Anybody else have gear whine with their hasport mounts?

Ronny2019

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Si Coupe
Country flag
I can’t say anything other than “pulse” or “heartbeat” to describe it unfortunately. I guess it’d be similar to a RPM surge but, no change in the actual RPM’s. Sorry that I can’t provide a better description. Happens every few seconds if I hold throttle position & speed.
Does it feel like you are on and off the gas like when slow rolling through a parking lot with barley any gas? I hope it is not the 4th gear giving up on you. I think I get that feeling in 3rd gear at times at around 3000 rpms but if I give it gas she boogies smoothly so I just figure it is just vibrations from the road/motor etc ?? I guess we shall see in the long run but I have been feeling this on and off for a few months now and no performance issues when I think it's happening. Good luck with it and just enjoy it. at first I was scared to drive the car aggressively but after driving in map 1 for a few weeks I was reading here guys with the same set up beating it in the 3rd map with no issues now I really enjoy this car
Sponsored

OP
OP
Spence

Spence

First Name
Spence
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
10th gen civic SI
Country flag
Does it feel like you are on and off the gas like when slow rolling through a parking lot with barley any gas? I hope it is not the 4th gear giving up on you. I think I get that feeling in 3rd gear at times at around 3000 rpms but if I give it gas she boogies smoothly so I just figure it is just vibrations from the road/motor etc ?? I guess we shall see in the long run but I have been feeling this on and off for a few months now and no performance issues when I think it's happening. Good luck with it and just enjoy it. at first I was scared to drive the car aggressively but after driving in map 1 for a few weeks I was reading here guys with the same set up beating it in the 3rd map with no issues now I really enjoy this car

I'm really hating my car rn, the chasing the smoke at startup issue has been the terrible adventure lol. Got the turbo and dp off but yea feeling like I want to sell my car atm. I feel modding this car with a tune was a mistake. My opinion may change if I can fix it.

Well its in 1st when going down my driveway, its like 1st -4th at between 1000 and 3000rpm then it goes away any rpm after that, its very very slight.

A stupid experiment I could do, is put the stock mounts back on wouldn't be worth the trouble.

lowlife.drew

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si sedan
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
I wouldn’t say it’s that aggressive/jerky feeling. Really leaning on it being my mounts being bad (minus the 27Won RMM). I doubt it’s gears since I just replaced my transmission & clutch/flywheel.
I have other issues I have to deal with now too, so it’s just chasing crap around at this point. Gotta do some datalogs tonight cause my car’s running super rich & misfiring, hoping it’s just an injector. FBO & W1 for a while now, just switched to flex fuel beginning of this year and now my car wants to keep throwing curveballs

Ronny2019

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Si Coupe
Country flag
I wouldn’t say it’s that aggressive/jerky feeling. Really leaning on it being my mounts being bad (minus the 27Won RMM). I doubt it’s gears since I just replaced my transmission & clutch/flywheel.
I have other issues I have to deal with now too, so it’s just chasing crap around at this point. Gotta do some datalogs tonight cause my car’s running super rich & misfiring, hoping it’s just an injector. FBO & W1 for a while now, just switched to flex fuel beginning of this year and now my car wants to keep throwing curveballs
Ohhh flex fuel you should have upgraded your head studs. I hope it is not a head gasket giving you the issue. When I switched to the GC+ Turbo I went 93 instead of flex because I do not have them either Good luck

Ronny2019

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Si Coupe
Country flag
I'm really hating my car rn, the chasing the smoke at startup issue has been the terrible adventure lol. Got the turbo and dp off but yea feeling like I want to sell my car atm. I feel modding this car with a tune was a mistake. My opinion may change if I can fix it.

Well its in 1st when going down my driveway, its like 1st -4th at between 1000 and 3000rpm then it goes away any rpm after that, its very very slight.

A stupid experiment I could do, is put the stock mounts back on wouldn't be worth the trouble.
It's not that hard to do the mounts it should take you an hour just get your jack under there with a block of wood and do one side at a time. Then you will truly know. That is haw I have been feeling but then when I spanked a 396 charger 2 times it makes me want to keep it like this lol

lowlife.drew

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si sedan
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Ohhh flex fuel you should have upgraded your head studs. I hope it is not a head gasket giving you the issue. When I switched to the GC+ Turbo I went 93 instead of flex because I do not have them either Good luck
HOPING FOR THE BEST!! That’s all I can say. I haven’t had any of the typical head gasket issues as far as thick clouds or losing any coolant from the reservoir. Decided to throw a full tank of 93 with some VP Octanium and my STFT went down a lot. Hoping it’s an injector at the worst, but really hoping it’s just due to me running on the KTuner W1 basemap. Valves don’t look bent. Have a head gasket on hand just in case 😂 plan on getting E-tuned within the next few weeks, maybe that’ll take care of my issues, along with my blown engine side mount lol

Ronny2019

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Si Coupe
Country flag
HOPING FOR THE BEST!! That’s all I can say. I haven’t had any of the typical head gasket issues as far as thick clouds or losing any coolant from the reservoir. Decided to throw a full tank of 93 with some VP Octanium and my STFT went down a lot. Hoping it’s an injector at the worst, but really hoping it’s just due to me running on the KTuner W1 basemap. Valves don’t look bent. Have a head gasket on hand just in case 😂 plan on getting E-tuned within the next few weeks, maybe that’ll take care of my issues, along with my blown engine side mount lol
Nice but be careful with octanium or any octane booster not good for our platform. People have blown their engine using boosters a gal and a half of e85 per fill should work and is much safer imo but i am not a mechanic i just know what has been working for my si build. I also know what didn't work lol

Ronny2019

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Si Coupe
Country flag

I chased a noise and a vibration for almost 6 months till I said drop the front pipe because that is when the noise started I got my front and rear sway bars replaced along with turbo hvdp/fp master and mounts at the same time and had this noise over bumps at startup when between 3200-3700rpms just to find it was the fp all along something inside it thanks prl they did a warrantee replacement so I know the feeling good luck

Chris_19Si

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Country flag
I upgraded all 3 of my mounts to Hasport 82a a while ago when I had a stock trans. Gear noise was very prominent at idle and in neutral, and was low level under load. Didn't hear anything once road noise and NVH from chassis/interior picked up. I have since modified one of my transmissions to CAPTS 3rd and 4th gears, and have 5th gear coming in the mail. The gear whine is very prominent, especially under load. The gear whine might not be so loud on stock mounts, but if you are breaking gears like me, you are likely to already have upgraded mounts.

From memory, there shouldn't be much gear noise from a stock trans at speed. If there is gear noise at speed, and loud enough to hear over all the other background noise, I would say that is suspicious. Some people have heard gear noise before their gears let go. My gears just pop. I never got a warning. For peace of mind, I would invest in a couple of CAPTS gears and enjoy the relief of knowing your trans is safe. I have been banging gears like a teenager every since my upgrade, and love driving my car again. They install like stock gears, but you need to calibrate the speedometer if you change 3rd. For as much money as we put into building power, move a little cash over to the transmission. You can buy just one or more gears at whatever ratios you want. Much more flexible than buying PPG. Better to do it before you have damage.
Sponsored