First Name
Robby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Touring Rallye Red
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I need to post pix of my car but I added the Honda Access black sport kit to my red touring sedan and I always get asked if it’s a Type R now lol.
Sponsored

silverrascal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX hatch
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Recently, I was at a car wash and as I pulled into the drying and vacuum area I saw an older dude driving a Mk6 GTI. I have a ‘19 hatch EX. I once had a Mk5 GTI and still a fan of VWs. Anyway, we’re side by side drying off our cars. I look over at him and say, “nice ride.” He does even pause or acknowledge my comment. I think he doesn’t hear me. Whatever. Then when I went to rinse off my chamois he walks up and I say it again. And again, he doesn’t acknowledge my comment. Okay.... so either he was deaf or a douche. Lol.

But after he drives off, another older guy pulls up in a clean 9th gen Civic Coupe EX. He almost immediately walks up and compliments my ride. I return the favor and we spent a few minutes talking about our Civics. Made my day especially after the jerk in the GTI.

Weeks

First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
"What color is that thing?" Every.Day.
I just looked through your album, that is some really cool stuff! I might want to replicate your work down here in GA once my '19 Si gets a little older and the paint a little longer in the tooth.

Snoopyslr

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T, 2016 Ford F-150, 2003 Subaru Impreza WRX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I just looked through your album, that is some really cool stuff! I might want to replicate your work down here in GA once my '19 Si gets a little older and the paint a little longer in the tooth.
Thanks, but the beauty of wraps is that it protects your paint. My car has only been un-dipped for about 4 months since I've owned it. The paint under all that is flawless, zero scratches or chips anywhere.

Captaindicki

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si Coupe (sold)
Country flag
Long time Mercedes and previous Acura owner at car wash compliments and asks if Si was $50k. He loved it

1981CBX

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Touring Coupe (owned) 2018 Accord base model (leased) 1981 Honda CBX motorcycle
Country flag
I don't get so many comments as I do stupid looks, mostly from younger women who see this old round head driving it. But, I just laugh it off. They didn't crawl under the thing to shag the three welded bolts off the exhaust manifold to hang the cat back exhaust, they didn't mount the aftermarket intercooler, they didn't rip the OEM airbox out to mount the cold air intake, they didn't lose skin off their knuckles mounting the aftermarket oil cooler and they sure as sh%t didn't fabricate the brackets, run the wires and troubleshoot the bad factory relay from Hella when I hung the two sets of Hella horns off the bumper. I have no idea who they call to change the oil in their car, rotate the tires or perform simple maintenance or repairs on their vehicle, probably their daddy. But, it is funny when they complain about their 7,000 dollar engine or transmission swap out because their inability to follow a maintenance schedule cost them water in their oil or transmission fluid in their radiator.

Honda Civic 10th gen Funny Comments People Have Made About Your Car Honda civic touring coupe

Last edited:

flashcash

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic EX-L
Country flag
I was thinking the same thing. It’s like saying “I got out of the car and a guy wearing a Timex watch came to me right away, looked at the car and asked:
- are you married ?”

It’s like WTF does that have to do with anything? :dunno:
Lol. I was like “WTF?” when I read that.

It would be hilarious if that guy went on a car forum that he belongs and started a post with, “Today I saw this white boy driving a Civic...”

civicdabest-foo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic x 1.5L turbo CVT
Country flag
A would be thief who was caught in the act with my ex 1.5L Touring sedan looked at me and said "that's a sweet looking ride for sure." This was back in 2018 when there weren't as many of these on the road as there are today.

krees

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R & 2020 Ridgeline BE
Country flag
Took the r to Orlando (business conference for the week) and on the way over, I stopped at a station to fuel up and a dude came up to me and asked, skeptically, if it was real. I told him it's authentic and he got really excited and started chatting.

Later in the same day, I pulled up under the overhang at the Rosen Center in Orlando to check in (convention venue) and someone immediately started taking pictures of the car (mentioned that he snaps cars his 14 y/o son would like) and then asked if it was ok. My colleague (and his wife), who I picked up from the airport, were a little weirded out by the attention but I've grown accustomed to it.

ablueSI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic SI Sedan
Country flag
I've had a few:

Lady at the donut shop yesterday.
Her: "Is that your Honda?"
Me: Yes it is
Her: "Accord right?"
Me: Nope, Civic Si. They're huge now, I know.
Her: "Ah, Si Si Si...my cousin had one of those...he traded it for a Prius and cries whenever he sees an Si on the road."

Good friend of mine said "your car is growling" when I was reversing.

Homeless dude yelled "that's a pretty car!!!"

When I first got it and parked in my apartment complex, almost all of my neighbors -- many whom I've never talked to before -- came up to me and asked me about it.
Sponsored