Radar sensor

nickname

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic Touring
Country flag
its okay if it says the part wont fit my car? i called them for the part number its 36803-TGG-A14. the site i was gonna use is hondaprtsnow
Yes, it matters.

Besides the different connection, older versions use another communication protocol - if I remember correctly, it's because Honda has used different manufacturers for the radar.

Thankfully I didn't have to replace the radar itself, only the bracket.
Sponsored

OP
OP
TyresseX

TyresseX

First Name
Tyresse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic hatchback sport
Country flag
Yes, it matters.

Besides the different connection, older versions use another communication protocol - if I remember correctly, it's because Honda has used different manufacturers for the radar.

Thankfully I didn't have to replace the radar itself, only the bracket.
I call 2 different dealerships and they gave me 2 separate numbers lol.

nickname

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic Touring
Country flag
I call 2 different dealerships and they gave me 2 separate numbers lol.
It be like that sometime.

I'm curious why you think the radar needs to be replaced? It's a soild state device and very unlikely to become inoperable. The only way it wouldn't work is if it physically damaged (cracked or a hole punched thru)

OP
OP
TyresseX

TyresseX

First Name
Tyresse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic hatchback sport
Country flag
It be like that sometime.

I'm curious why you think the radar needs to be replaced? It's a soild state device and very unlikely to become inoperable. The only way it wouldn't work is if it physically damaged (cracked or a hole punched thru)
remember the original one of my got destroyed, i have one in my car but i dont even know if it will work with my car i got it from the junkyard.

Snailspool

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 FC1, 2019 FC4, 2010EVO X, 1998 Eagle Talon
Old thread, but I have information to solve this.

My 2019 Coupe was in a off road maneuver by the previous owner. After clearing all codes, I drove it for about 10 miles before a new code popped up saying that the radar alignment and visual camera were not agreeing with each other, Due to the Radar being jostled, and that would not allow me to use LKAS or ACC.

I purchased a stand and radar aimer from ebay USA STOCK Radar Aiming Reflector Target ADAS Calibration Tool For Honda Toyota | eBay and with aiming using my Autel MK808 scantool, I was able to get the Radar within the 0.1 degree range that it Requires. You have to be very precise. Its worked now for two hundred miles, and I expect it to continue to work, with no pinballing or issues. There are videos on YouTube that help, but the premise is this:

Z axis-The focal point of the tool must be exactly 22 MM above the bottom of the radar. I used a 4-way laser level and math to find this.

X axis-The focal point must be 4M (4000MM) from the center point of the front wheels. I used chalk line, 4-way laser level, and Measuring tape to figure this out.

Y axis- The focal point for the tool must be squarely in front of the Radar. To be able to figure this point out, you use the box you built with chalk lines and figure out the distance of offset from center of the vehicle or from the chalk line edge you made to the radar. If you have some construction skills, it helps to build your box to make sure it's a true square.

I figured X, then Y, then Z. You can use a 3.5 MM hex socket (I barely got away with a 5mm Etorx) to adjust the vertical and horizontal adjuster on the radar, but I also had to carefully bend the Radar mount to get it even in the ballpark.

It helps to have a perfectly level floor to do this on, but I was able to do it in a parking lot, that wasn't too badly damage or sloped, on a cloudy Midwest day, In about 90 minutes. The 2.5 hours Honda charges to do it is ridiculous with all the advantages the techs at a dealership have.

Hope this helps someone!
Sponsored