front window loud creaking noise when closed...?

elykoj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic
Country flag
I have a 2016 Touring , my drivers front window when closed makes a really high pitch creaking noise over all bumps in road. Its very annoying but still works without issue. If i lower it down a bit it goes away, or if i put pressure on the glass with my hand it goes away too. Any idea what this could be caused from? Think maybe it just needs to be lubed somewhere ? Obviously I would need to remove the door panel to do that?
Sponsored

Doc_Mello

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CBP Si Coupe
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I might try this: roll the window down to access the upper edge of the glass. Then, place a tiny bit of white lithium grease along that upper ridge, making sure to coat about 1/4" down the sides of the glass. Afterward, roll the window all the way up, then down and up a couple of times. Then, roll all the way up, and wipe any excess off of the glass.

Take it for a drive, and see if that helps. If so, do the other windows, just in case.

If not, report back! GL!

OP
OP

elykoj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic
Country flag
I might try this: roll the window down to access the upper edge of the glass. Then, place a tiny bit of white lithium grease along that upper ridge, making sure to coat about 1/4" down the sides of the glass. Afterward, roll the window all the way up, then down and up a couple of times. Then, roll all the way up, and wipe any excess off of the glass.

Take it for a drive, and see if that helps. If so, do the other windows, just in case.

If not, report back! GL!
so i sprayed the lithium grease into the upper gap where the window rolls into, and that worked great and no more noise. Very little has actually gotten on the glass and its been almost a week. thanks man
Sponsored