Dent above passenger doors, accident or body issue?

Which side do you have a dent on?

• Left

Votes: 54 22.9%
  • Right

Votes: 31 13.1%
  • Both

Votes: 52 22.0%
  • None

Votes: 102 43.2%

• Total voters

MikeATL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Lunar Silver Civic Touring, 2009 Pontiac G8 GT, 2006 Honda Pilot, 2000 Chrysler Town and Country
Took my car in to a Honda dealership service for it's first oil change today and I asked the service advisor if he knows of this issue. He knew right away where to look on my car for the dimples and actually pointed out that it's on the passenger side as well. The dimples on the driver side actually seemed more obvious today than before and I'm quite positive that the one on the passenger side was not there before. I wonder if it is getting worse over time.

He told me that Honda is aware of this issue and I would need to setup a appointment for them to send the car to a body shop for a week to 10 days. He told me they would need the car that long for Honda to send someone in to take a look at it. He said I don't need to do this anytime soon, just do it before 3 years / 36K miles.
Sponsored

greyclocked

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic LX
Country flag
Took my car in to a Honda dealership service for it's first oil change today and I asked the service advisor if he knows of this issue. He knew right away where to look on my car for the dimples and actually pointed out that it's on the passenger side as well. The dimples on the driver side actually seemed more obvious today than before and I'm quite positive that the one on the passenger side was not there before. I wonder if it is getting worse over time.

He told me that Honda is aware of this issue and I would need to setup a appointment for them to send the car to a body shop for a week to 10 days. He told me they would need the car that long for Honda to send someone in to take a look at it. He said I don't need to do this anytime soon, just do it before 3 years / 36K miles.
I really wonder what the heck is going on since the dealership that I bought my car from (and the dealership that fixed it) used cash out of a different account to to fix my car. In other words, they ate the cost of the repair and did not bill it as a warranty repair. This is really super shameful for Honda. Unless these issues are caused at a dealership level, this is a unacceptable burden on them.

Osiris

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-L, 2014 Toyota Highlander, 2011 Toyota Tundra
Country flag
I'm pretty late to the conversation on this (16 pages in), but I have the same thing right above my driver door and on the back pillar behind the back doors. I know exactly what it's from; from leaning on the car while washing it. I'm not use to having such delicate cars. I don't even put that much weight on it, only touching it for balance.

My leather on my drivers seat is starting to peel too from getting in and out.
My fog lights are getting condensation in them.
A rock hit the edge of my windshield and it cracked in half, literally all the way across. The replacement glass was already broken when the repair place received it too.

This is all before my first oil change.
@MikeATL, I'm surprised they want to take your car away for up to 10 days. They offered a loan-er?

I bought a ding-king/dent-doctor thing i'll try eventually. It's just sitting in its packaging for now.

Last edited:

MikeATL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Lunar Silver Civic Touring, 2009 Pontiac G8 GT, 2006 Honda Pilot, 2000 Chrysler Town and Country
I'm pretty late to the conversation on this (16 pages in), but I have the same thing right above my driver door and on the back pillar behind the back doors. I know exactly what it's from; from leaning on the car while washing it. I'm not use to having such delicate cars. I don't even put that much weight on it, only touching it for balance.

@MikeATL, I'm surprised they want to take your car away for up to 10 days. They offered a loan-er?

I bought a ding-king/dent-doctor thing i'll try eventually. It's just sitting in its packaging for now.
He said Honda will likely pay for a rental.

Boz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX Sedan - Modern Steel Metalic / Black
Country flag

A rock hit the edge of my windshield and it cracked in half, literally all the way across. The replacement glass was already broken when the repair place received it too.

The majority of these dents are NOT from somebody leaning on the car!

NorthernEX-T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Type R
Vehicle Showcase

A week to 10 days?! That's hogwash. I literally dropped mine off at my dealer and they brought in they're pointless dent guy and the car was fixed within 2 hours..

Brade691

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 agean blue ex-t
Hey!

So I wanted to crowd source some opinions on two dents that have appeared right above my back passenger doors on my LX. We first noticed the dent on the driver side and thought it must have been someone leaning into the body and denting it. A day later we noticed the second dent on the exact same spot but on the passenger side of the car, albeit this dent was much smaller and almost not visible in photographs.

Before I spend money on fixing these dents I wanted to make sure no one was having similar issues. The location of the dents lead me to hypothesize that it could be a body issue the car came with. What issue, I'm not exactly sure, that's why I'm crowd sourcing some thoughts into this. It could very well be that someone dented the body by leaning into it but I'm having a hard time thinking of a situation given the location of the dents.

On another note, anyone have tips on taking these dents out? Don't want to spend a small fortune on going to the dealership but I will if I have to.

Many thanks!

IMG_20160412_193036.jpg

IMG_20160412_193045.jpg

IMG_20160412_193057.jpg

IMG_20160412_193105.jpg

Edit: MFR Date 01/16, Indiana, 6500 miles
I also have a dent in the same place and i know nothing has hit it,i have also notice one on the hood near the drivers headlight.the metal on the civics is crap! Im scared to let anything or anyone near my car

MMalinar23

MommaBond23
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic, 2004 Chevy Town and Country
We have an issue with a dent in the hood. Looks like by the front fender in front of driver side. I saw other posts about it and cannot find it now. Bt looks like 2 basketballs. or buttcheeks, but too high for anyone to be leaning on. Dealer sent s to a repair center and they want $750 to repair dent and repaint it, saying impact only a few weeks old and no impact at all. And since there are others with the same issue they are saying it is the hood adjustment causing the issues here is the picture. Does anyone know if the is a bulletin on this out there? New here this is only 3 weeks old.

Honda Civic 10th gen Dent above passenger doors, accident or body issue? IMG_5593.PNG

howrd29

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic LX
Vehicle Showcase
Every time I see a 2016 Civic parked I look for The dent above the back passenger door. Seems I see it about 30 to 50 % of the time.

Honda!!! You need to own up to this and issue a recall so that people can get their cars fixed and stop guessing if it's their fault/if someone leaned on it etc.

This is disappointing and highlights the fact that unfortunately you need to fight for this stuff yourself.

(I had my dent fixed a week after I spotted it - left the car with my dealer for one day)

Ben&Jen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring Cosmic
We have an issue with a dent in the hood. Looks like by the front fender in front of driver side. I saw other posts about it and cannot find it now. Bt looks like 2 basketballs. or buttcheeks, but too high for anyone to be leaning on. Dealer sent s to a repair center and they want $750 to repair dent and repaint it, saying impact only a few weeks old and no impact at all. And since there are others with the same issue they are saying it is the hood adjustment causing the issues here is the picture. Does anyone know if the is a bulletin on this out there? New here this is only 3 weeks old.

IMG_5593.PNG
You don't need the dealer to do this, find a paint less dent repair place PDR, ones that have been doing it a LONG time. They can remove this 100%. Piece of cake. Dealers suck and rip people off. They will use the glue pull method on this. Dent Wizards do good work...

howrd29

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic LX
Vehicle Showcase
You don't need the dealer to do this, find a paint less dent repair place PDR, ones that have been doing it a LONG time. They can remove this 100%. Piece of cake. Dealers suck and rip people off. They will use the glue pull method on this. Dent Wizards do good work...
Agreed 100 percent

Ben&Jen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring Cosmic
I want to add that Honda to me has cut corners and does not have a very good or not at all a final assembly quality control department. Yeah, just pump them out the door and let the customer do it...

slowride

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 PMM Type-R
Country flag
Every time I see a 2016 Civic parked I look for The dent above the back passenger door. Seems I see it about 30 to 50 % of the time.

Honda!!! You need to own up to this and issue a recall so that people can get their cars fixed and stop guessing if it's their fault/if someone leaned on it etc.

This is disappointing and highlights the fact that unfortunately you need to fight for this stuff yourself.

(I had my dent fixed a week after I spotted it - left the car with my dealer for one day)
Last time I was in for an oil change, I walked two sales folks through the showroom Civics and pointed this dent spot out. 2 of the 3 in there had it.

Last edited:

PS3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Country flag
Last time I was in for an oil change, I walked two sales folks through the showroom Civics and pointed this dent spot out. 2 of the 3 in there had it.
What did they say when you pointed it out?

slowride

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 PMM Type-R
Country flag
Not much. If they didn't notice it before then, neither are the customers I guess.
Sponsored