mathewp

First Name
Mathew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CW Civic Type R, Jeep Wrangler
Country flag
I used dental floss. Worked like a charm. You might have some adhesive left on the paint but that will easily come off with a little bit of elbow grease. I debadged "civic" but left the Si.
Thanks everyone. I did debadge my Type R today with my son. Looks great. I was able to just wiggle the letters slowly and then get them off and then roll the residue out using finger nails gently and then rubbed it all off using a micro fibre cloth. Worked fine. Only mishap was when trying to wiggle out the V the sharp edge at the bottom cut a pen head kind of chip through the paint. Not visible after more than 4 feet unless one is looking for it closely. I really like the debadged look. I might get around to dealing with that cut when I can. Not sure if there are any simple suggestions for the same. Can the dealer do something when I take it for service or a detail shop to touch up the paint.
Sponsored

tdoto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic LX Sedan, 2015 Mercedes Benz B250
Country flag
Thanks everyone. I did debadge my Type R today with my son. Looks great. I was able to just wiggle the letters slowly and then get them off and then roll the residue out using finger nails gently and then rubbed it all off using a micro fibre cloth. Worked fine. Only mishap was when trying to wiggle out the V the sharp edge at the bottom cut a pen head kind of chip through the paint. Not visible after more than 4 feet unless one is looking for it closely. I really like the debadged look. I might get around to dealing with that cut when I can. Not sure if there are any simple suggestions for the same. Can the dealer do something when I take it for service or a detail shop to touch up the paint.
I got a similar problem when I removed plastidip spray i screwed up on my previous car.

I got a shop to spray a small area but when you look closely it is different and textured.
Supposedly they would have to respray the whole back area if you want it back 100%.

I want to debadge and put on a JDM type r emblem on my hatch when I pick it up this week, but i am scared that I am going to chip the paint with either floss or credit card.

mathewp

First Name
Mathew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CW Civic Type R, Jeep Wrangler
Country flag
I got a similar problem when I removed plastidip spray i screwed up on my previous car.

I got a shop to spray a small area but when you look closely it is different and textured.
Supposedly they would have to respray the whole back area if you want it back 100%.

I want to debadge and put on a JDM type r emblem on my hatch when I pick it up this week, but i am scared that I am going to chip the paint with either floss or credit card.
Thanks. Actually it was very easy and simple to debadge the car. After I removed the C and I, I think I hastened the removal of V. But if one is careful, I feel like it is a straightforward task. I am not intending to do anything as it appears like a speck of dust and backside is dusty anyway for CTR due to no mud guards.

Knock

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 CBP FK7
Country flag
Reviving an old thread. I just got my Civic HB Sport Touring and debating about debadging just the Civic part.

Anyone have any pics or think it would look good? I don't want to debadge the ST, but only the Civic part.

Last edited:

AIBO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Reviving an old thread. I just got my Civic HB Sport Touring and debating about debadging just the Civic part.

Anyone have any pics or think it would look good? I don't want to debadge the ST as I kind of like it.
Here's a pic of my 2019 sport with and without the badges
Honda Civic 10th gen Debadged. 20190607_084159

Honda Civic 10th gen Debadged. 20190607_084226

thatbvictor

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Sport HFP
Country flag
Want to de-badge the "civic" and "sport" off my car, but leave the HFP badge...can't decide if I want to de-badge at all because not sure if the HFP badge would look out of place by itself.

C-CAT

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type-R
Country flag
So I just de-badged the ā€œCivicā€ part off of my Type-R and it looks awesome, but I can still see the letters outlined in the paint at certain angles. Itā€™s not etching from scratches in removing them and the adhesive is all gone, but it almost looks like the area that had the sticky adhesive for each letter is a MM or two down into the paint and itā€™s pretty noticeable. Anyone have any ideas on how to minimize or get rid of that? Is this normal? Iā€™ll probably polish and wax the area again because the paint feels pretty nasty and dull from the Goo-Off, so Iā€™m hoping that helps. Car is only about 2 months old. Thanks.

rosedraws

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 hatchback sport manual
Country flag
So I just de-badged the ā€œCivicā€ part off of my Type-R and it looks awesome, but I can still see the letters outlined in the paint at certain angles. Itā€™s not etching from scratches in removing them and the adhesive is all gone, but it almost looks like the area that had the sticky adhesive for each letter is a MM or two down into the paint and itā€™s pretty noticeable. Anyone have any ideas on how to minimize or get rid of that? Is this normal? Iā€™ll probably polish and wax the area again because the paint feels pretty nasty and dull from the Goo-Off, so Iā€™m hoping that helps. Car is only about 2 months old. Thanks.
Have you tried to clay bar it yet? That will also help get rid of all the traces of Goo Gone. :) Clay bar first, then wax. It's verrrrrrry satisfying.

Deezy

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic LX Sedan 6MT (FC2)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I hope you used Goo-Gone and not Goof-Off.
The latter is not as safe for car paint.

C-CAT

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type-R
Country flag
Honda Civic 10th gen Debadged. BA2C4218-12F4-4C0B-88A4-06B36920C3F8
I hope you used Goo-Gone and not Goof-Off.
The latter is not as safe for car paint.
Eee, yeah I used Goof Off..it did seem a little excessive based on the fumes but I had read it was safe to use and worked better than Goo-Gone and it also says safe for most paint and automotive surfaces on back. The surface is def. cloudy from where I used it but it probably just stripped all the wax. Iā€™m hoping either Scratch X 2.0 or clay bar and a good wax gets rid of it all.

tsixtial

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic LX
Country flag
I used floss and goo-gone as soon as I picked up my car from the dealer.

my personal opinion if the car is couple months old and is left parked outside... I wouldn't remove it because of what I call emblem "burn"

Legato

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Sport
Country flag
I used floss and goo-gone as soon as I picked up my car from the dealer.

my personal opinion if the car is couple months old and is left parked outside... I wouldn't remove it because of what I call emblem "burn"
Lunar silver sport here, and I debadged my car after owning it for more than a year while it sat outside in the sun the entire time and had no issues whatsoever.

jtrader

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK7 6MT, 2018 FK7 CVT, 2022 Odyssey EXL
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Anyone looking to remove the excess adhesive, with little to no elbow grease, try wd-40. Itā€™ll remove it easily, and is safe for paint.
Wish I would've seen this last week. I spent about 45 mins with goo gone and my fingernails. Came out looking great though. I like the thought of keeping the clueless drivers clueless, although if they don't know what a civic looks like by now you seriously have to question their intelligence.

Honda Civic 10th gen Debadged. IMG_1505.JPG

elykoj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic
Country flag
how is the H emblem held on for the sedans ? I have an LED emblem i am going to put on but no idea yet how the rear H emblem is held on? 2016 Touring sedan
Sponsored