Finally, custom Wet Okole CTR seat covers (Extremely pic heavy) FYI

krees

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R & 2020 Ridgeline BE
Country flag
How are the seat cushion wings? Are they under lots of pressure by the cover and in danger of flattening over time?
Also, I assume they can be ordered in all black?

I like em but would prefer all black personally. Still torn on whether to get covers but these are at the top of the list for me so far.

Thanks for trail blazing
Sponsored

OP
OP
bushido69

bushido69

First Name
Hiro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 SGP Type R, 2012 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport, 2012 Mazda CX-9 GT, 2002 Lexus ES300
Country flag
How are the seat cushion wings? Are they under lots of pressure by the cover and in danger of flattening over time?
Also, I assume they can be ordered in all black?

I like em but would prefer all black personally. Still torn on whether to get covers but these are at the top of the list for me so far.

Thanks for trail blazing
No pressure at all on the side and seat bolsters. They simply slide over from the top of the headrests. Each seat has two pieces. I left my Ctr at their enclosed factory overnight 6 weeks ago so they could take meticulous measurements. I’m pretty sure you can make any color combo you want. I ordered all black with the lexus L logo back in 02 for my IS300 sport cross. Very clean looking. Let me know if you have any other questions.

sean465

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Championship White Civic Type R FK8 R-03927
Country flag
Thanks for having a sense of humor and not getting butthurt like others.

I just buy new parts when/if they wear out. Can't argue why you're doing it though, your boys will appreciate it in a few years!
Mate the seats are thousands! Not so easy to replace or re-cover, but get what your saying

MadMage

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Type R
Country flag
Thanks again for all the pictures. I finally got a chance to look at them in detail. Three questions;
  1. I only see an installing pic of the back lower of the front seats, and the cover looks like you can see the end/bottom of it and it is 'baggy/lose. I assuming once installed you can't see that and it is tight?
  2. Front seats, both sides have a reinforced slit at the shoulders. What is this for?
  3. Any idea if they would stitch a custom logo instead of the Type R label? I'm actually thinking something like the image of my avatar (the dog howling) could be awesome.

OP
OP
bushido69

bushido69

First Name
Hiro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 SGP Type R, 2012 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport, 2012 Mazda CX-9 GT, 2002 Lexus ES300
Country flag
Thanks again for all the pictures. I finally got a chance to look at them in detail. Three questions;
  1. I only see an installing pic of the back lower of the front seats, and the cover looks like you can see the end/bottom of it and it is 'baggy/lose. I assuming once installed you can't see that and it is tight?
  2. Front seats, both sides have a reinforced slit at the shoulders. What is this for?
  3. Any idea if they would stitch a custom logo instead of the Type R label? I'm actually thinking something like the image of my avatar (the dog howling) could be awesome.
No problem. Once the fronts were installed, my installer realized they were a bit loose so he removed them and had their qc guy modify the stitching to tighten them up. I must not have taken photos after that was done. From my previous covers with them, they will conform to the seats along with your body over time and use.
Those slits are the harness belts inserts just like the OEM. When I first ordered them, my original plan was to cover them up but decided to have them include it. It does look a little weird.
I'm pretty sure they can design a custom logo. I would chk out their website and take a look what they have to offer. David helped me through the entire process. Hope this helps. Let us know what u decide to do. Btw, sitting and driving in the seats adds a whole new dynamic in comfort.

MadMage

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Type R
Country flag
Those slits are the harness belts inserts just like the OEM. When I first ordered them, my original plan was to cover them up but decided to have them include it. It does look a little weird.
Do you know if that means that if I do track days I would use them for a harness? i.e. does a harness just go through those slots in the seat? Never looked at a harness in detail :O

OP
OP
bushido69

bushido69

First Name
Hiro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Do you know if that means that if I do track days I would use them for a harness? i.e. does a harness just go through those slots in the seat? Never looked at a harness in detail :O
I’m assuming if you utilize a harness with the stock seats ,you would thread the belts thru the inserts of the covers. The inserts have also been reinforced with additional threading to prevent any tearing from the harness being pulled during movement.
Just a little off topic from your question, back in 95 when I purchased my first set of WOs for my GSR, my neighbor just bought a brand new NSX. This was his weekend car that was garaged 90% of the time. He had the black leather seats with the high bolstering similar to the CTR.
I remember within the first year, the driver’s seat had substantial visible wear marks on the side and seat bolsters from the constant entering and exiting. He tried every type of leather care and conditioner to conceal the wear marks. It was unsuccessful and he ended up installing covers to prevent additional wear along with concealing the damage that was already done.

Shred

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I like the back ones. The fronts look a little loose on the bolsters though, just a trick of the eye? If they were a bit tighter looking and had darker accents instead of the grey I think they'd look better. Well closer to stock I guess, which is what myself and I'm sure most others would be biased towards since it's what we're used to. Straight black would look good too for an understated look.

OP
OP
bushido69

bushido69

First Name
Hiro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I like the back ones. The fronts look a little loose on the bolsters though, just a trick of the eye? If they were a bit tighter looking and had darker accents instead of the grey I think they'd look better. Well closer to stock I guess, which is what myself and I'm sure most others would be biased towards since it's what we're used to. Straight black would look good too for an understated look.
This is the first time I used red as one of my choices. My past vehicles i had either all black or a black and dark grey combo. As stated in my original post, I wanted to maintain the oem red/black color scheme. With the rear plastic portion of the front seats having cf pattern, I wanted to simulate that. Originally, I was planning on having the rears red/black but decided to keep it more subtle by matching it with the cf. With the lighter colors, the stitching and curvature of the neoprene is more obvious like a wetsuit.

julieyankfan

First Name
Julie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic EX-T Coupe
Country flag
I like them. I think the red looks great. I have the tan color seats, which I figured would get dirty, so I just throw a towel on the driver's seat.

Dmon808

Lost FK8 in Hawaii
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type r
Country flag
Do you know if they are willing to make a set and ship it out? I asked them a few months ago if they did. Told me I needed to bring my car in for measurements. To bad I live in Hawaii.

MadMage

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Type R
Country flag
Do you know if they are willing to make a set and ship it out? I asked them a few months ago if they did. Told me I needed to bring my car in for measurements. To bad I live in Hawaii.
Hopefully @bushido69 can confirm. My understanding was until he had his done, they did not have a car to measure and test fit, so they couldn't ship. I was going to call them last week to verify they could ship, but I didn't get around to it.

Dmon808

Lost FK8 in Hawaii
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type r
Country flag
? ??

OP
OP
bushido69

bushido69

First Name
Hiro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Did you try contact da shop in Honolulu off Dillingham?

Last edited:
OP
OP
bushido69

bushido69

First Name
Hiro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Hopefully @bushido69 can confirm. My understanding was until he had his done, they did not have a car to measure and test fit, so they couldn't ship. I was going to call them last week to verify they could ship, but I didn't get around to it.
My contact, David said once they have an item number attached to the CTR seats you should be able to order over the phone or online. Try giving him a call or email [email protected].
Sponsored