Dent repairs

fretsurfing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mk7 Golf GTI SE, Civic 10 EX-T
Hi,

Parked car at Walmart and then Target. Bought stuff. Went home and discovered a dent.

Just had this car for 6 weeks. Paint is still ok. My guess is shopping cart crashed into this.

Any ideas how much dents like these would cost me? The sheet metal on these Civics are pretty thin though. It's a crumple safety thing I guess?

Thanks in advance!

Honda Civic 10th gen Dent repairs 20161016_152324

Honda Civic 10th gen Dent repairs 20161016_152334

dc2turbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic,teg
Country flag
if you have a good suction cup, you could pull it out. if not , pull the fender liner down and push it out. i would apply some heat on it

davidgostbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Ex-t 2016
Country flag
That looks like a easy repair! Get some boiling water and pour it on the dent then try pushing the dent out from the inside(or use a pretty strong suction cup plunger maybe make sure bottom of it is wet though to increase grip). Or just bring it to a dent less repair shop should be a $20 fix there.

Edit: as howrd29 pointed out you can use an air duster can forgot about that. Pour boiling water on the dent then use air can on it(make sure to get the cans liquid on it).

Last edited:

howrd29

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic LX
Vehicle Showcase
It definitely looks like a simple repair job, don't get suckered by an auto body shop to do a $500 to 1000 repair job. This can be done professionally for about $100 or check out some youtube videos using a hair dryer and an air duster can - you want to heat it up with the hair dryer and then cool it down immediately with the aerosol from the air duster can and watch that baby pop right out... won't be perfect but will come out 90%. If you wanna be safe however, go to a reputable paintless dent removal place and they will get it 99% all the way out for about 100 or so.

Mishka

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic ex
Country flag
I had the exact same thing but on the drivers side(same area). All I did was pull back the wheel well liner and push it out with my hand and a rounded stick.

howrd29

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic LX
Vehicle Showcase
I had the exact same thing but on the drivers side(same area). All I did was pull back the wheel well liner and push it out with my hand and a rounded stick.
Agreed. I would consider heating it up first so that it pops out even better.. I would tie up a big sponge or cloth at the end of the stick so that the stick doesn't make a small dent itself..
Sponsored