Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Ex-t Coupe Crystal Black
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
oh god, that sucks.

get some 1500-2000 grit sand paper.

buff those spots smoothe, take your pen, hit it with the basecoat, buff even,if it needs a little more basecoat then repeat the process.
Do the same with the clear coat, let it cure at LEAST 24 hours minimum. Then buff the area again, after you buff it, use a little compound to smooth it further, and then of course hit it with some polish and seal.

JustAHatch17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic Hatch Sport
Vehicle Showcase
oh god, that sucks.

get some 1500-2000 grit sand paper.

buff those spots smoothe, take your pen, hit it with the basecoat, buff even,if it needs a little more basecoat then repeat the process.
Do the same with the clear coat, let it cure at LEAST 24 hours minimum. Then buff the area again, after you buff it, use a little compound to smooth it further, and then of course hit it with some polish and seal.
Thanks man, I'm scared too do any of that so I'll have my detailer try it out. Much appreciated

GreyMatter718

THE X GEN
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Ex-t Coupe Crystal Black
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
how do you think the dealer is going to get it done ? lol ... same way

ikbenben

Belgium spec
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic 1.5T Sport Plus HB
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I just had the same issue as well. Luckily its black so it isn't too noticeable. Ordering the touchup paint as we speak.
Me too. But I had it removed by the dealer before the pickup, so it's their fault. It's just a little spot and already covered with touchup paint.
They told me it's because the hatch is made from plastic.

rosedraws

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 hatchback sport manual
Country flag
I think I'll do this... talk about a low-cost mod! But I'd have to take off the civic and the sport.

Also, at the post office yesterday, a white car pulled in, I glanced and noticed the Tesla emblem in front, but as I walked by, realized it was kinda small and really beat up. Then I saw the Hyundai emblems on the wheels. Lol

mathewp

First Name
Mathew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CW Civic Type R, Jeep Wrangler
Country flag
Hello,

I am struggling to get bold enough to do this. I have a new Civic Type R Championship white. Reading through posts here, it sounds easy but I am worrying about damaging the paint etc. is it really this easy to just heat up a little and use a floss to get the letters out and then use Googone to get remaining glue out. I like the look of debadged version for sure.

Thanks for your feedback.

OP
OP

2slo4u

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic, FRS
Vehicle Showcase
Hello,

I am struggling to get bold enough to do this. I have a new Civic Type R Championship white. Reading through posts here, it sounds easy but I am worrying about damaging the paint etc. is it really this easy to just heat up a little and use a floss to get the letters out and then use Googone to get remaining glue out. I like the look of debadged version for sure.

Thanks for your feedback.
The car is probably new enough that you wont need the heat and googone. Try the floss to pull it off first cause they may be all you need. Then the residue should just come off with some finger rubbing.

BooSi86

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si 4-door
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I used dental floss. Worked like a charm. You might have some adhesive left on the paint but that will easily come off with a little bit of elbow grease. I debadged "civic" but left the Si.
Sponsored