Yes I am dumb, blew my own motor at 19.

GreaseCrow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 "Clifford" Civic Hatch Sport 6MT, 2015 Civic EX 5MT
Country flag
I'm really sorry to hear that, but thanks for posting and keeping a reminder that our cars tuned are still to be respected. I often pull onto the highway or at a stop light here and there for fun and wonder if I'm going to end up blowing a motor. I have TSP 1 Map 3 and Stage 1 intake, but maybe I should consider down-tuning a bit to prevent any serious damage.

Either way, I may be the nut behind the wheel right now. Gotta straighten myself out and think about my actions. Best of luck with future cars!
Sponsored

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
I'm really sorry to hear that, but thanks for posting and keeping a reminder that our cars tuned are still to be respected. I often pull onto the highway or at a stop light here and there for fun and wonder if I'm going to end up blowing a motor. I have TSP 1 Map 3 and Stage 1 intake, but maybe I should consider down-tuning a bit to prevent any serious damage.

Either way, I may be the nut behind the wheel right now. Gotta straighten myself out and think about my actions. Best of luck with future cars!
Trust me, a highway ramp pull or the occasional stoplight pull isn't going to do any harm with a TSP 1.

zspeed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Sport Hatchback FK7
Country flag
Does anyone know where these wrecked Si's are? I mean, aside being nice to know if worst comes to worst but also I've been looking for weeks to find used Si seats to buy and swap.
TAE used autoparts in FL had a listing.

GreaseCrow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Trust me, a highway ramp pull or the occasional stoplight pull isn't going to do any harm with a TSP 1.
Thanks, that does make me feel a lot better. I see on this forum a lot of people "beating on their cars". What's consider "beating"?

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Basically driving with wreckless abandon. Constant stoplight to stoplight racing, power launching, two stepping, anti-lag, etc...

These are still economy cars. A tune is a great thing but that doesn't mean once you tune you should become a boy racer. Abuse while tuned comes with consequences.

GreaseCrow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Basically driving with wreckless abandon. Constant stoplight to stoplight racing, power launching, two stepping, anti-lag, etc...

These are still economy cars. A tune is a great thing but that doesn't mean once you tune you should become a boy racer. Abuse while tuned comes with consequences.
Ah, well thank goodness I don't do that lol. Two-step and anti-lag is a big no-no for me lol.

Thanks!

Charlie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Don’t worry about the car MarkedOne. It’s just a car. Continue to have fun with it. Heads up, track days is where it’s at. That’s a good place for those pulls ?
Graduated high school and right before college I bought a used 2018 civic si coupe in red since I really loved the civic hatch my parents bought a bit ago. I have not kept up with payments too well since I was always out working and once I was done I went out, raced It and bought mods. had little over 20k on the odometer and It was on TSP with a sri, downpipe, frontpipe, bov and a stock clutch. I did not baby the car like I said before I abused it and went up to 145mph, sometimes north of 150. Doing tons of pulls past 100, one pull the porcelain from the sparkplug in cylinder 1 blew out and cracked my piston and cylinder block. The biggest thump I've ever heard but it still ran. I tuned the car back to stock and gave it back to the dealer. I told them after running the car really hard I heard a loud thump and the car was not running well. I might of blew my motor because during idle it was revving up and down for loosing so much compression. They asked me questions, saw the oil leak and excessive brake dust. Parents were not happy and the manage gave me an ass whooping too " You are young and dumb and you blew up the damn thing. At least you're lucky to be alive.". We have good relations with this dealer since my family and I have always bought vehicles there and were friendly to service. Covered the whole thing. I don't have the si anymore as I would not be responsible with it. But I still continue to use the regular cvt hatchback my parents have as a daily to college. Wish I still had the photo of the cracked piston, pulled motor and the horrible sound the engine made from the cracked cylinder block but, this was all I could find.

You guys can roast or give me your opinions and thoughts. I know I am dumb and don't deserve my own car for awhile but at least I can still learn. Maybe once I am out of college and financially free enough I can buy another car and not make the same bad decisions as before.

Snapchat-577807761.jpg

20200214_090828.jpg

20200214_173624[1].jpg

20200202_151015[1].jpg

20200202_151037[1].jpg

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Don’t worry about the car MarkedOne. It’s just a car. Continue to have fun with it. Heads up, track days is where it’s at. That’s a good place for those pulls ?
It's always good to read the post you quote.

Considering he no longer has the Si, he probably won't be having fun with it or tracking it. ;)

maddmatt02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic ex-t 2016 crv lx 2001 accord ex 1997 integra gs
Country flag
Alright I'm not going to quote the people who've made these comments but this is the life my civic had (base 1.5T "weaker" than SI). WOT 0-60 testing with less than 100 miles on it. Tuned very early in its life to around 240/300 on e, taken down the 1/4 around 30 times at least. and I doubt it be exaggerating if I said I'd done 1000+ wot launches from a dig on the street. Around 60k I think I put the pure450 turbo on it and continued to beat on it. Had it to 147 on gps twice, into triple digits ALL THE TIME! No lift shifting all the time. Somewhere around 50k or so I checked and think I had 203-205psi across the board (wrote it down but it was a long time ago). I got rid of the car after 76k trouble free miles. I'm as hard on my cars as anybody I know although I don't beat on them cold. Give them 30 seconds or so before I roll after I start it cold. And I changed the oil at 60 and 15-20% then reset the maintenance minder.

Last edited:

2020CivicSI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic SI
Country flag
When I was a teen, I used to send it over this hump in the road with my shitty little toyota yaris. I'd hit this thing at like 50-60 mph and just get the car flying. The entire car would get airborn. It was stupid.

So being young and dumb happens. Just try to learn from this and don't kill yourself.

James3spearchucker

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
Aw dang unfortunately not. But if the carfax says front damage at around 6k miles and a "serviced" motor at 20k stay away lol. I don't know why it didn't say replaced engine but okay.
And I thought I was bad at your age!!!! Hahaha!! First off, excitement comes from turning and overall speed in a car, but as people have mentioned going high speeds can have bad results. I cruised at 120-135 when I was your age in 1990 Integra. It never seemed fast enough and I preferred my driving my dad's V6 Legend coupe. That car had better acceleration and suspension. I loved it!!!! Boo hoo now getting nostalgic haha.. I also had a 72 Mustang that I liked whipping around turns in. My accident came while driving easy to community college on a morning, ran into the back of a parked old yacht. No seatbelt or airbag and brain damage resulted. Now that I'm 48 I wish I was as adventurous today but I'm not and thats only when mountain biking. So that's what I will say. Go mountain bike a good bike on some bad ass trails and get some air. Snowboarding rocks too. Have fun. You are only young once. Thanks so much for being totally honest. That rocks! For thrills, go dirt or snow because pavement has its limits. With that said, if you want to have fun on pavement, try the highway from Big Pine to Oasis California. You won't regret it. Oh and Highway 1 at Big Sur California. There you don't even need to go fast because hairpin turns, fog and scenery!

Honda Civic 10th gen Yes I am dumb, blew my own motor at 19. B89D3A5A-F0C8-424B-9D4E-90B883A97F55

Last edited:

Charlie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Thanks gtman. Great comment. MarkedOne, broadly speaking, whenever you drive next in any car, take it to a track and you’ll never look back. Road pulls will turn boring in comparison ?

It's always good to read the post you quote.

Considering he no longer has the Si, he probably won't be having fun with it or tracking it. ;)