with them is through Instagram which during the day is easier to actually chat with them.

Wussymancer

First Name
Wilson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I've been emailing them for the last couple months and usually it takes them a while to respond. The other way that I talk with them is through Instagram which during the day is easier to actually chat with them.
You know what's funny I actually did that as well before you posted this. I guess now it is just the waiting game ? wish me luck

Volksparts

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
You know what's funny I actually did that as well before you posted this. I guess now it is just the waiting game ? wish me luck
So I had emailed them last weekend about lights for my other car and MK just responded back to me so I'm assuming that you will probably get response soon. I gave him a heads up that you are trying to reach him.

Wussymancer

First Name
Wilson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
So I had emailed them last weekend about lights for my other car and MK just responded back to me so I'm assuming that you will probably get response soon. I gave him a heads up that you are trying to reach him.
Thank you I really appreciated that. I got a reply back from someone on fb and said they got backed up with emails so they will look into in and get back to me as soon as they can. Just the waiting game now.

Wussymancer

First Name
Wilson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Just want to update everyone that I got a response back. My driver side Tail light replacement is on the way. Hopefully there won't be any more issues. I will keep you guys posted once I get my replacement and install. Thanks again volks for helping me out. In addition, they told me they are short on staff but they will definitely respond all their emails.

Update 6/28/20
Just want to update everyone on the replacement part i got back from HI Rev. The replacement part was much better than the one I got before. However, there are still some smudges stain on the inside of the tail light that cannot be remove with microfiber cloth. The install took me 2-3 hours but it was straight forward. The fitment was not so great on the driver side like some encounter on the forum. The driver tail light does not fully cover the side of the car where the bumper and tail light gap meet compared to OEM. Also the small winglet turn signal also have a small gap underneath as it doesn't fully flush the gap, I followed the install instruction on the FK8 forum to adjust the two outside bolt first then inside hex bolt, but It still has a small gap. Other than that that, passenger side fitment was pretty much spot on. So far no water leakage, but only time will tell if the plastic tube I bought from amazon will hold up. Overall, I am pleased with the product and the customer service from Hi Res and would recommend them if anyone looking to upgrade their tail lights.
Sponsored

Last edited: