CVT Blew Up at the Dealership

Dirt

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport 6-Spd Manual
Would you be willing to sell the lower engine cover and front wheel well covers?
Sponsored

Dirt

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport 6-Spd Manual
How? My car is fine not wrecked
Just thought I’d ask. You don’t necessarily need it to drive around as I haven’t had them on my car for the past 2 years. I wanted to get them put back on since my engine bay gets dirty a lot quicker. like I said it didn’t hurt to ask. Worst you can say is no.

OP
OP
jconnway

jconnway

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sport Hatch 2017 Sport Hatch
Country flag
Just thought I’d ask. You don’t necessarily need it to drive around as I haven’t had them on my car for the past 2 years. I wanted to get them put back on since my engine bay gets dirty a lot quicker. like I said it didn’t hurt to ask. Worst you can say is no.
Oh ok I thought you misread and thought I was like parting out a wreck or something

Yeah but I need em myself sorry

partialprint

First Name
Partial
Threads
Reaction score
Website
music.apple.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
Thats why if people buy a used car they prefer stock with no modifications obviously one owner is better. I was lucky enough to get my fk7 new for 27k financed and Its paid off. Ive been modding it here and there put about 4k into it the past year or 2. I would diagnose it and have it inspected and see if its worth repairing vs buying a new car. Do your research! and have it looked at by at least 2 places dont just go with what the first one says but if dealers offering to fix then take it

OP
OP
jconnway

jconnway

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sport Hatch 2017 Sport Hatch
Country flag
Thats why if people buy a used car they prefer stock with no modifications obviously one owner is better. I was lucky enough to get my fk7 new for 27k financed and Its paid off. Ive been modding it here and there put about 4k into it the past year or 2. I would diagnose it and have it inspected and see if its worth repairing vs buying a new car. Do your research! and have it looked at by at least 2 places dont just go with what the first one says but if dealers offering to fix then take it
And I got mine with about 20k and it was 2 years old… and appeared completely stock… I’ve been modding Hondas my whole life it’s pretty easy to see what’s what. I feel like people don’t read the whole thread, I’m documenting a CVT failure and subsequent repair, which while uncommon, happens from time to time.

Good on you for paying it off! Personally I wouldn’t mess with a car I didn’t own outright
Sponsored