First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Morning All -

The previous owner of my car was a New Jersey resident, a state that requires a front license plate. I am a PA resident and we do not require one in this state. I’d like to remove it, but I know I’ll have two holes in the front bumper. I’m sure many of you have experienced this. What are my options?
Sponsored

jgreen16

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic EX Hatch, 1990 Chevrolet C1500
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
You can buy some plugs pre-painted from bumperplugs.com, although they are kinda pricey.

https://www.bumperplugs.com/index.php?route=product/category&path=1_11_101

There are also similar types of plugs you can get from an auto parts store, Lowe's, Home Depot, etc., that you can then paint yourself. A general internet search will turn up a lot of info on exactly what parts people have bought to DIY.

SleepyFC1

The Minister of Truth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 ABM Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

Donuyen18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda s2000
Country flag
Save yourself the money and just DIY with the touch up pen from Honda. That way, you will get the plugs much cheaper and have a touch up pen

shoegazer

assistant to the assistant manager
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic LX Coupe 2.0 (CVT)
Country flag
I bought a box of these to replace the allen screws in my Mugen intake. They fit perfectly in the two small holes in the bumper when I removed the front bracket (my car came from a VA dealership). Even though they are machine screws; they fit snug without making the holes larger. I'm sure you could find something local at a hardware store. But here's the link that lists the specs. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00F31SX8M/ref=oh_aui_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Honda Civic 10th gen Front Mount License Plate Bracket 41ouNnbBaSL._SCLZZZZZZZ__SY500_SX500_

latole

Civic Lx 2018 Manual , Civic LX 2016 Manual
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag

latole

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I bought a box of these to replace the allen screws in my Mugen intake. They fit perfectly in the two small holes in the bumper when I removed the front bracket (my car came from a VA dealership). Even though they are machine screws; they fit snug without making the holes larger. I'm sure you could find something local at a hardware store. But here's the link that lists the specs. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00F31SX8M/ref=oh_aui_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

41ouNnbBaSL._SCLZZZZZZZ__SY500_SX500_.jpg

:dunno:

dirty_civic

First Name
Dirty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Country flag
Get two of these. I got some from Autozone, color matched the paint, and shoved them in the hole. They are smaller than the ones that you get from bumperplug and don't require you to drill a larger hole.

Honda Civic 10th gen Front Mount License Plate Bracket 91518S10003

saz468

First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 civic EX Aegean blue metallic
Country flag
I had the same problem when I moved to Florida I used two slot screws and some model paint same color of car this was on my Elantra not the civic

Captaindicki

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si Coupe (sold)
Country flag
Last edited:

SleepyFC1

The Minister of Truth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 ABM Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

Browncoat3000

Red 5 standing by
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si, Odyssey EX-L
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

BriteBlue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic EX-L
Country flag
I don't know why dealers install front license plate brackets before the car is sold. In addition to selling the car to a buyer from a state that does not use front plates, they could do a dealer trade with a state that doesn't use front plates? Or don't dealers usually do trades with other states because maybe the paperwork is too complex?

jgreen16

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic EX Hatch, 1990 Chevrolet C1500
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I don't know why dealers install front license plate brackets before the car is sold. In addition to selling the car to a buyer from a state that does not use front plates, they could do a dealer trade with a state that doesn't use front plates? Or don't dealers usually do trades with other states because maybe the paperwork is too complex?
I was buying a 2012 Toyota Camry from a dealer in the Cincinnati area, and they had the exact color combo I was wanting, but it had the front plate already installed. I told them it was a no-go. At first they said they were going to swap bumper covers between two cars, but I nixed that as well. They ended up getting one in a dealer trade from northern Kentucky, and brought it up the next day. No issues, at least between those two states.
Sponsored