Has anyone found out top speed in their Si?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kerrmoney

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si FC3 Modern Steel, 89 CRX Si, 93 Integra LS, 06 HHR
I got 5th almost topped out last night and was shocked to find there's still more to be had! So I was curious if anyone has made it to redline in 5th and let 6th eat to see what it'll do.

I let out at 130mph in 5th gear with around 500 rpms left in that gear.(closed road, with professional driver in "Mexico")

Anyone been braver in their Si???
Sponsored

WOPSiWOT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
It is governor limited to 137 and you can get there in 5th, so you were close. Someone could do the math to figure a theoretical top speed without the limiter. I don’t see much reason to find this out in practice unless you like putting yourself and others in potentially mortal danger. Try getting your quarter miles down on a closed course rather than endangering others on the highway. The feeling of acceleration is the exhilarating thing. A Corolla can do 130 if you give it enough pavement.

MattyNice

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I’ve been to a 100 or so and that’s it. Not scared of the speed, scared of the ticket, going to jail, and the higher insurance for several years. I personally don’t take issue with people doing it on an open highway and is cold stone sober.

Robotaz

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R
Country flag
I’ve been to a 100 or so and that’s it. Not scared of the speed, scared of the ticket, going to jail, and the higher insurance for several years. I personally don’t take issue with people doing it on an open highway and is cold stone sober.
You should live somewhere with a speed limit of “reasonable and prudent”. Then you don’t have to worry about anything other than animals on the road.

kshawn

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
156mph, 6th gear, off the rev limiter.I was on a stage 2 ktuner base map

kshawn

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
No problem! It was a blast. It didn't feel out of control either. Smooth as butter. And that was on the stock AS tires. Tho those are rated for like 140mph so little risky in that sense. But I backed right off the second I found the limit. I got to that speed much quicker than I thought I would.

OP
OP
kerrmoney

kerrmoney

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si FC3 Modern Steel, 89 CRX Si, 93 Integra LS, 06 HHR
No problem! It was a blast. It didn't feel out of control either. Smooth as butter. And that was on the stock AS tires. Tho those are rated for like 140mph so little risky in that sense. But I backed right off the second I found the limit. I got to that speed much quicker than I thought I would.
Yeah tires on mine are brand new eagle f1's(well 3k on em now). I was surprised how quick and smooth I got to 130 for being stock as a rock. I could have safety pushed harder, but prior to going WOT, I told myself 130mph was my back out speed. I love this car so much!! Best daily ever!!!

babinjm

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
I just broke 1500 Miles so I got her up to 105 didn’t push it past that for time being.

Fathomless

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic SI / 2018 Honda Pilot
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I hit 142 with stock setup on a long interstate stretch of downhill road. (Perfect setup, not a car in sight for miles).

Surprisingly it had way more to give and did not feel out of control at all. The difference between my SI and my previous 2016 EXT was night and day.

In the EXT I was able to hit 130s easy, but felt very dangerous and slippery.

Micah

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Si 4DR FlashPro +9psi (3k-14k) Ktuner TSP Stage 1(14k-30k+) '17 Traverse LT AWD
Country flag
Crazy driveline stress doing high speed in overdriven gears......

Would everyone kindly do us a favor and share your VIN's so that future buyers can avoid buying the stressed vehicles? :)

kidding..... sort of

randomisjustfine

First Name
Tadas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
138 stock, 150 @ 5700~ in 6th gear with vits stage 1. Ran out of track, could of get to 160 I think.

Fathomless

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Crazy driveline stress doing high speed in overdriven gears......

Would everyone kindly do us a favor and share your VIN's so that future buyers can avoid buying the stressed vehicles? :)

kidding..... sort of
Come on now. Operating a vehicle within engineer defined operating specifications isn't harmful!

Fathomless

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Understand completely, but at the end of the day engineers specifically designated and designed this car to drive at these speeds (otherwise it wouldn't ship as capable).

If they mistated the capabilities of the car that is on them. It's not like your warranty can be revoked because you went over 90 or something.

Of course extreme circumstances introduce extreme wear. That is just common sense. I think almost everyone in this forum that drives aggressively understands this and is making an informed decision.

I may have had it at 140, but by no means do I do that on a regular basis. (Just when I need to put some ford focus in check)
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.