First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Toyota 86 TRD SE
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Thanks for all the responses. The abuse I did the vehicle was pretty bad. The week I bought it I went on a toll road and tested how fast the car could go up to 120mph or so until I couldn't feel anymore power. I always did digs and roll races everywhere even when alone. Whenever I do find an opportunity I would try and top speed run the car. Also clarifying when I bought the vehicle it had an accident on the front and only 8000 mi on the odometer and was pretty good for the monthly price around 450. Still a bit much but I spent every penny I had on the car. Oh and here is the little bov I still have. No one on letgo is buying ooof. It's a recirculating one not the vta looks pretty cool.

Honda Civic 10th gen Yes I am dumb, blew my own motor at 19. 20200807_133120[1]
Sponsored

Last edited:

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
:doh:

Do you happen to know the VIN of your old car? I just want to make sure I don't buy it if I'm in the market for a used Si. :D

OP
OP
TheMarkedOne

TheMarkedOne

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Toyota 86 TRD SE
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

Do you happen to know the VIN of your old car? I just want to make sure I don't buy it if I'm in the market for a used Si. :D
Aw dang unfortunately not. But if the carfax says front damage at around 6k miles and a "serviced" motor at 20k stay away lol. I don't know why it didn't say replaced engine but okay.

disgraced.fk8

IG: @break_ya_neck_fk7
First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Boost Blue Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Thanks for all the responses. The abuse I did the vehicle was pretty bad. The week I bought it I went on a toll road and tested how fast the car could go up to 120mph or so until I couldn't feel anymore power. I always did digs and roll races everywhere even when alone. Whenever I do find an opportunity I would try and top speed run the car. Also clarifying when I bought the vehicle it had an accident on the front and only 8000 mi on the odometer and was pretty good for the monthly price around 450.
Damn man. That's intense. You really were asking for it haha. I don't even know if abused does it justice you straight decimated this thing :oops: daring for me is seeing 3 digits on the speedo and then I back off... I feel like you should have known you were gonna blow something doing what you did. But, then again, you're young, and you've learned.

On another note, nice Seiko! I would love to grab a Prospex sometime soon but given that I have like 10 watches, car parts are the priority lately lol

OP
OP
TheMarkedOne

TheMarkedOne

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Toyota 86 TRD SE
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Damn man. That's intense. You really were asking for it haha. I don't even know if abused does it justice you straight decimated this thing :oops: daring for me is seeing 3 digits on the speedo and then I back off... I feel like you should have known you were gonna blow something doing what you did. But, then again, you're young, and you've learned.

On another note, nice Seiko! I would love to grab a Prospex sometime soon but given that I have like 10 watches, car parts are the priority lately lol
Haha, I loved the adrenaline from the boost kicking in and going top speeds I was really lucky I survived this long. Also thanks I got it recently because for some reason testing rooms don't have clocks. The profs just write how much time we have left on the board every 5-10 minutes so I keep this handy.

CivicXI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic EX-T, Civic EX HB
Country flag
Sounds like you learned your lesson. At least you own up to it. Also sounds like you need to go out west.

I did a cross-country trip a few years back. Had an Audi A5 and I damn near went through the entire state of Montana from Missoula on I90 in 4 hours with the car on the limiter. I think I saw maybe, a dozen people if that. Nothing but smooth asphalt. (Fun fact, at 135mph, the engine purrs along at something like 2800rpm in 7th)

Back in the civilized world, I just take it easy and go with the flow. I don't race people, I don't go on local roads with limited visibility, I just cruise around here. Every once in a while, I'll head out to the open country where I have 3-4 miles of straight visibility in the middle of the night with no one out there and let her rip.

If you're just in it for the adrenaline, there are better ways. Like going 40mph down curvy back country switchbacks on a bike, or going 30mph through the woods on skis.

tacthecat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'12 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
... used 2018 civic si coupe ...had little over 20k on the odometer and It was on TSP with a sri, downpipe, frontpipe, bov and a stock clutch. I did not baby the car ...went up to 145mph. Doing tons of pulls past 100, one pull the porcelain from the sparkplug in cylinder 1 blew out …
Several items of interest:
Was the displayed log taken before or after the engine blew?
Did you modify the TSP software ("fine tune")?
Did the stock clutch slip?
The Si is well within it's rev range if you were in 5th or 6th at 140 mph.
Appears that NGK dodged a bullet and even Honda didn't refuse a warranty repair.

OP
OP
TheMarkedOne

TheMarkedOne

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Toyota 86 TRD SE
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Several items of interest:
Was the displayed log taken before or after the engine blew?
Did you modify the TSP software ("fine tune")?
Did the stock clutch slip?
The Si is well within it's rev range if you were in 5th or 6th at 140 mph.
Appears that NGK dodged a bullet and even Honda didn't refuse a warranty repair.
It was taken after. The clutch did slip during slower speeds so I took it easy but whenever I felt it catch again or whatever that feeling was I would keep on it. That's why I did top speed runs I actually remember shifting to 6th because 5th wouldn't go past 140mph topped at around 130-135.

Last edited:

tacthecat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'12 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
It was taken after. The clutch did slip so I took it easy but whenever I felt it catch again or whatever that feeling was I would keep on it. I actually remember I had to shift to 6th because 5th wouldn't go past 140mph.
140 matches the 5th gear fuel shut-off value (stutter).

Syntek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PWP Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

Wrong, you actually WANT this Si since it has a new motor in it haha

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Wrong, you actually WANT this Si since it has a new motor in it haha
True but I have the feeling other parts took a beating too. :cool:

CVTsport18

Honda First Timer
First Name
Derrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Veloster N DCT
Country flag
At least you aren't dead. Learn from this and be responsible.

Fk7_412

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Sport Hatch 6spd
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
You can get a motor from a wrecked Si.
Does anyone know where these wrecked Si's are? I mean, aside being nice to know if worst comes to worst but also I've been looking for weeks to find used Si seats to buy and swap.
Sponsored