"Radar Obstructed" after installing front vents DRL. What to do?

V-Angelus01

First Name
Vangelo Bitoy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
Hi guys, I own a 2019 civic hatchback sport. Recently, I installed a pair replacement front vents with DRLs as shown on this image:
Honda Civic 10th gen "Radar Obstructed" after installing front vents DRL. What to do? sCpDIt

The problem i ran into is that now im getting an error message saying "Some driver assist systems cannot operate: radar obstructed" after driving for a few minutes and turns off my ACC, lane keeping assist and front collision mitigation. the error resets and disappear if i turn the engine off and then back on again. i can still use basic cruise control though. The Honda Sensing radar is on the the driver side (im in canada) behind those new DRLs on the front vent.. Im not so sure whether its the whole LED unit thats blocking the radar or just some loose wiring dangling in front of the radar.

here is an image of the unit's front and back:
Honda Civic 10th gen "Radar Obstructed" after installing front vents DRL. What to do? gAg8r8S

anyone else have the same Front vent mods installed on their car? did you guys run into the same issue? what did you guys do to fix it?

am i just doomed to having to put the old stock front vents back on? :(

Last edited:

zerointerrupt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Si Coupe
Country flag
Those replacements are probably for the non honda sensing cars. The radar is between the fog and the intercooler drivers side on the stock insert. You will more than like have to swap them back.

OP
OP
V-Angelus01

V-Angelus01

First Name
Vangelo Bitoy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
Those replacements are probably for the non honda sensing cars. The radar is between the fog and the intercooler drivers side on the stock insert. You will more than like have to swap them back.
yeah. that seems to be the case. i just finished pulling those new DRL vents out and put the stock ones back in. good thing i didnt need to take off the bumper again to take em off. but i had to cut a few connection wires of the vent DRL's microcontroller (gray plastic piece from the image above). Now i gotta splice those wires i cut back together if i want them to be usable or sellable in the future.

Shuracha

First Name
Nando
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
Hello OP, i was looking into buying these lights for my sport hatchback as well. Would you mind linking where you originally bought yours from and were you able to resolve the issue? Thank you!

_dc_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Coupe Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hello OP, i was looking into buying these lights for my sport hatchback as well. Would you mind linking where you originally bought yours from and were you able to resolve the issue? Thank you!
The sensor is blocked with the aftermarket DRL replacement. Only solution would be to replace with the OEM.

Yasmin

First Name
Karla
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda civic hatchback 2019
Hi guys, I own a 2019 civic hatchback sport. Recently, I installed a pair replacement front vents with DRLs as shown on this image:
sCpDItg.jpg

The problem i ran into is that now im getting an error message saying "Some driver assist systems cannot operate: radar obstructed" after driving for a few minutes and turns off my ACC, lane keeping assist and front collision mitigation. the error resets and disappear if i turn the engine off and then back on again. i can still use basic cruise control though. The Honda Sensing radar is on the the driver side (im in canada) behind those new DRLs on the front vent.. Im not so sure whether its the whole LED unit thats blocking the radar or just some loose wiring dangling in front of the radar.

here is an image of the unit's front and back:
gAg8r8S.jpg

anyone else have the same Front vent mods installed on their car? did you guys run into the same issue? what did you guys do to fix it?

am i just doomed to having to put the old stock front vents back on? :(
I just got mine today and i got the same problem ???‍♀ And i dont want to take them off what can i do

Robot3RK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport CVT
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
You guys bought the wrong lights. If you want good lights without the blocking Honda sensor issue, get something like this one, although it would require you to have a 2020-2021 style front garnish cover. Mine is a 2019 so I had to buy the 2020-2021 style covers first before doing this light install.

yansag1982

First Name
Yanick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Coupe Sport 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
You guys bought the wrong lights. If you want good lights without the blocking Honda sensor issue, get something like this one, although it would require you to have a 2020-2021 style front garnish cover. Mine is a 2019 so I had to buy the 2020-2021 style covers first before doing this light install.
They also look 50 times better i mean look at this front end its sick!!

Honda Civic 10th gen "Radar Obstructed" after installing front vents DRL. What to do? Screenshot_20220312-204119_Firefox
Sponsored