Has anybody purchased HFP Side Spoilers in a different color than their model?

Joev492

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Country flag
Hi all, considering purchasing HFP Side underbody spoilers in Rallye Red. Has anybody done this before, or have you seen pictures of this?

I don't believe this car uses the HFP spoilers, but I'm looking to emulate the look:

Honda Civic 10th gen Has anybody purchased HFP Side Spoilers in a different color than their model? 9a17141f-0028-4189-8ae8-d7f20cc0fc74_1.af5d545a80d338f261dd9f90438b4fb9
Sponsored

jimmyreal

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Civic Si sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
What’s the benefit of the under spoilers? Or is it just cosmetic.

madchiller

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
in order to emulate that look you'd want to buy a side splitter rather than the whole HFP side skirt. you'd ruin the whole look of the car by ordering a different color.

KOIVUN1

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Si CBP
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
In theory they -side skirts, front splitter, rear diffuser, canards- provide downforce, however, most people that have these modifications aren't utilizing them as they don't reach often enough the speeds at which these mods are effective, so they're mainly for cosmetic, but I agree they do look cool.

OP
OP
Joev492

Joev492

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Country flag
Yeah doing it for the cosmetics. Just double checked all the parts. It's too bad the hatchbacks seem to get the best oem cosmetic support...

OP
OP
Joev492

Joev492

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Country flag
Well maybe we'll get Si hatchback for 2022 model year seeing as they're taking away the coupe :p

jimmyreal

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Civic Si sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Well maybe we'll get Si hatchback for 2022 model year seeing as they're taking away the coupe :p
I don't have high hopes that Honda will suddenly realize there's a market for a hot hatch that falls between "tuned commuter" and "road-legal track car" that isn't going to hurt their CTR sales.

I've seen plenty of posts on here wishing the Si was a bit hotter, I've never seen a post wishing the CTR was less track ready.

OP
OP
Joev492

Joev492

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Country flag
I don't have high hopes that Honda will suddenly realize there's a market for a hot hatch that falls between "tuned commuter" and "road-legal track car" that isn't going to hurt their CTR sales.

I've seen plenty of posts on here wishing the Si was a bit hotter, I've never seen a post wishing the CTR was less track ready.
Good point. I really like the CTR, it's aesthetics are just a bit too aggressive for my tastes.

jimmyreal

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Civic Si sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Good point. I really like the CTR, it's aesthetics are just a bit too aggressive for my tastes.
If they'd let us option the Si the same as the Accord I would've happily paid another $4,600 just for the 2.0T @ 252hp. I don't have a garage, it'll be 1-2 years before I get mine built, and I'm ok driveway parking a $30,000 Civic, but not a rarity like a CTR.

I agree it looks a bit, extra, at least for a guy who's pushing 40.
Sponsored