OP
nickname

nickname

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic Touring
Country flag
I believe they are on regular. I can still use LKAS and get the pinball effect.
Pin ball effect?

LKA and ACC are two totally different Controller Area Networks. A radar malfunction will affect cruise control, braking, etc.
Sponsored

FK7Build

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Country flag
Pin ball effect?

LKA and ACC are two totally different Controller Area Networks. A radar malfunction will affect cruise control, braking, etc.
Pinball effect = the steering wheel input will bounce between the left side of the lane and the right side of the lane.

I understand the LKAS to be used by the camera whereas the ACC is utilized by both, the camera and the radar. Will be tackling all of this in the morning and Tuesday.

Some pages from where I am getting my understand:
Honda Civic 10th gen Front radar calibration DIY? pg.26
Honda Civic 10th gen Front radar calibration DIY? pg.99
Honda Civic 10th gen Front radar calibration DIY? pg.477
Honda Civic 10th gen Front radar calibration DIY? pg.479
Honda Civic 10th gen Front radar calibration DIY? pg.486
Honda Civic 10th gen Front radar calibration DIY? pg.495

OP
OP
nickname

nickname

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic Touring
Country flag
Pinball effect = the steering wheel input will bounce between the left side of the lane and the right side of the lane.

I understand the LKAS to be used by the camera whereas the ACC is utilized by both, the camera and the radar. Will be tackling all of this in the morning and Tuesday.

Some pages from where I am getting my understand:
pg.26.png
pg.99.png
pg.477.png
pg.479.png
pg.486.png
pg.495.png
hum
I guess things changed from 2016 to 2018
my ACC, CMBS and LKAS only works 45+mph (stops at 95mph - but only in mexico (; )
and the camera is not integrated with CMBS at all

I was taught this at TSTC studying automotive.... "once you start modifying your car, you become the chief engineer."

since then, I've only used OEM, even for bumper covers...... which my car has had 4 so far, 3 hoods, 1 fender

I digress.

Keep us posted if you take in it or if you figure it out yourself.

FK7Build

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Country flag
hum
I guess things changed from 2016 to 2018
my ACC, CMBS and LKAS only works 45+mph (stops at 95mph - but only in mexico (; )
and the camera is not integrated with CMBS at all

I was taught this at TSTC studying automotive.... "once you start modifying your car, you become the chief engineer."

since then, I've only used OEM, even for bumper covers...... which my car has had 4 so far, 3 hoods, 1 fender

I digress.

Keep us posted if you take in it or if you figure it out yourself.
You have no idea...well actually it seems like you do. I had it at the dealer for over 48 hours and it drove me nuts when they came back with first "you need a new camera" to "actually you need a new radar" to "oh you have an aftermarket bumper so that's a no no". I just need their tools that I can't access. Is that too much to ask?

After learning about these newer model vehicles nowadays, OEM seems to be unavoidable in a lot of these areas.

I was just curious how much it cost you so I know where I have grounds to discuss pricing and whatnot.

Just paid $250 for a 15 minute "software update" to "fix" my oil dilution problem (3 years late to the TSB ---> drained 5.4quarts in my last oil change).

SO yeah, I'll try to figure something out.

I guess there's always "Part it out".

No. Never on a Honda haha

Thanks for the help. You've been awesome.

OP
OP
nickname

nickname

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic Touring
Country flag
You have no idea...well actually it seems like you do. I had it at the dealer for over 48 hours and it drove me nuts when they came back with first "you need a new camera" to "actually you need a new radar" to "oh you have an aftermarket bumper so that's a no no". I just need their tools that I can't access. Is that too much to ask?

After learning about these newer model vehicles nowadays, OEM seems to be unavoidable in a lot of these areas.

I was just curious how much it cost you so I know where I have grounds to discuss pricing and whatnot.

Just paid $250 for a 15 minute "software update" to "fix" my oil dilution problem (3 years late to the TSB ---> drained 5.4quarts in my last oil change).

SO yeah, I'll try to figure something out.

I guess there's always "Part it out".

No. Never on a Honda haha

Thanks for the help. You've been awesome.
That's why they're called stealerships lol

Jjakef96

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic Sport Hatchback
Country flag
Any updates on this? I installed an aftermarket intercooler and cruise control doesn't work at all. It did for maybe 15 miles after completion but now it's completely dead. I had a U0104 code that I cleared hoping it would fix the problem but now it looks like the radar detector may need replaced? I am not a fan of dealerships and would like to avoid as much as possible.

Snailspool

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 FC1, 2019 FC4, 2010EVO X, 1998 Eagle Talon
Old thread, but I have information to solve this.

My 2019 Coupe was in a off road maneuver by the previous owner. After clearing all codes, I drove it for about 10 miles before a new code popped up saying that the radar alignment and visual camera were not agreeing with each other, Due to the Radar being jostled, and that would not allow me to use LKAS or ACC.

I purchased a stand and radar aimer from ebay USA STOCK Radar Aiming Reflector Target ADAS Calibration Tool For Honda Toyota | eBay and with aiming using my Autel MK808 scantool, I was able to get the Radar within the 0.1 degree range that it Requires. You have to be very precise. Its worked now for two hundred miles, and I expect it to continue to work, with no pinballing or issues. There are videos on YouTube that help, but the premise is this:

Z axis-The focal point of the tool must be exactly 22 MM above the bottom of the radar. I used a 4-way laser level and math to find this.

X axis-The focal point must be 4M (4000MM) from the center point of the front wheels. I used chalk line, 4-way laser level, and Measuring tape to figure this out.

Y axis- The focal point for the tool must be squarely in front of the Radar. To be able to figure this point out, you use the box you built with chalk lines and figure out the distance of offset from center of the vehicle or from the chalk line edge you made to the radar. If you have some construction skills, it helps to build your box to make sure it's a true square.

I figured X, then Y, then Z. You can use a 3.5 MM hex socket (I barely got away with a 5mm Etorx) to adjust the vertical and horizontal adjuster on the radar, but I also had to carefully bend the Radar mount to get it even in the ballpark.

It helps to have a perfectly level floor to do this on, but I was able to do it in a parking lot, that wasn't too badly damage or sloped, on a cloudy Midwest day, In about 90 minutes. The 2.5 hours Honda charges to do it is ridiculous with all the advantages the techs at a dealership have.

Hope this helps someone!
Sponsored