Funny Comments People Have Made About Your Car

Shankmeyster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The best is when younger people say "You can't use that word/phrase. You're too old." I am guilty of doing it when I was younger and now I see why it's annoying as fuck.

ShuJam

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Sport Touring Hatchback
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Not really funny, but made me feel good, was a guy driving a black sedan pointed at my sonic grey hatch while filling up at the gas station, and said, "Wow! Is that the stock color? Looks cool!"

And a coworker said to me, "I had a Civic once. It's too light, and caused me to get into an accident in the winter." In the same breath, she also says, "I don't need winter tires." Well, apparently you do! She also says, "Only a V6 is any good in the snow, because they are heavy." She drives a CR-V.

Lukifer

First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
I usually hear, "That's a Civic?!"
Thats what i hear the most, too.

When i first got it, this guy at work wanted to see it so i took him outside and opened the doors and he said "It looks like a jet fighter!" Then he went around back and said "Whats that?" and pointed at the HDMI and i just laughed and said "thats the exhaust outlet". He liked it all except for that, lol.

Last edited:

civicdabest-foo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic x 1.5L turbo CVT
Country flag
In 2017 some good Samaritans intercepted a shady looking character seemingly about to use some mechanical device on my Touring sedan which was parked in a secluded corner of a parking lot.

When the Samaritans left and the shady character was beside my car, she said "that's a sweet ride."

I thought, thank you, but, it's just a Civic.

You see, the 10th gen Civic is a leap ahead of the 9th generation and truly stands out, even now, now that these things are becoming more common on the road.

messenio

First Name
Tevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Country flag
I was walking with a group of friends in Atlanta, after we had just parked across the street. I notice this couple walking towards us, about to pass in the opposite direction, and the guy points at my car and exclaims "look at that Lamborghini Honda over there across the street." I was very confised for a second.

n2da2nd

It's Senor Bane to ya
First Name
Nam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
"That is the type R. Look at the exhaust"
"Is that the new Civic hatchback?"
Mostly just head turns until I told them that they can come closer and take a look, the car won't bite.

Dis4Damion

First Name
Damion
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda CR-V Touring AWD
Country flag
"Is that the Type R?"

"It's just a Honda."

I was seriously asked this: "Is that the new WRX?"

bunbao

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback EX-L
Country flag
i haven't received any comments on the car from strangers since owning it for 2 yrs already... now thats funny!

First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' Honda Civic Hatch
Country flag
The first day I got my civic hatch sport I pulled up to a group of my friends and a couple people I sort of knew but not really. One guy was dead set that it was the type r. He told my I had built in boost gauges and all kinds of crazy stuff and I told him if he could find all the crazy features than it must be a type r. After about 5 minutes of him flipping through the controls he finally realized it wasn’t the type r :)

demoPEng

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Sedan, 2014 Ninja 300 SE
Country flag
One knob at my work genuinely asked why I didn't pony up for one that changes gears on it's own... he doesn't get cars.

I have had a lot of people ask me if the wheels are stock (they are).
I don't count the compliments from people who I've given rides too since they probably feel obligated to compliment since they know it's my new toy.

Oh and lots of people have noted that the door closing sound is very luxurious lol.

markc72

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Hatchback EX-L w/NAVI
Country flag
I just had an older couple in their 60's say he really liked the car the day I drove it home. Haven't had any other comments since back in April.

angel.torres

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Red 2016 civic ex
Country flag
When I first got it back in 2016 I got many compliments. Many would be mind blown when I told them it was a civic. Their usual response would be I thought it was the accord because it is so big. Now a days I get nothing, maybe because in California 2 out of 5 are a 10th gen civic
Sponsored