First speeding ticket. What should I do?

Slob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX
Vehicle Showcase
So I live in California, LA area but I go to school in Las Vegas. When I was commuting today, a highway patrol officer pulled me over for going 90mph in a 70 mph zone. From what I know, the fee is going to be from $400-580 USD, and traffic school MAY not be an option since Barstow Superior Court has a policy that 90mph + does not receive it.

PLEASE help me, I'm 19 years old and I'm lowkey freaking out. Thanks friends.
Sponsored

Mikeybc

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Coupe EX-T, 2015 Nissan Murano
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Not sure about California but up here in Ontario Canada we have traffic ticket services like POINTTS and Traffic Stop. They can help fight tickets and you may get the fine reduced or dismissed. Look for a traffic ticket service in your area

OP
OP
Slob

Slob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX
Vehicle Showcase
Not sure about California but up here in Ontario Canada we have traffic ticket services like POINTTS and Traffic Stop. They can help fight tickets and you may get the fine reduced or dismissed. Look for a traffic ticket service in your area
Yeah but they are all falling back on traffic school primarily. Plus the fees are about $300-485 USD with no guarantee of winning... at that point I might as well just pay the ticket. :/

maddmatt02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic ex-t 2016 crv lx 2001 accord ex 1997 integra gs
Country flag
here in WA all the guys at work use this same guy, costs 250 bucks (300 if you're not in our circle) and the ticket is gone (I'm sure he doesn't ALWAYS win but he has so far for all of us). ask around and see if any friends or family know of an attorney like that. I forget the whole deal but its something about all the things police have to record as far as radar certs and testing and serial numbers and that a lot of times they use pre-printed forms and forget to change something or fill in something and he gets them dropped based on that.

Mikeybc

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Coupe EX-T, 2015 Nissan Murano
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yeah but they are all falling back on traffic school primarily. Plus the fees are about $300-485 USD with no guarantee of winning... at that point I might as well just pay the ticket. :/
Might be worth the try it in the long run if they can even get it reduced to just a fine with no demerit points. The money you'll save on insurance could pay that fee many times over the course of a couple years.

xcoreflyup

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Hatchback Sport (Traded in), 2022 BIG PRIUS
Country flag
So I live in California, LA area but I go to school in Las Vegas. When I was commuting today, a highway patrol officer pulled me over for going 90mph in a 70 mph zone. From what I know, the fee is going to be from $400-580 USD, and traffic school MAY not be an option since Barstow Superior Court has a policy that 90mph + does not receive it.

I had 3 accidents (totaled 2 cars) and 4 tickets (1 red light, 2 speeding and 1 overtaking a van using the center divider in front of a cop) between 19 to 24...we all live through it. It is going to be fine.

Billy4202

Banned
Banned
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 BNP Touring, '07 Mercury Milan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Keep your head up, not the end of the world.

In VA, this is deep into (criminal) reckless driving territory, and judges issue jail time at 90.

Billy4202

Banned
Banned
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Keep your head up, not the end of the world.

In VA, this is deep into (criminal) reckless driving territory, and judges issue jail time at 90.

CEPA_Si

Detailing Guru
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si, 2014 Kia Optima SX-t, 2010 Chevy Traverse LTZ
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Do the crime, pay the fine. If your willing to do 20 mph over the speed limit you need to know your eventually going to get knocked off for it. Try to keep it to 5-10 over, that is what we can get away with here in PA.

Billy4202

Banned
Banned
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Obviously just pay it, go through the motions, and at the end of the day you'll be alright. None of us are perfect. Just be glad it's not a misdemeanor.

You're not the first one to be caught, and you're far from the last.

OP
OP
Slob

Slob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks guys. I think I'm going to find a cheap lawyer representative (-$200) and see if we can knock it out. If not, try and at least get it reduced so I do not have to take traffic school and just need to pay the fine. Definitely calmed down a lot tho

Shankmeyster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
35 over the limit is reckless in CA so be glad you didn't get that. But yeah, if you want to speed that much, you're going to get caught at some point. Be prepared to get bent over by your insurance as well.

Last edited:

sonicBOOMgray

Banned
Civic was washed away in Houston Harvey maelstrom
Banned
First Name
UNK (uncle)
Threads
Reaction score
my LX was scathed in Harvey...Houston 42 feet unda
Website
a.msn.com
Vehicle(s)
17 Hatch PMM LX HS 0w-20 FF 5650 miles, 06 Accord V6 MC 5w-20, 95 SC300 V6 QS 10w-30

Are those 16 inch rims on your EX? I have the same rims and thought they were exclusive to LX trims. Law enforcement is as much about making $ as it is enforcing laws.

maddmatt02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic ex-t 2016 crv lx 2001 accord ex 1997 integra gs
Country flag
Well in my case it was because I paid just a little more than the ticket would've cost but now have no ticket on my record.
Sponsored