Creaking Noise When Decelerating with Minimal Brake Pressure

kestrel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring SGP
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I currently have ~42K KM on my 2018 Civic Hatch Sport Touring and I recently noticed that when decelerating with very light brake pressure (e.g.: approaching a stop sign from a distance), there is a creaking sound coming from the front of the car. In addition, the same creaking sound occurs when turning the steering wheel lock-to-lock.

I've double checked the torque on my upper strut mount and my wheels so far, but the sound still persists. Has anyone experienced/solved this problem?

Video of Creaking Noise
Sponsored

OP
OP
kestrel

kestrel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Anyone?

Ricardowelch

First Name
Ricardo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic
Country flag
I currently have ~42K KM on my 2018 Civic Hatch Sport Touring and I recently noticed that when decelerating with very light brake pressure (e.g.: approaching a stop sign from a distance), there is a creaking sound coming from the front of the car. If you want to buy best pex crimping tool, just visit AutoGuysLand to review their post about this item. In addition, the same creaking sound occurs when turning the steering wheel lock-to-lock.

I've double checked the torque on my upper strut mount and my wheels so far, but the sound still persists. Has anyone experienced/solved this problem?

Video of Creaking Noise
Try to check your power steering fluid. It could be low and cause this issue.

saiko21

First Name
Sai
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan (Sold) , 2005 Toyota Corolla (Sold)
Country flag
Try to check your power steering fluid. It could be low and cause this issue.
:confused1: :lol: dude civic is electric power steering. I don't know where you have seen power steering fluid reservoir

saiko21

First Name
Sai
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan (Sold) , 2005 Toyota Corolla (Sold)
Country flag
Check your swaybar linkages and ball joints just to be safe. Also, Axles might be a culprit.

The dumbest problem would be the brake metallic spring might need some adjustment which may be scraping or shaking in the brake caliper assembly which is easiest and cheapest fix

OP
OP
kestrel

kestrel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
In case anyone has the same issue - the culprit was the brake pads burning in on the rotor.

Honda Civic 10th gen Creaking Noise When Decelerating with Minimal Brake Pressure 5lB3BRb

Honda Civic 10th gen Creaking Noise When Decelerating with Minimal Brake Pressure C5R2Me

The problem has been solved with a new set of pads/rotors.
Honda Civic 10th gen Creaking Noise When Decelerating with Minimal Brake Pressure BMLwDuY

@that_1redcivic

First Name
Milly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport (CVT)
Country flag
Having the same exact issue, did everything correctly installing new pads and rotors and getting this sound again. Any ideas? Front sway bar bushings? It sounds like this but worse than what OP was having.
Sponsored