mehrdad

First Name
Mehrdad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Volvo XC60, 2018 CTR
Country flag
I'm having this issue but the dealer isn't allowed to drive my car. I already watched them take my traded si for joy rides like a train before I drove off with this R. Guess I'll go ask nicely for a new sensor to be put on.
Well, why would you go to a dealer who does this? I would just go for some other dealer,

And interesting is that after more than a month I had a chance to be with my CTR for a full week, and no warning light at all!
Sponsored

jackal

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1.5 T 10th gen
Country flag
i had this issue too, its a faulty sensor most likely, the dealership changed my sensor under warranty and ive not had it since.
Its fairly common tbh, at least 3 others i know had their sensor changed.
FK8_8220 i went to other Honda dealer again because i got the indicator once more and told me that they can not change the sensor under warranty because it is not reported on diagnostic test of PCM. How your dealer came up that it's faulty and covered with warranty?Do you have any info that could help or phone/mail of your dealer?
Thanks

Wabby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Cr-z
Country flag
I haven't got mine replaced either.
But what Honda did instead was that they sent a huge list og things the dealer had to do with my car and report back to Honda.
Two days work at the dealership.
Day one: remove all plastic covers under car and take a million pictures.
Day two: pull out data while engine was cold, when it got warmer and when temperature was normal. Also they had to drive in certain gears and RPM and pull out data at the same time.

Dunno if my car was just a "pick" from Honda which they decided to use for getting all this information.... But now I'm just waiting for getting a response back from Honda and my dealership.

fatherpain

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 CTR - CW, 1996 Honda Accord EX coupe
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Honda Civic 10th gen got the low oil warning twice!!! 4CDD0C41-67E0-47E8-A645-3A9C24F690A1

Let the car sit for (3) minutes...Pull and dry the dipstick. Reinsert then pull again to read. Level should be at this green line. 5.7 quarts

OneSickFK8

Banned
Banned
First Name
Jae
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PMM FK8
Country flag
4CDD0C41-67E0-47E8-A645-3A9C24F690A1.jpeg

Let the car sit for (3) minutes...Pull and dry the dipstick. Reinsert then pull again to read. Level should be at this green line. 5.7 quarts
Exactly where mine is. AMS Oil change last week.

san44

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR CW
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Not sure why people complain about the dipstick so much. If the level of the oil is anywhere between the two holes, you are good. Meaning that the hole closer to the tip should have oil inside, and the other hole that is higher should be empty. It’s not that hard to see it.

jackal

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1.5 T 10th gen
Country flag
San44 that is correct.
We are talking about a faulty oil level sensor which costs about 110€ but it should get under warranty.
Wabby my Honda waits response from Honda Europe how to handle it. But I read in some members here have changed the sensor

Ponch

First Name
Francois
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Honda Civic EX 1.8l
Country flag
Has anyone found a solution to the oil level warning and Aladin's light coming on erratically? My car civic spent 4 weeks at the dealer, and still no solution. Nothing to do with oil level, nor oil pressure switch. They suspected oil strainer; I dropped the oil pan and found a perfectly operating strainer. When Aladin's light turns on, a clicking noise appears in the valve/oil pump area; raising RPM to 3k consistently resets the light, gets rid of clicking noise, but often not for long.

kostantine

First Name
Kostantine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic 1.5T CVT
Country flag
same here, several hard accelerations while cruising at 120 km/h - guaranteed oil level warning. what I did notice after certain oil changes it never came up, after some does regularly. suspect the overfill.

Honda Civic 10th gen got the low oil warning twice!!! IMG_20200525_123159

sguler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Sport Plus
Country flag
hello all.

I got the 1.5t CVT model last February. and 5 days ago, I took the car for a road trip first time.
after driving around 3 hours I took a break for around 40 min.
When I hit back to road, maybe 5 min later, I got the yellow oil level low indicator.
I stopped the car and waited for around 10 min, to check the engine oil and the level was good, and warning never came back. I drove the car to the limiter, which is around 128mph. I suspect this happens when I do it for high speeds for a longer periods.

and it happened again exact same way on my way back home.

as many of you said, I suspect it is the sensor for oil issue. but this is so weird and scary to get a warning when you are doing over 100.

anybody found the issue? or is this just the way it is.

ps. I miss my EP3.

Drejc

First Name
Drejc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CIVIC 2019
hello all.

I got the 1.5t CVT model last February. and 5 days ago, I took the car for a road trip first time.
after driving around 3 hours I took a break for around 40 min.
When I hit back to road, maybe 5 min later, I got the yellow oil level low indicator.
I stopped the car and waited for around 10 min, to check the engine oil and the level was good, and warning never came back. I drove the car to the limiter, which is around 128mph. I suspect this happens when I do it for high speeds for a longer periods.

and it happened again exact same way on my way back home.

as many of you said, I suspect it is the sensor for oil issue. but this is so weird and scary to get a warning when you are doing over 100.

anybody found the issue? or is this just the way it is.

ps. I miss my EP3.
Hello,

I got a 1.5 CVT as well and got the same yellow oil level low indicator while driving at high speed on the highway. After stopping for a minute the warning didn't came up again and oil level is good. Did you finally solve the issues. Is it the oil sensor?

cryptolime

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Si
Country flag
Book states to check the oil within 3 minutes of shutting the car off. My dealer recommended 1 minute. Explanation was the oil level should be full while driving and not sitting cold. It also states that slightly higher level is "normal in certain situations"..... but book doesn't explain what those situations are
my manual says to wait at LEAST 3 minutes before checking oil. you are doing it wrong.
Sponsored